Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Missed Wand in Hungry Caves

Missed Wand in Hungry Caves

Postby Paula » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:44 pm

I missed the Wand in the Hungry Caves. Can I get it later in the game? I've gone back through the caves but it won't let me jump back down.
Paula
Wanderer

Re: Missed Wand in Hungry Caves

Postby kimo » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:56 pm

Paula wrote:I missed the Wand in the Hungry Caves. Can I get it later in the game? I've gone back through the caves but it won't let me jump back down.

I am not sure what Wand you are talking about, but my notes say DO NOT blow up the Orc Fortress if you want to return. If you have any dynamite in your possession when you get on the lift to exit, the party will automatically use it to blow up the Orc Fortress (and surrounding areas). You need to get rid of all the dynamite by using it before you get on the lift.

There is a side quest where you must
Spoiler: show
exit the caves when you find the first dynamite so you can find a boy hiding inside a barrel in the previous town (Lorelai).
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Paula » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:20 pm

This is what the guide says: Speaking of the wand – it is just hiding nearby. Go through the entrance
indicated on the map as “To Wand”. You’ll end up in the map below.
Jump right all the way. Once you reach the Tower, jump to the platform
below and then again down. Take the Wand from the chest inside. It’s a
great item and a great spell – make sure to use it on the Urzas.
Paula
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:14 pm

If you cannot jump down to the lower cave levels where the "resting tree" is located (near where you hopefully found Hirado), then it sounds like one of the party members blew up the Orc Fortress when they used the lift. If that is the case, according to my notes you cannot return. Also, if you didn't find the Air Sandals before you entered the cave then you have also missed out on a lot of goodies.

It has been a few years since I played and my PDF notes are all I have. @LadyJJ keeps incredible notes, but I don't know what she might have re: MM3.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Paula » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:23 pm

Thanks for trying to help. I did get Hirado but didn't just way down from him to reach the Wand. Since he was in the Hungry Caves I thought I could go back through there and get to it, but it's not letting me. Bummer. The Wand sound like it has some nice benefits, which I copied from the walkthrough:

Once you get the Wand – make sure to use
its spell – Matramatru.
The Matramatru spell is both colored Blue and White, so look for
creatures that are weak to those two, and abuse of it on them!
Paula
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Unfortunately my Millennium games and notes are on a laptop that no longer lives...

However, did you read this thread https://aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=8300? It may help you out. Seems like this wand has been elusive for a lot of people.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Paula » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:17 am

Very interesting. Hopefully, I can find it in MM4 since I have already blown up the fortress.
Paula
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:21 am

I knew @LadyJJ would have good info. Great link to the forum topic. Isn't it nice to know all those very experienced players couldn't find it either?

I guess I had all those "don't blow up the fortress" notes for a good reason. Oh, yeah, I blew up the fortress during my first playthrough.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Paula » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:33 pm

I just finished the game and will replay it and be extra careful to find that Wand!

I started the game again and I found the Wand! Lot's of slow searching, but I had success!
Paula
Wanderer

Return to Millennium 3 - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)