Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Tried from scratch, rushed through the game...

Tried from scratch, rushed through the game...

Postby Tyrellias » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:34 pm

First, I want to say this is not my review of the game (I'll do it once I complete the game), but my impression after playing the game once on HARD mode and without importing.

-The game was hard. Probably the hardest Indinera game I played and it was thrilling. I have the habit to set the encounter rate to Provoke and I was already struggling at the beginning of the game because I lacked healing items. To give an idea... I had to use ALL my party members to survive until the end. The same thing happened in the Grand Rift once I lost Abu... and I had to set the encounter rate to a reasonable amount around half-way. I barely survived the ordeal.

The enemies in this game seems to always inflict status effects on HARD mode, so getting through without importing or grinding is a true challenge. I even struggled against the final boss... and lost against the Tyrano XD.

To be honest, my feeling at the end of the game was:
That's it?

The truth is I always rush through Indi games, so this feeling happen to me every time, but I am satisfied whenever I replay it and truly complete every part of the game. I have great confidence this will happen again once my MM3 savefile is ready (my last computer crashed). So, I will replay MM4 and I have great confidence I'll be truly satisfied.

Anyone interested to share your gaming experience in MM4?
Tyrellias
Mercenary

Re: Tried from scratch, rushed through the game...

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:59 pm

I loved hard mode too cuz indeed it's tough and challenging ^^ more than often you can use many different party members

Anyone interested to share your gaming experience in MM4?

i think some topics were posted on that matter, including the "famous" memories +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Tyrellias wrote:Anyone interested to share your gaming experience in MM4?

Ok, I will mention one thing here. My second playthrough of MM4 was with visible enemies and I felt there were too few fights, it was quite hard to reach lvl 6 with Bare Hands.
When playing with invisible anemies, most of my party reached lvl 6 quite easily, going through maps and fighting random battles was enough, but this time I only managed to do this for Marine and Salome and I even had to fight some of the respawning enemies repeatedly.

So I would say that the visible enemies are probably better option for easier modes, but I will definitively choose invisible ones for my next playthrough of MM4.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:18 am

I tend to prefer invisible myself because it is more "surprising" (as in, unexpected) once you know the game well.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Millennium 4: Beyond Sunset - Help and Questions