Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Millennium 4: Players' Memories

Millennium 4: Players' Memories

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:36 am

Done with the game? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this questionary, it will help me figure out how to make the next MMs even better game!

Favorite In-Game Moment (explain why):
What did you think about the story?
What did you think about Marine?
What did you think about Lord Dragon?
What did you think about the music?
What did you think about the artworks?
Your opinion about the game's ending (from the moment they go the Mystrock to register the last warrior)?
What's the game's best/strongest sides?
What was your biggest surprise in this game?
Have you played Millennium 1-2-3 and if so, how does this one compare?
Who would win a female Beauty Contest: Marine, Karine, Jezabel, Salome, Claryssa (Mom)?
Who would win a male Beauty Contest: Benoit, Hirado, Abu, Jack, James, Bokden, Wolfgang, The Bear, Suzuki?
Who is the funniest character and why?
Are you looking forward MM5 and if so, what would you like to see in this game?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Millennium 4: Players' Memories

Postby D-Squall » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:56 am

Done with the game? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this questionary, it will help me figure out how to make the next MMs even better game!

I just loved the conversations with the Bear, that rage of him is inhuman, and then I thought... with all the persuasion that Marine had to convince all her warriors, she would fail with that man??? I knew that he would join but I thought ''how she would convince him?'' and after she failed all the trials, Marine resolved to burn his house and I thought ''he's going to kill her'' +::biggrin and suddenly he joined. Man, that was an amazing scene.

It was great like the first three chapters, however in this one, like the own game's description says: it was suspenseful, emotional and thrilling. The events, the places, all fits perfectly with the story and was so cool that I couldn't stop playing. Meeting the lords, Borgon almost got fired (I loved to see Lord Dragon putting him at his place), Merline jumping in order to place the flag, Piu-Piu doing the registration was all perfect. ^^

The most persistant and corageous character that I've seen in a game, of all games that I have played, I haven't met a character like her. She was well designed, her character is amazing.

I was surprised to see him angry because of Borgon's disobedience, I never thought that a man calm like him would do that? Now I wonder if he's the loyal man that I used to think after all the games.

I was disapointed to see that was only three new musics, still the musics were great, fits perfect with the environment and the cutscenes. I loved the medieval theme of Tabutu, that was a really nice music.

They were incredible as always. Bokden and Bear's artworks were my favourites of this chapter. Saehral always amazes me with her talent. Great artist for a great game.

Your opinion about the game's ending (from the moment they go the Mystrock to register the last warrior)?

It was exciting, I mean... how could Borgon thinks so evilish? And they went into the sewers. WOW, and in the end the biggest surprise, Piu-Piu was the savior. +::biggrin I thought that it was EXCITING. +::lol

Graphics, Musics, Story!!! Everything. +::biggrin

To see Lord Dragon's wrath, I mean... he's known for being a calm and loyal man and suddenly he destroyed the table beside him. +::O_o That surprised me.

I think this one was the best of all, this is what Indy does... make a Millennium game better than the other. +::biggrin

Who would win a female Beauty Contest: Marine, Karine, Jezabel, Salome, Claryssa (Mom)?

Salome, it was other in MM3 memories. But I changed my opinion. +::biggrin

Who would win a male Beauty Contest: Benoit, Hirado, Abu, Jack, James, Bokden, Wolfgang, The Bear, Suzuki?

Even being a man, I have to admit that Bokden is handsome. +::biggrin

Old Suzuki, even if was for a little while. I laughed when he said: ''That's a scandal'' +::biggrin

I don't know, Indinera really surpised me in this game, I always thought that she would get all warriors in Millennium 4 and in Millennium 5 would be only the showdown. I'm gonna let he surprises me with the last game. ;)
Will be so bad when Marine's journey is over. :/ Oh well, I'll be waiting. +::clap
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby MiladyDW777 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Hands down, it was Piu-Piu saving the day. I have always loved him, have even levelled him up a few times to experience his “skills” (I use that term loosely ;)), and to see him be the hero was just a thrill. Bokden arriving at The Old Lighthouse was a close second.

It had me on the edge of my seat. As I said, I wound up blowing off all the extras just so I could find out what happened. This time around the story was more exciting than the game, and with a game that exciting, that’s saying something!

I want to be her when I grow up, and believe people can do anything if they believe in themselves. And robots and fairies and Piu-Pius, too, of course. +::Thumbup

My suspicions about him were confirmed: that at heart, he’s actually a fair and just guy, but he is in desperate need of having his ego taken down a few notches. Oh, and that he has TERRIBLE taste in advisors.

Although I have to agree with D-Squall that I wish there had been more, the new songs were just terrific (they're all on my iPod!), and the blending of the old songs worked very well.

The background scenery was wonderful overall, and breathtaking in a few places especially. Wolfgang kind of creeped me out, but not because he was drawn badly; he's just kinda creepy. The Bear looked spot-on, and Bokden... ah, Bokden... +::heart The only disappointment was the new members of the Mystrock Team of Thirteen. I think I’m spoiled because all of Marine’s team and all the original villains are so detailed that the thumbnails of the Lords and Ladies of Mystrock, although well-drawn, just didn’t quite measure up.

See above about blowing off extras to find out what happened, and my love for all things Piu-Piu. That was intense!!! Borgon, you jerk...

The suspense. When Marine lost all three challenges, I don’t mind saying I freaked out and was sure I’d blown the game. I should have known better. Who would have thought our girl was a pyromaniac?!? And the race to register Soozookee was a real nailbiter.

HI, MOM!!! +::biggrin I kind of figured we’d see her again, but I never expected she’d be a playable character. Bokden as brave hero was a shock as well since historically he hasn't exactly been what you'd call courageous...

They get better every time. I keep wanting to say that this one felt shorter, but I can’t really make a fair comparison given how I went out of my way to finish quickly.

Although Marine’s new look has definitely grown on me, I call a toss-up between Karine and Salome.

This, too, is a toss-up, between Bokden and JackandJames. I would never have dreamed that Goofy, Turns-up-in-the-weirdest-places Bokden would be HAWT, but DANG!!! Special award for Upper Body Maintenance goes to Hirado.

JackandJames. SO pretty. SOOOOOOO dumb, bless their macho little hearts…

I. Can’t. Wait. +::Dance +::Dance +::Dance

What I’m hoping for:
* Time for training and sidequests before the main event.
* That the hard work I put into getting the gang’s Bare Fist levels up in MM4 will import, at least partially, into MM5.
* That Jezabel will catch a clue (or at least not cause TOO many problems).
* That I’ll be able to save between matches during the contest so I’m not starting over from the beginning if one of Marine’s team loses, because even if the victor is the side that wins the MOST, I’m anal enough that I won’t be happy unless Marine wins ALL the matches.
* Repeat previous wish about Jezabel.
* Although I know the Bear was recruited to take on Lord Dragon, I would love love LOVE it if the Bear was the one to kick the crap out of Merryl instead, and Marine was the one to put Dragon in his place. Seriously, dude’s too arrogant for his own good, even if he IS just and fair and breaks tables when he’s really ticked off at his advisors (YOU SHOULD HAVE FIRED HIM, DRAGON!!!), and it would be the icing on the cake if “the teenage girl” took him down.

All in all, a perfect addition to the MM family of games. The best compliment I can give you is that I wish to heaven I didn't have to work today so I could go home and play it again!!!! +::clap +::clap +::clap
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby mipanda » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 am

when Piu Piu helped save the day at the end!! it was sooo unexpected :D I'm glad Piu Piu ended up playing a role of sorts :D

I absolutely loved it! Most of the time I was like 'marine might just make it!' then something happens and I'm just like 'she might not make it...' xD haha it's unpredictable :P

hmm I was a bit annoyed at her in this game for some reason...I mean it's good she stands up for her beliefs and everything but when she's trying to focus on something (the showdown and getting warriors), she is willing to wait hours for just one person when the deadline was like coming so soon xD I guess I felt bad for the others because in the end she didn't really listen to anyone even jeanne xD however overall I like her new look!

he was exactly like i thought minus the big ego! He's a real sweetheart inside +::kiss not to mention absolutely attractive!! though he could do with better advisors +::Annoyed

the music was beautiful! millennium series is the only rpg that I turn on the music and sound for! it sets the mood really well for certain scenes +::music

to me personally, i think the artworks are getting better and better each game! (though I must say old suzuki's sprite scared me a little, it was almost as if he was insane xD) but I loved the artworks! Very beautiful! +::biggrin

The little moment between marine and bokden was nice :P it was almost as if he didn't want her to go...And as I said above, Piu Piu's role in the ending was great! +::biggrin

storyline ftw! and also the characters :)

Bokden as a major character! never saw that one coming!

I think millennium 4 seemed shorter to play though it might have actually been longer compared to the others. I think it's the fact that the first three games, marine was not that rushed and in the fourth one she is running out of time so as the player we feel the anxiety as well so perhaps that is why it seemed shorter...

Even though Marine's new look is way better than her past one but I think to me it's definitely between Karine or Salome

No Lord Dragon +::O_o argh fine...then it will have to be bokden or benoit!

J n J!! OMGosh! You put those two together, you could have a comedy series by itself!

I absolutely cannot wait for MM5! tie up loose ends plus I wanna know marine's love interest!! got so many different theories! just have to wait for them to be proven :P I do hope we can have a chance to double-promote some characters as I didn't have enough time at the end of the game. and also that there is a chance for us to level up their bare fists...I found that quite hard to do xD the only character I got up to level 5 was marine, the rest were on level 2, 1 and some 3...And Hopefully Jezabel will not cause too many problems and will willingly help marine or maybe she could become really good friends with another female characeter (heart-to-heart) then she changes her ways!
♥Lucky is the Boy who is his Girl's First Love, and Lucky is a Girl who is her Boy's Last One ... do you agree? ♥
mipanda
Mercenary

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 pm

When Bokden's artwork first appeared cause I wouldn't have guessed that it was him. It was nice when he joined.

As announced it was really suspenseful this time and left me quite tensed sometimes. And though of course the game just proceeds as fast as I do and there's no timer that at some point beeps and says, 'Sorry, you've been too slow, you've missed the deadline. GAME OVER!' I often felt I should HURRY!
Actually this game focussed much more on the story than the last one did.

She's been the same as usually.

I still think he's not a bad person. But that's probably what we are supposed to think .......

Didn't pay much attention to it.

My 13 warriors are cool, but I didn't like the artworks of most of the Lords.

Finally Piu Piu is useful, YAY!!!
Everything that came afterwards was just a loooooooooot of reading.

Fighting just with bare hands and increasing the levels by hits is something new and a nice change. Though it isn't easy to level some of the characters in this cause they are not in the party for very long.
The best imo though was Bokden joining.

Bokden joining and that he's a real good fighter.

Yes.
MM4 focusses more on the storyline. It's more thrilling.
It's quite short though. Even though I explored more than I usually do it was just 10 hours of playtime. (But to be fair, on the other hand it's not expensive.)

Karine.

Wolfgang (because of his eyes).

Grandpa. No 'why'. He's just funny.

Hmmmmm, not a showdown with 169 fights. Something completely unexpected instead.

I'd like to add a few points of criticism.
Though I really had fun playing that game it left me a bit disappointed and unsatisfied in the end because a lot of sidequests remained unsolved and I did't get a second chance to find all the secret rooms.
The game doesn't offer the possibility to revisit all of the places. In some of the dungeons it even won't let you go back all the way which means you can't look for secret rooms you've missed.
I would have liked more opportunities to go after the sidequests. Yes, the party is in a hurry. But if they don't have any time for sidequests maybe the game should have gone without. They haven't been important anyway. But since there were sidequests I would have liked to return to the world map at least after finishing the main quest like in previous games.
And speaking of quests - what I really don't like are quests you can only solve if you have a walkthrough or by coincidence - like the Selena quest. Why the heck should a spider be attracted by mosquito cream??? That's not logical at all and it really irked me.
And finally - for my liking there was too much dialogue in the game. When playing the trial version you spend about half of your free hour only reading. And also during the game all the reading started getting on my nerves cause it kept me from playing.

So summarized - it's a real good game with nice surprises (or not so nice like a bunch of Animal Kings in one cave), a thrilling and sweeping story and cool new characters, but imo it does not exploit its full potential.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Aggeliki » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! +::heart
This was the best millenium so far!!! +::Thumbup

+::YAY Piu-Piu's final great did! He saved the mission! :razz:

The story in this episode was the most intriguing and fascinating of all! 10/10

Very persisting and highly motivated as always!

Hmmm...hmmmm...cruel justice.. +::stop

I would expect more new themes ...7/10 +:oops:

10/10!!!!!!!!!!!! +::Thumbup +::YAY

The story made me hold my breath till the end!! 10/10!!!! +::YAY

Story-art-design-features +::Thumbup

BOKDENNNNNNNNN!!!!! 8) +::YAY +::biggrin (and Marine..they flirted.. +::heart )

This is the best, except the sidequests ( i had more fun with MM3 +:oops: ) and the secret rooms ( they were less mysterius than before..imo..)

Salome-mediterennean girl!!!!! +::biggrin

Hirado-Abu!! +::heart +::heart +::heart

Bokden! so full of surprises!!

WHEN??????????PLEASE give it to us for Xmas!!!!!!!! +::fear +::surrender +::heart

Things that i expect

1. Marine-Lord Dragon love story +::whistle
2.A secret city they go and train..maybe in an other continent..many sidequests to help the training part..many obstacles from the bad ones..only Lord Dragon secretlly admires Marine.. +::shhhh +::biggrin
3.Mom gets her colour back
4.Themistocles letters finally meet their purpose +::biggrin +::lol
5.optional endings depending on who Marine chooses for boyfriend (Bokden-Benoit-LD...) +::whistle
and the most high jumps in the whole saga!!!

+::heart +::Thumbup +::clap
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby kkhohoho » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Can't say; I can't really pinpoint one. Can't explain why; I just can't find a moment that really stands out. \=

The story itself... is fairly compelling. More thoughts below. (And yes, I have played the previous 3 episodes, just an FYI.)

Marine is a character we want to follow; strong-willed, driven, and willing to do what it takes to achieve her goal. Some of her actions and behaviors seem somewhat reckless and maybe a bit unrealistic at times, but that's when I remember that's she's only 15, so it's understandable.

The other characters are a mixed bag. Some are interesting, with fairly well defined personalities, such as Benoit, Merline, Jack, Bodken, Abu, Old Suzuki, (who I hope stays around a while longer,) and to extents, Hirado, and Karine. (Yes, I know she's not in this one, but I'm counting her anyway.) Bear's alright too; we haven't seen too much of his character yet, but he only showed up late in 4, and then once he was recruited, we didn't see anything else of him. So, here's hoping 5 shows more of him.

The rest of the playable cast though, kind of falls flat. Jezable, Mom, Jake, Salome, Dee, and Wolfgang, (especially Wolfgang,) aren't as well defined. They aren't all that fleshed out, and we don't know them so well as people. To use an example, when I'm using Dee, I don't think of her as a character; I think of her as my Magic Nuke, and only as my Magic Nuke, because there isn't any other reason to think otherwise of her. Hirado, and Karine could use a bit of work as well, but they don't feel like major players, nor were they characters that stuck with you for a while, so they're more excusable. Now, this wouldn't be so much of a deal, but I've also played other games of yours, Laxius Force for one, and some of the character work was certainly better there. I just feel that you could be doing a better job with some of these characters (Salome and Wolfgang are practically blank slates,); flesh them out, show other sides of their personalities, define them, make them unique and memorable. But before everyone flames me, remember that it's just my opinion, and that there are characters that are fleshed out and developed, like I've mentioned.

And I suppose I should also give a word to our antagonists. Lord Dragon is portrayed fairly nicely; he isn't really a tyrant, per say, as he's actually a decent ruler, who's loyal to his home, and is respectable, courteous, and never plays dirty. True, the countryside is in shambles, but it's been like that for ages. Dragon was likely born into that state of affairs, and feels that that's just the way things are. Now, if he was a truly great ruler, he'd try to do something about it, but as it is, the land could certainly be worse off. No, Dragon isn't our villain here people.

Borgon, on the other hand, is. From the beginning of the series, we see that he's a self-centered man who only cares about himself, and is willing to do just about anything to stay in power in Mystrok, shown literally, from both sending the earlier spy/assassin out, and by his actions late in 4. He doesn't care one whit about the peasants, and shows no respect to them, even those to who his Lord Dragon does. In fact, he only shows respect to Dragon because he's his superior, and if he tried anything, such as what he did in 4, he'd likely lose his position and all of his power, as with what nearly happened here. Overall, I'd bet that if our heroes start actually winning a good portion of their fights, that Borgon is going to get quite desperate... (I also think that if he could, he'd take over the position of 'Lord' in a heartbeat...)

I can't say much about the martial artists at this point, but I will say that they look like fairly interesting opponents, and should make for some good fights when the time comes.

And finally, I should actually talk about the plotline. There wasn't a ton of it, in comparison to the large amount of dungeon crawling that was present, but it was definitely there. Depending on where it was at, it could get depressing, inspiring, exciting, somber, etc., and was pretty well-plotted, and the series of events and actions made sense; nothing really stood out to me as 'BS', which was good. The whole scene with the Bear was probably the best part of this Episode, though I also rather liked the earlier bit with Bodken. And the end, starting with the crew being locked outside of Mystrock, to the credits, was exciting, and while I knew they would probably get in, there was a small part of me that felt, 'Maybe they won't get in.' And the final scene gave a cue(yes, not clue, I really mean 'cue',) of some of what's to come. All in all, good plot, decent antagonists, a nice heroine, but the rest of the characters are a mixed lot.

Oh, and the dialogue, while overall serviceable, could use some touching up.

I've already talked about her.

Him too.

Pretty nice. Not the most memorable or striking tracks I've ever heard, but they fit where they were, and never made my ears bleed. ;) All in all, a pretty decent soundtrack, with some tracks being a cut above others.

Pretty good. It's drawn well, and it all fits. Certainly some of the better artwork to be seen in a RPGM game. I'd just wish the artwork better matched up with the character sprites. (Or vice-versa.)

I already talked about.it Maybe it could have used a bit more ''oomph' at the end, but I'm not exactly sure what.

The whole scene with The Bear, and and the ending sequence(s).

The fact that Marine's Mom was still alive and not a ghost, but an actual playable character, if only briefly. That, and that a character that was previously just a random NPC (Bodken,) turned out to actually be a somewhat major character.

Yes, I've played them, and I'd say that the biggest difference is actually the gameplay. It's not as good; since you made just about everyone use Barehand, they can't use their magic or weapons, and so they lose all of their buffs, debuffs, offensive spells, etc. I know that the characters had to try and train in the martial arts, but getting rid of those abilities wasn't the way to do it, from a gameplay perspective. I do hope we get them back by the end of 5.

Marine, Karine, or Salome.

Bodken, Jack, or Hirado.

Old Suzuki.

For one, I'd like to see all the spells and skills returned by the end. But aside from that... I think that just having The Showdown would be a bit unsatisfactory, because we've expecting it from the beginning. I'm not saying it shouldn't be there at all, but that it'd also be nice to see something unexpected occur as well. Something that really throws you a curve ball...

So yeah, that's all I have to say. Peace out. +::Thumbup
Last edited by kkhohoho on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby Trex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:55 pm

What more can I say? FANTASTIC! Can't really sum up any more than what the other players have answered. I totally agree and have nothing negative to say. Played all your games, Indy, and you just get better and better! BTW, I played in normal mode and wound up with 27 of 26 quests(?) all animal kings and secret rooms. Going to replay in hard mode now. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Trex
Bard

Postby woodlandpearl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:46 pm

This is difficult! I had several. The first was when Brodken comes on scene at the lighthouse after being late and the second was when Marine sets Bear's house on fire. +::biggrin

I thought the story was very suspenseful and very fast paced. I ignored several quests the first time through because I was on edge of my seat trying to figure out what was going to happen.

Very bold especially when she started to burn Bear's house down. I could feel her passion on wanting to get all 13 warriors on the list in Mystock. I could also feel her confusion of her feelings especially when she was waiting on Brodken. She wanted to give him a chance, the others didn't. Honestly if I was in her shoes I'm not sure if I would have waited...

He has a caring heart. More likely he was brought up in his role so he doesn't know anything is different for others. Who knows what some of his Lords have told him about the "other" people outside of Mystock.

I don't usually have the music on so hard to judge...

The characters were great - Bear, Brodken etc. The only ones I had a rough time was the Lords and Ladies of Mystock. It seemed that they were not as detailed as the character artworks.

I liked it - I didn't expect them to get locked out and have to go through the sewer. Grandpa was so funny with him yelling through the gate about a scandal. +::biggrin

I look forward for MM5!

The storyline.

Marine burning down Bear's house

More linear and fast paced than all the others. Great storyline!
I felt that I was't able to explore other places as I did in the other MMs. Also I wasn't able to go back and return to other places to find secret rooms, missed items, and quests. I missed the flower quest from the guy in the cellar the first two times around and had to play the rift/bear sequence three times. +::cry

Salome or Karome

Benoit or Bokden

This is difficult! Jack and James were funny as well as Grandpa! +::biggrin

Maybe have the thirteen warriors practice and do quests to level them up and then fight the main battle.

I'm looking forward to Marine's warriors to win...but very curious how the fights will turn out.

Also, I would love to have Marine and Dragon get together. Granted she hates him, but all she knows about him is how Dragon's lords are portraying him to be.
woodlandpearl
Wanderer

Postby Madmar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:14 pm

There were a couple of things. Piu Piu can write??!!?? Mom left the swamp. And of course Bokden.
IThe story was good. It fleshed out a little more of the background surrounding Mystrock and there was certainly a sense of urgency to get to Mystrock on time but there was a lot of downtime with the Lords of Mystrock and the evil Borgon (HISS BOO)
Marine was still sassy and determined but showed a little more vulnerability this time.
Other than being one very handsome dude? I think he is fair and just in world that is neither fair nor just. I don't see him as the enemy.
The new music was good.
Loved the maps and scenery but the new Lords not so much. They were poorly represented compared to past characters. Some looked barely human or deformed.
LD lost his temper and Borgon almost lost his position. About time Dragon figured out he is a dirty player. Glad to have the 13 registered finally so we are set up for the last installment.
I think all the warriors are interesting and like that they are not "'perfect heroes". They have strengths and weaknesses. Some moreso than others. It will be interesting to see how they flesh out for the finale. It moved fast, almost too fast.
Mom left the swamp and Bokden joined the party. I honestly didn't think he would come to the lighthouse based on past performance. The fact that he was a decent fighter was also a nice surprise.
I have played MM 1-2-3 and each left me waiting for more. This was no different
They are all beautiful in their own way. Even Mom. Maybe they can find a cure for her? That could be a good side quest, no?
I do have a soft spot for Hirado
Well now that Bolkden is so serious, I would have to agree Suzuki is the funniest, a little delusional but funny. J and J also offer some comic relief, as always.
I am so looking forward to MM5! The final chapter in this epic. Wouldn't miss it.
I would like the characters to maintain the hand to hand levels we all worked so hard for. I would like to return for double promotions for those I missed and equipments they can use to give them the best advantage. I hope James steps up to the plate and stops being such a slacker and Jezebel stays the course and proves me wrong. I definitely want that smirk wiped off Borgon's face and for Meryll to receive a righteous whuppin. Other than that Indy, bring it on. The sooner the better!
Madmar
Explorer

Postby titaness » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Well naturally, for me, it would have to be when Bokden
showed up at the lighthouse. I thought he once again
was going to "shirk" his duty! I, of all people, should
have known he would "step up to the plate" when times
got tough. He's always been there for me! When you think
about it, he does know more about the terrain than anyone
else, as he's been everywhere...you can count on that!!

The story was great, and followed along the overall plot
perfectly. And, it really makes you start to feel the
anticipation and pressure building. Time was crucial,
but our heroes never faltered.

Marine grew stronger in her resolve, and was the perfect
leader. She imparted her strength to the others, who may
have given up, had they not seen her struggle against all
the odds.

I couldn't help but start to like and respect Lord
Dragon. He is honest and fair. He does not try to
manipulate the outcome like that rotten Borgon does.
If he and Marine can figure out some ways to jointly
rule the lands, it would be best for all! Dragon
has a lot of good qualities as a leader, in my
opinion.

Unfortunately, I never listen much to the music, as
I have the volume off most of the time, but what I
did hear, was beautiful!!

This is one of the things that sets Indy so far
above the other RPG creators! He combines "real"
landscapes with the game ones superbly, and it
really looks almost "3D". I have never seen this
done so uniquely in ANY other games! It lends an
air of reality to a wonderful fantasy world!

Your opinion about the game's ending (from the moment
they go to Mystrock to register the last warrior)?

As always, the game leaves you "begging for more"!
I can not wait for the final installment! The plot
is in place, the characters are set, yet the ultimate
outcome is still looming ominously before us. Even
though they made the deadline, so much is left to
be done in only a brief amount of time! And, Borgon
is almost certainly going to go to any lengths to
insure failure of our heroes.I almost feel like I
need to go into training myself!!

This may sound like a rather unusual strength to
assign to a game, but it is something quite unique
to Indy, as well. He is totally committed to his
"fans". He listens to them, and communicates with
them. Most importantly he creates FROM them. He
has taken great concerns from the forum, and
incorporated them into his games, almost as if we
helped in the evolution of the plot! He has included
the elusive Bokden as a main character, after we
have watched him evolve for years!! We FINALLY have
the 3rd Themostecles letter, which has driven us
all crazy! Udo's mysterious existence has been
confirmed, and we FINALLY get to meet MOM!! It
gives such a feeling of satisfaction!! Other
creators could learn a real lesson from our Trickster!

Either finding the third letter, or Udo's doll quest.
Both had me rolling on the floor laughing, as well
as savoring a feeling of accomplishment!!!

Have you played Millennium 1-2-3 and if so, how does this
one compare?

It is my favorite so far! I loved having Bokden on board,
of course, and loved the felling of suspense as the
deadline drew near! The artwork was the best so far
in my opinion. I continually marveled at it! And it
left me "drooling in anticipation" for the grand finale!

Who would win a female Beauty Contest: Marine, Karine,
Jezabel, Salome, Claryssa (Mom)?

How can you not include Jeanne? I've always thought she
is gorgeous. Udo's doll wasn't bad either!!HEHEHEHEHE

Who would win a male Beauty Contest: Benoit, Hirado, Abu,
Jack, James, Bokden, Wolfgang, The Bear, Suzuki?

Well, Bokden would never forgive me if I didn't pick
him. But on the other hand, don't want too much competition
for his affections!! Actually, I've always thought Abu
was absolutely gorgeous, but than I am partial to dark
skin!! Abu is downright S...XY!!

James was kind of funny in his "cluelessness", and PIU PIU
is always amusing just cause he's so cute. But again, Bokden
would have to win due to his capricious nature!

Are you looking forward MM5 and if so, what would you like
to see in this game?

Hmmmmmmm, tough question to answer.Thoughts on this will
evolve as time progresses, but obviously, I want to see
changes that will inevitably occur as the characters
continue to train. Will there be conflicts amongst them?
What kind of challenges will Borgon present to prevent
them from making it to the final challenge? Will anyone
threaten to desert when Borgon tempts them? Will there
be "love connections"? Will Udo show up? Will we find a
hidden significance to the 4 Themostecles letters? There
are many questions still unanswered!

In conclusion, Indy has continued to show us why he is the
"King of RPGs", and why the MM series will stand as one of
the all time best of the genre!! Kudos, to the creative
genius of our "Trickster". We love you, Indy!!!
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Tomas » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:48 pm

The whole scene when Marine waits for Bokden at the lighthouse and then when Bokden comes (as a true prince...).
It was really touching and somehow I felt that Marine can accomplish anything after this. Also, I really do like Bokden and I wanted him badly in my party. He's my second favorite character (after Marine).

Darker and more thrilling than any previous MM game. Similar feeling to LF2, imo.

So much courage and passion! Marine is just incredible. I loved how she had convinced the Bear to join. Even Jeanne couldn't predict what Marine is capable of. She's by far the most important character in MM4.

He's pretty much as I've imagined him since MM3 - strong, honorable and a bit naive. He doesn't seem realize what's Borgon really like, because he would never behave the same. Anyway, for me, Lord Dragon is definitively a "good guy" after MM4.

Pretty good. And I liked the new music in the Crest.

Once again, pretty good. My favorite new one is Bokden, he looks really good.

The scene where Marine discovers the last wall in the sewers (the one that isn't on the map) is absolutely thrilling. And then, when Piu-Piu comes back and obviously doesn't know what to do... One day, I will get a heart attack because of you, Indi! +::biggrin
I also loved the preparation for MM5 in the very end - Borgon avaluating the Marine's warriors and so on.

Story, story and once again story. There's just so many memorable moments - the beginning, finding Marine's Mom, Bokden joining, Bear almost hitting Marine and the whole ending. Even the MM3 and Dragon of Malice pales in comparison.

Bokden joining, I never expected this!

I've played all of them and MM4 is easilly the best. If we are talking purely about gameplay, then MM4 is comparable to MM3, although a bit shorter. But the story is the reason why MM4 is so good.
Also, for me MM4 was special, because it changed my perception of MM world. Until MM4, I perceived MM as a fairy-tale, where Marine is the brave girl who will change the world. Now it feels much more mature and complex - ancient temples, lost civilizations, knowing that Marine is not first one who tried to invoke the Martial Law... And Mystrock suddenly isn't the "whole world", there's so much more to it. I know that many of these things were told in previous MMs, after all there was a dragon in MM3, but it was MM4 that make me to realize it. And that was something I really loved about the game.

For me it would be Marine.

Bokden, no doubt about it.

Jack/James, nothing changed here. If I should pick one I would say James. But they are both overshadowed by Bokden this time. Not that Bokden would be so funny, but it seems that he's quite immune to their humor.

Wrong question, you should rather ask how much am I looking to MM5. +::clap
I expect nothing less than the best game of the whole serie from MM5. Great finish of the story, lots of good fights and some wicked plot twists (as usual :)). And I want to see how Bear will mop the floor with Merryll...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby blitzen » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 am

Indinera wrote:Done with the game? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this questionary, it will help me figure out how to make the next MMs even better game!

Marine setting fire to The Bear's house! Completely didn't expect that! I was horrified and laughing at the same time.

I am enjoying the story always, but I wish we had more background on Lord Dragon because he doesn't seem like such a bad guy. Why does he let so much bad things happen?

Marine was great as always. Love the back-and-forth with the Bear, that was lots of fun and showed how much determination and heart she has.

Seems like he has bad influences in his court keeping the real situation from him. Maybe he could turn out to be a good ruler after all?

Good, distinctive, a little loud at points.

The Rift and Firth and so on were pretty repetitive. A bit lazy.

The ending was fine, exactly what I expected, although after hearing about Mystrock for so long I was frustrated that we didn't have a chance to explore it a bit! I hope in the next chapter we can look around.

Very good character development is the key for me. I like games where the characters are fun and distinctive, and you do a great job with that. I also like the areas where you can wander around exploring for yourself (not enough in this chapter).

Piu Piu being useful! +::lol

Not nearly as good, sorry. It was very linear, with looooong boring areas to go through and hardly any areas to stop and explore/do sidequests/restock on healing items. Seemed like a placeholder to prepare for the next chapter. I bought it on Monday and finished on Saturday, a bit disappointing. Still miles better than most games out there, though.

Karine, except I wish she was a brunette. Love Marine's new haircut, though.

LOL! Who is going to say Suzuki??? For me, either Hirado or Abu, but Lord Dragon is better looking than either.

Bokden thinks he is funny but he's not. Marine doesn't think she is funny, but she is. Abu doesn't understand funny. +::Dunno

Of course! This is a great series of games, and if I am a little disappointed it is only because I have waited so long and this chapter was so short. This is still one of the best RPG games I have played (after Laxius Force and Aveyond) and totally worth the time and money.
blitzen
Bard

Postby linc » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Merline's race in Stalagmite Cave. She was awesome. I love fast charas

Very well built according to previous chapters.

She's more stubborn than ever

I think he's a pretty decent dude.

I keep the sound off most of the time

Very beautiful, specially the Grand Rift, great job!

I think it would be nice to train before the end...like in MM3 ( the library quest).

finding secret rooms +::lol

Claryssa. Pretty decent spells. Very ugly tough...

Yes, I did. I think MM4 is shorter

Karine for sure...Marine is too young...Jezabel is too fierce...Salome still looks like a fish...Claryssa...no comments +::biggrin

Hirado looks like women's fav...strong and silent...

Suzuki. He's older and has nice lines

Can't wait. Wish it would be released next week...I want to see Borgon's ass kicked.(just like Wendala did to Linda in LP 1)....a big boss fight between lord dragon and the Bear...Benoit x Merryl...Marine x mystrock females...find many treasures.... and an use for themistocles' letters and the order' seals from inventory. New spells for Piu-piu and Merline. Marine as the Queen of Mystrock
linc
Explorer

Postby Tyrellias » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 am

I have two:
1) When Marine is waiting for Bokden near the lighthouse at sunset. The music is perfect, this is among your best pieces of writing and the mood is set so well I thought it was hopeless... then Bokden appears like a hero and Marine is mad with joy. Great moment.

2) When Merline almost manage to win the race against the Bear. I was SURE I would win.

I thought the best part of the story in this installment was about Dragon, Borgon and the lords of Mystrock. We finally learnt who they were and how they think. And I just like how Borgon underestimates Benoit, a real powerhouse in hand-to-hand fights. He could almost beat The Bear at high level! Salome was pretty strong too. Beside that, only a few moments of the game felt truly great. Overall, MM3 had a better pace of storytelling because this one felt a bit rushed during some parts. For example, the arc with Claryssa was a bit weak and random compared to all of the work you put to introduce the Bear.

However I will fondly remember the first time I went through The Grand Rift. The action tells the story for the most part and this dungeon is, in my opinion, a masterpiece of 2D design.

She's... totally mad. But I love her kind of madness. It's full of spirit and kindness.

Like the sage said, he's a great ruler. Too bad most of his followers do not share his philosophy. Maybe his pride does not allow him to see that's why Mystrock is corrupted.

A few new ones... my favorite was the remixed one in Tabuthu and the Title screen. The old ones still pace the game very well.

Still professional level for all of the characters and the monsters are getting better and better.
I have to admit that I was impressed by the design of the worm in the sewers. The artwork is SWEEEEEET.

-I have a feeling Borgon will meet a tragic end... and that Lord Dragon is very hard to beat.

-The Grand Rift.
-The game is quite hard unless you train well.
-The animal kings are interesting.
-More tactical thinking is needed.

The good one was when Merline failed to best The Bear when I was sure she manage to outdo him.
Honestly, the bad one was the Flower quest... it's made in an annoying way and invite failure within the structure of this game.

MM3 is still the best Millenium game, followed by MM2 then MM4. BUT... the Grand Rift is one of your best creations... for jumping MM4 was the best game.

Jezabel or Salome

James or Benoit

Piu, because of Piupiu

-I look forward to the biggest installment in the series and for a game worthy of ALL of my expectations like LF3 was.
-I want to humiliate Merryl with Jezabel. Her hands have a taming side :P
-I want the showdown to be something different than only traditional fights. Maybe something along the lines of 13 differents challenges of martial arts including a traditional fight.
-I want to fight Borgon with Lord Dragon.
-I want to visit somewhere epic before the final show. Maybe another ancient temple.
-I want a part of the story to focus on Jezabel temporary betrayal.
Tyrellias
Mercenary

Next

Return to Millennium 4: Beyond Sunset - Help and Questions