lol was it a good thing? :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: FINISHED

Postby loof123 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 am

What do you need to do in Mystrock Sewers? I explored but couldn't find anything.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 am

loof123 wrote:What do you need to do in Mystrock Sewers? I explored but couldn't find anything.

you need to reach the administration house +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 pm

FINISHED! PIU-PIU WAS AWESOMEEEEE! I LOVE HIM! Suuzuukee XD
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby D-Squall » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Actually it was ''Soozookee'' +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:16 pm

loof123 wrote:FINISHED! PIU-PIU WAS AWESOMEEEEE! I LOVE HIM! Suuzuukee XD

+::biggrin +::wizard +::clap
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Finished too now and yes, it was suspenseful and it was thrilling. But to be honest ....... I'm a bit disappointed now. I've missed a lot of quests cause I didn't pay too much attention on them in the first place and I thought I'd find stuff I need to solve them somewhere on my way. Now I can't go back. In the previous games I could do all the missed stuff after finishing the main quest. I was kinda shocked when the game just ended without letting me go back to the world map.
Also during the game I could never go back to all the places I had been to before. I know I missed two secret rooms in the Sunken Town of Crest and afterwards I couldn't go everywhere there anymore.
I've spent much more time on exploring than I normally do when I'm playing with a walkthrough, but if you miss something you hardly get a second chance and that's what disappoints me. Though I really enjoyed the game and liked playing it (more than the previous MMs), in the end this is a big minus for me.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby cstrait » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:14 pm

I was shocked at how short this game was. I finished it in one day.
cstrait
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 pm

I believe the game would be/appear much longer if:
* i removed the green arrows
* i removed the fast battles
* i did not explain everything in the guide (for those who get it)

Those are three things I've done to make the game highly customizable/faster and I believe few devs (if not none) do that.
The battles in Millennium can be sped up to 3x the normal speed as seen in other games for instance. Of course it also "shortens" it. But do you prefer artificial length? I can always switch back to what everyone else does if it backfires on me to produce games where arrows can unstick you anytime or the time spent in battles is a third of the time you would spend in another game.

Additionally this Millennium was supposed to focus on the main quest to fit the time schedule of Marine in the story, and since you constantly rush to get the big 13 it may also appear less laid back than the others or other games.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Finished too now and yes, it was suspenseful and it was thrilling. But to be honest ....... I'm a bit disappointed now. I've missed a lot of quests cause I didn't pay too much attention on them in the first place and I thought I'd find stuff I need to solve them somewhere on my way. Now I can't go back. In the previous games I could do all the missed stuff after finishing the main quest. I was kinda shocked when the game just ended without letting me go back to the world map.
Also during the game I could never go back to all the places I had been to before. I know I missed two secret rooms in the Sunken Town of Crest and afterwards I couldn't go everywhere there anymore.
I've spent much more time on exploring than I normally do when I'm playing with a walkthrough, but if you miss something you hardly get a second chance and that's what disappoints me. Though I really enjoyed the game and liked playing it (more than the previous MMs), in the end this is a big minus for me.

I would say this is a constraint because of the story. Although you do revisit the Grand Rift, the Temple, Tabutu and Firth of Fourth - it's only Crest that you cannot entirely revisit. +::O_o

Maybe I can see to let you revisit Crest? I'll think about it. Where else would you need?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Being able to revisit Crest would be great.
I know I've also missed some secret rooms at the Rift. True, it was possible to return there at some point, but only from the side that originally was the exit, which is confusing for me. That's my problem though I guess, lol.
The one thing that imo would really be awesome is being able to return to the world map in the end like it was in the previous games. The party is not in a hurry anymore then. They have a full week until the showdown. Enough time to search for secret rooms, do some sidequests and by doing that train some more!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby woodlandpearl » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Thought the game was great! I went straight through the first time and didn't finish all of the quests. I restarted the game again so I can go through all of the quests, but found I wasn't able to finish a few of them because they rested on getting the quest from the guy in town (Quest #7). After finding Bear, I finally figured out where to find the guy to activate Quest #7, but was unable to activate (Quest #7). He did not mention anything about the flower. So I had to reload the game before I got to the lighthouse. Once I did that, Quest 7 did activate and now I'm on my way to find Bear again and kill that Dinosaur (I did kill him the second time through....took quite awhile, but didn't want to lose 10 percent of my gold!) again!

Also, I found one secret room in the Crest with a boss hiding behind a crack. I left and came back with Bear so I could defeat the boss and it said that there was nothing there behind the crack. Does entering the secret room and leaving without killing the boss prevent me from being able to kill the boss later down the road (ex. after I got Bear)?

Thanks so much for an awesome game. It did seem shorter than the rest, but I did like the quick battles and the arrows were helpful. I would explore all areas prior to following the arrows. Can't wait to see what happens next!
woodlandpearl
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:39 pm

You beat the dinosaur? Wow, congrats!
But that also means now Ivory Cave, right?

Spoiler: show
And thus no secret room #15!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby MiladyDW777 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Indinera wrote:Maybe I can see to let you revisit Crest? I'll think about it. Where else would you need?

I'd love to be able to do that.
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Millennium 4: Beyond Sunset - Help and Questions