Not everything can be dead-easy... +::Dunno
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Animal Kings

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 pm

That's not about easy or not though. It's just something you find out at a point when it's too late. You cannot even say, well, let's get back to a save before talking to Bear and walk all the way back to the Shoeking, because you CAN'T walk back there! So if you miss it you have to replay the Crest + the dinosaur fight + Ivory Cave + Stalagmite Cave. And it's totally unexpected because you could always get back to ALL the animal kings when they were too hard to beat at first. And the Shoeking certainly is VERY hard to beat. It cost me more Mandragores than any other fight in the entire series.
So for me that's not a matter about increasing the difficulty level but increasing the frustration level. There are so many things you can miss anyway in that game, so I just don't understand why an animal king has to be time sensitive.
Don't want to sound rude or so, but I've been really mad about this today.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:48 pm

+::O_o

It would be dead-easy with the Bear in the team though.
Maybe I can make it so that if you remove him from the team, the Shoeking fights you.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:58 am

Yes, that would be an option. Maybe the Bear just refuses to waste his time with something like that.

And just another question ...
Back when MM4 was released and everybody was so unhappy about not being able to return to the worldmap at the game's end to finish stuff, you said you might consider changing it. What became of that? Didn't you think any further about it or did you drop it for good?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 am

Well when I replayed it, I didn't see any problem. You do get on the worldmap just before going back to Green Grass.
The whole Green Grass + sewers sequence should be considered as the final big cut scene of the game. Finish everything you want to do before entering it, that's all.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Well, you know the game and know what needs done at what point.
I know the quests too by now, but I remember my first playthrough very well. I had missed quite some quests like for instance the hair potion thingy. I was still hoping to find something in the sewers and I was convinced that, like in all other games, I could go back afterwards. If I had had the possibility I would then certainly have talked to everyone again and that way I would eventually have figured that quest out.
Also if someone doesn't walk all the way back through the Grand Rift after the Crest he might easily miss the Androhorders and later it might be too late as you don't have Bear anymore to talk to them.
Also it would be great to have the entire group together in the end and get the chance to work on their bare hand levels.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:55 pm

I really can't do much about the last big sequence (Green Grass + Sewers) but I'll put a big warning that if you leave the worldmap you aren't returning. I would have sworn it was already there though. +::O_o +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm

No, I downloaded the latest version before replaying and she's heading directly to Green Grass without a word.
Maybe you haven't uploaded the latest version yet? I was a bit surprised because in MM3 there's already the new logo at the start, but in MM4 it isn't.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:40 pm

That's probably why... having a lot of games to keep track of is verging a bit on the complicated side... +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm

In my version Old Suzuki is still floating when walking to the right. Or left? Well just one side. +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:58 pm

he's not floating, he's sliding. On purpose. To economize (?) his back. +::lol 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Oooooooooooooooh, well then! Better let him slide to the other side too! +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Okay, I know I'm getting on your nerves and sorry for that, but I just finished the game and the final cutscene(s) are really veeeeeeeery long. Why not return to the worldmap after Lord Dragon reprimanded Borgon and then when walking into a cave or whatever as usual comes the final cutscene?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Oooooooooooooooh, well then! Better let him slide to the other side too! +::biggrin

He would but his leg articulation won't let him. At that kind of age you have to obey a bit more to your body... +::lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Okay, I know I'm getting on your nerves and sorry for that, but I just finished the game and the final cutscene(s) are really veeeeeeeery long. Why not return to the worldmap after Lord Dragon reprimanded Borgon and then when walking into a cave or whatever as usual comes the final cutscene?

The final cut scene is just Borgon and friends plotting, isn't it? Don't think it's particularly long... +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Millennium 4: Beyond Sunset - Help and Questions