Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sidequests

Re: Sidequests

Postby D-Squall » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:37 pm

AuntIggy wrote:Also, why is it that whenever anyone gives an opinion about one of Indy's games and it isn't something in the order of saying the game is perfect, that people have to come on and disqualify other peoples opinions?

I guess that in this part you're mentioning about me since I'm the only one here that aren't complaining about quests. I didn't disqualified other peoples' opinions, if you read my posts well, you'll see that what I said is also what ''I think'' which means that I was also giving my opinion. I won't stay quiet because of this if someone's wondering.
Last edited by D-Squall on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby dee0227 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25 pm

I agree with Aunt Iggy. This game is very linear. I have never liked playing games that only allowed you to do things one way or not at all. I understand that it may have had to be this way in order to follow the plot but it still feels like I have a guiding hand on my back nudging me along and telling me what direction to take at any given time. The guide is very comprehensive this time though and probably needed to be because without it you would never finish some of the quests or find some of the secret rooms. Of the people who bought the guide, how many played the game through the first time and completed all quests/found all secret rooms without using the guide. I'm sure not many.

Just my 2 cents
dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby debhi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 pm

I have the guide but did not use it the 1st two times I played and did not get all the secret rooms or quests. I normally play the 1st time around for the story anyway. (story and easy) The 3rd time I am playing for getting all the secret rooms and quests. Boy now I see why I did not get all the quests done........for example: I would of never thought to buy anti mosquito for the spider. But I also remember how hard of a time we had with the breaking of the mirror. That also was not logical. Thank goodness for the forum. :)
Spoiler: show

debhi
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby dee0227 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:00 am

I would of never thought to buy anti mosquito for the spider. But I also remember how hard of a time we had with the breaking of the mirror. That also was not logical.

Yes but with the mirror quest you had the whole game to figure it out. This time there was a time limit on figuring it out. If you didn't complete the quest before you went to the Grand Rift, Selena was gone when you went back. So you couldn't leave it until the end of the game to clear up.

dee0227
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby debhi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:06 am

Yes I agree.........I had just given a example of how I could not see the connection of the pimento to the mirror and only got that answer via the forum. So his side quests timed or not in my opinion have always driven me to the forum. I look for your helpful guides and tips. I replay and replay until I get all quests and secret rooms.
Spoiler: show

debhi
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby dee0227 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:13 am

I replay and replay until I get all quests and secret rooms.

I usually do too. I haven't restarted this one yet though. I will eventually.

dee0227
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:20 am

I agree with Aunt Iggy. This game is very linear. I have never liked playing games that only allowed you to do things one way or not at all. I understand that it may have had to be this way in order to follow the plot

Yup it was why. I'll see if I can find a way to alter it a bit while staying true to the plot. In that case I would tell you about the update - is it something you'd like to see?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 am

Yes but with the mirror quest you had the whole game to figure it out. This time there was a time limit on figuring it out. If you didn't complete the quest before you went to the Grand Rift, Selena was gone when you went back. So you couldn't leave it until the end of the game to clear up.

I'm pretty sure there has been quests like that in past Millennium games though. +::O_o
Also the broken mirror could be failed if you had used the pimento to boost your speed.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 am

It should be taken as positive criticism.

I read it like this. +::O_o
I always try to improve based on your feedback. :)

It's only that if I allow you to return to the main map, it will require me testing it so it won't be an instant update like fixing a glitch. I can do this although it's not the original story. But I gather that a game can digress to the story so let's see if I can do that. You won't be allowed to go to Grand Rift again though. That would be a bit mad, no?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby dee0227 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:30 am

Yup it was why. I'll see if I can find a way to alter it a bit while staying true to the plot. In that case I would tell you about the update - is it something you'd like to see?

Don't alter the game just on my say so. Like I said, it's Just my 2 cents. A lot of people are happy with it just as it is.

dee0227
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:41 am

Yup, also the story worked well with the content of the game.
But if it can be improved still, why not do that? For now I'm collecting feedback. ^^
People, remember the best place to leave an in-depth one is the Memories!
viewtopic.php?f=152&t=7106

:)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:37 am

I would say that MM4 is in many ways similar to LF2 - there were many quests in LF2 that could only be done in a very narrow time window and "chained" quests (I mean quest that had to be done in a specific order).
I've personally always liked this trickiness and complexity of LF, so don't mind MM becoming similar to LF, but it's true that it's definitively a change from previous MM games.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:25 am

Tomas wrote:I would say that MM4 is in many ways similar to LF2 - there were many quests in LF2 that could only be done in a very narrow time window and "chained" quests (I mean quest that had to be done in a specific order).
I've personally always liked this trickiness and complexity of LF, so don't mind MM becoming similar to LF, but it's true that it's definitively a change from previous MM games.

MM4 is also the bridge to MM5 like LF2 was to LF3.
MM1-2-3 could form a whole introduction with MM4 building on the suspense and MM5 hopefully being the big epic finale.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 am

In LF there have definitely been some quests that are responsible for some white hairs growing on my head now, lol. Yet there have also been loads of quests you could solve without help, so that at the end of each game you still felt that you had done a good job. Also in LF some quests couldn't be solved within a game and you could work on them in the next one. LF is just veeeeeeeeery huge and it's clear that without a walkthrough you miss a lot of things. But as I said, you can also accomplish a lot.
I agree that a few tricky quests are fun. The two MM quests that have been mentioned (mirror girl and Ju-Ju Temple) are good examples for that. But in this chapter there's just so much you can miss. If I counted correctly (and I think I did) there are only 3 sidequests that are not related to others - fixing the old woman's floor, the bottle quest and the Androhorders.
The Flower of the Depth quest even is the key to 4 more quests, so if you miss that one you miss 5 quests.
Indy always suggests to play a game without a walkthrough for the first time and then, to complete missed things, with the walkthrough the second time. Ususally I never listened to that advice, I always played with the walkthrough right away. This time I didn't and I missed more quests than I completed. I was disappointed, but then I got the ambition to make it better. I thought, that game is not that big, there are not sooooo many locations. I thought I can do it on my own. But I just couldn't. For me that's frustrating. I want a feeling of success at the end of the game, and not only for completing the main quest.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:55 am

But I wanted to try something new, ie have quests linked to each other. Here is why.
Maybe I should add a few easier ones to this game then. +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Millennium 4: Beyond Sunset - Help and Questions