Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

New RPG: A Place Far Away

New RPG: A Place Far Away

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:29 pm

A PLACE FAR AWAY

$19.99

Image Image

This is the latest game by Valkyria Games, already behind a huge lot of pretty popular titles on Aldorlea, the latest one being Untold Story.

SUMMARY:

In a place far away, Anya lives with her father Caledon. They are both alone and isolated in a small island to the south of the continent. After the catastrophe that almost decimated
humanity, they can only rely on each other to survive.

Caledon's role is to prepare Anya to fend for herself in a world that is very far from hospitable. Their relative peace is altered the day a Druid comes to visit them... Everything Anya
once believed will be shattered, and ready or not, she will have to take on the world outside of her island.

Embark on a journey of self-discovery, love, friendship and purpose in A Place Far Away.

FEATURES:

- A compelling storyline designed to keep one engaged from start to finish.
- Cinematic cutscenes that elevates the game's storytelling to higher levels of immersion.
- Many locations to explore, from snowy islands, to desertic mountains, to forests, ruins and dungeons.
- Ultimate weapons to be found.
- Optional boss to find and defeat.
- Mouse Support.
- Quest Journal.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: A Place Far Away

Postby Del » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 am

Hey, everyone! Game developer here...

I have put a lot of effort into this game, as you may know about me from now, story is what I like the most and I went the extra mile with this one. I'm very happy with how it turned out, from the pacing to the twists and to the cutscenes themselves.

I have also took into consideration the feedback you guys gave me in my recent games, so I worked to make the game a bit longer, the combat is more versatile with more enemies and skills and I have also added in some secrets which I know you love.

I hope you enjoy playing A Place Far Away as much as I have enjoyed creating it.
If you need help with anything, I'm here for you. :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 pm

Hi! Great game so far I bought it and got the Pegasus but he disappeared when I went back into the royal palace. Just gone...don't know where he went. Is this a glitch? tried restarting game still gone. Thanks in advance!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 pm

Hi, ZuluKat! Can you take me through your steps? You went to the rails and then afterwards to Bell Tower, correct? Then you got the Pegasus, went to the World Map, entered Royal Walls and then he disappeared? When you leave Royal Tower you don't automatically go to the World Map with the Pegasus?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 am

Hi DeI,

I haven't got that far yet - I am escaping through the woods and ran into the monster Dryad. I beat it but once the game goes back to the scene, it freezes. I can move the cursor but the characters don't move either with the mouse or keyboard. I've tried it twice now and it froze both times. A fix would be nice when you get a moment ;)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

MerryX wrote:Hi DeI,

I haven't got that far yet - I am escaping through the woods and ran into the monster Dryad. I beat it but once the game goes back to the scene, it freezes. I can move the cursor but the characters don't move either with the mouse or keyboard. I've tried it twice now and it froze both times. A fix would be nice when you get a moment ;)

MerryX

It is fixed.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 am

Indinera wrote:
MerryX wrote:Hi DeI,
MerryX

It is fixed.

Oooh, muchas gracias +::kiss

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am

Hi, MerryX. Everything working fine?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby guiba » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

:(
non pas pour moi le monstre est toujours figé après avoir été battu
guiba
Peasant

Postby Del » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 pm

I have been trying to reproduce this but it works fine for me everytime.
Does it freeze right after the fight, or is there any other line of dialogue or movement after the fight and then it freezes?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 pm

guiba wrote::(
non pas pour moi le monstre est toujours figé après avoir été battu

Can you please send me your savefile just before the bug?
aldorlea@googlemail.com
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 pm

Del wrote:I have been trying to reproduce this but it works fine for me everytime.
Does it freeze right after the fight, or is there any other line of dialogue or movement after the fight and then it freezes?

Hi Del,
It's fixed now but yes, there was a line of dialogue and step back by the monster.
MerryX

Edit: Now it's happened again when I fought the mountain beast above the falls. I've now beaten it twice and each time after it returns to the main screen, Anya takes one step forward and it all freezes. It only seems to happen after a "boss" battle.

Edit 2: Okay, I've managed to get past it. I think the issue may be related to the mouse. I used the keyboard arrows from the previous scene, and the monster howl cut in as soon as I stepped off the stairs. In the two previous attempts, I had advanced too quickly further onto the hill top. The other difference was when they advanced to fight, they split up into the 3 characters side by side. In the previous failed attempts, they split up but Anya ended up ahead of the other two.
I don't know if that is clear for you about what happens but in future I'll be tiptoeing up to the "boss" via keyboard - not barrelling ahead with the mouse +::biggrin
MerryX
Explorer

Postby bgillisp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:29 pm

I have an idea of what may be causing it. Many mouse systems in this engine take you all the way to where you click and when you hit an event, it will keep you going past it while running the event.

I fixed this in my last game by having all events start with the following event command:

Set Move Route -> Select Player for who to apply it to -> Nothing in the set move route.

This clears out the movement in the queue and stops the player in spot.

This worked for me in ACE, not tested in the other engines but maybe adding that into those events Del may help.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Del » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 am

MerryX wrote:
Del wrote:I have been trying to reproduce this but it works fine for me everytime.

Hi Del,
It's fixed now but yes, there was a line of dialogue and step back by the monster.
MerryX

Edit: Now it's happened again when I fought the mountain beast above the falls. I've now beaten it twice and each time after it returns to the main screen, Anya takes one step forward and it all freezes. It only seems to happen after a "boss" battle.

Edit 2: Okay, I've managed to get past it. I think the issue may be related to the mouse. I used the keyboard arrows from the previous scene, and the monster howl cut in as soon as I stepped off the stairs. In the two previous attempts, I had advanced too quickly further onto the hill top. The other difference was when they advanced to fight, they split up into the 3 characters side by side. In the previous failed attempts, they split up but Anya ended up ahead of the other two.
I don't know if that is clear for you about what happens but in future I'll be tiptoeing up to the "boss" via keyboard - not barrelling ahead with the mouse +::biggrin

This is very helpful, MerryX, thanks for this. I will look into it.

bgillisp wrote:I have an idea of what may be causing it. Many mouse systems in this engine take you all the way to where you click and when you hit an event, it will keep you going past it while running the event.

I fixed this in my last game by having all events start with the following event command:

Set Move Route -> Select Player for who to apply it to -> Nothing in the set move route.

This clears out the movement in the queue and stops the player in spot.

This worked for me in ACE, not tested in the other engines but maybe adding that into those events Del may help.

Thank you for your help, I thought of the mouse issue. I remember I once used a mouse script that had that problem, it would take the player past any event that was set by Player Touch, this doesn't seem to happen with the one I'm using right now. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that one could be clicking away throughout the scene and for some reason the event commands doesn't cancel the mouse input the same way it does with the keyboard. I'll do some further testing and see what I can find out about this. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

As for everyone else having this sort of issue, right now I'd ask you to go through these scenes using the keyboard only, I think that will help. In the meantime I'll work on a solution.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:44 pm

Del wrote:Hi, ZuluKat! Can you take me through your steps? You went to the rails and then afterwards to Bell Tower, correct? Then you got the Pegasus, went to the World Map, entered Royal Walls and then he disappeared? When you leave Royal Tower you don't automatically go to the World Map with the Pegasus?

Yes to all. But yeah, I immediately went back into the royal tower . I guess I landed too close to tower maybe? I'll just go back to previous save and hope it doesn't happen again.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Next

Return to Millennium 4: Beyond Sunset - Help and Questions