Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

MM 3 - Problems

MM 3 - Problems

Postby blondie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:57 pm

1. I couldn't get to secret room 29 from secret room 28. I tried going right, left, up, down... couldn't find it.

2. After defeating the dragon, I tried to do some of the side quest. I took the sister back to the witch Imogene, but she didn't give me the map to the library, no matter how many times I left & re-entered the swamp after delivering her sister. If I don't have the map, I can't do the rest of the quests.

These games should be produced so you don't need a guide - ample hints provided throughout the game.

This game is the worst of the three.
blondie
Peasant

Re: MM 3 - Problems

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:59 pm

1 - When you land, go left and you find the secret room.

2 - You need to complete this quest BEFORE doing the Castle of Malice, if you done later you won't get the map.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 pm

There has always been "harder" sidequests in my games, Laxius Force was my first and it had them too - nothing related to guides.
Games I make are not designed so that you find everything easily, otherwise secrets would be "weak" and not really secrets, wouldn't they?

This game is the worst of the three.

You're saying this like you don't like any of them at all +::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:13 pm

blondie wrote:These games should be produced so you don't need a guide - ample hints provided throughout the game.

I disagree, games should be challenging enough to provide fun to us players. Easy games has no fun, and you're not obligated to do side-quests in order to continue. Side-quests are just extras that are up to players complete, not anything that you HAVE to complete.
Last edited by D-Squall on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:19 pm

I see a game as an experience, a bit like life.
There are easy, normal and harder challenges. You don't always succeed at everything in general. It takes time to practise and learn a game entirely. Indeed I'm one of those who don't think it is so good if everything is at the same level and (fairly) easy to accomplish, especially when it comes to sidequests - stuff that is optional by definition.
This is a choice and I hope people can understand why I design games like this.

ps: in any case - the forum and its members (including myself) are here to help if needed! :)
The community has always been present for all the games.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EmeraldEyez » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 am

I agree with Indi and DS! That is what makes Indi's games...he is the King of the Tricksters! +::biggrin You can do like I do....play the game (missing most of the side quests) and then go back and replay when someone posts a complete walkthrough, and then replay again without the walkthrough! +::Thumbup
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 am

That seems like a great way to play indeed.
I personally always recommend not to try to complete everything in a first playthrough, but enjoy the game and make mistakes - none of them are going to prevent you from reaching the end anyway! :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:56 am

The trickiness of Indi's games may be frustrating sometimes, but that's what makes them so great. It's also good for replayability, you will always discover something new each playthrough.
Of course, if you compare it with some of the recent 3D RPGs, where it's actually quite hard to miss something, you may feel as a "bad player" after thoroughly playing the game and getting "completition 50%" message +::O_o - but don't worry, it's perfectly normal with Indi. +::biggrin
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:27 am

Yes, I try to make those games so that every savefile is different lol

People who want to find all the secrets are more than welcome to search the forum and/or ask their questions though. The community is always awesome at squeezing out all the secrets of my games, however tricky I try to be ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 am

And there's a detailed walkthrough at Gamezebo, I remember that I have found once.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Return to Millennium 3 - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)