Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius vs Millennium

Laxius vs Millennium

Postby shadow » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 am

Which Series do you like more:
1) Laxius Power Series
2) Laxius Force Series
3) Millennium Series

PS:My order is Laxius Force Series at first place and other two at seccond place(lp3 was biggest game i have ever played)
"And Then There Were None"
shadow
Explorer

Re: Laxius vs Millennium

Postby Tomas » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm

There were already similar topics something like two years ago, but when I repeat what I wrote back then, it's basically an unfair comparison.
I mean, no matter how good MM is, LF is just too epic to be beaten. As for the LPs, my view of them might be biased (they drew me to this type of games), but LP3 is still only surpassed by LF3.
Let's wait what MM5 will be like, anyway, the finales have always the potential to be the best of the series.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 pm

LF series and the MM series is indeed one of the best games that I've played in my entire life. Sometimes I think that one is better than the other but other time I change my opinion, still I think I'll never decide which is one is the best.

About the Laxius Power, it wasn't my first RPG like it was for Tomas, but I fell in love for those games because they provided what games like nowadays FFs and others couldn't. Lots of quests, cool characters interactions, a plot full of twists, the most excting and tragic situations (SankT Leona Tournament +::biggrin , Leona's Death, the amazing 3 Dazzer at LP3). All that I said.

TO finish, I think that the MM and LF series are in the same level. The LP series comes in second, but just a tiny little bit behind.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby briony » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm

I totally agree with you both - I loved MM series but did not think I would like LF but then I started to play LF1 got so engrossed with it that I had to go back and get the LP series then got LF series so it would be very hard to distinguish which of these would be the best so I will say all of these games have so much to offer the player+:: +::Thumbup
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 am

I'm an MM gal. Although I truly admire LF and think it's an amazing game, I just never connected with it the way I connected with MM.
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby sunfluer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:33 am

Millennium Series for me +::biggrin
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby littlebro » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 am

In this order:
LF
LP
MM

Having said that, LP3 beats LF2. However, taken as a series overall, LF wins it.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Aggeliki » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:10 pm

LP
LF
MM

i am a classic fan!Lp3 beats Lf3 imo..MMs are a totally different thing..different feeling and gameplay..but what can i say ?i still prefer the other 2! +:oops:
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby clear » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:55 pm

1.LF
2.MM
3.LP
clear
Adventurer

Postby flavie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:47 pm

I never played Laxius Power cos I didn't know of these games. I prefer Millennium cos there's much less to think of (side-quests and all those guilds!) I like secret rooms and animal kings even missing some secret rooms.

Though I really like all the landscapes and cities we meet in LF except the nightmarish moments of LF 1 underwater, that trial at LF2.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby rulezz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Played laxius power fully, LF(1 and 2 for now), tried millenium demo(not buying for now at least)

LP is the win no matter how you look at it, hands down.
Balance is 5(greatly balanced, all chars have their use, no one is overpowered, unless you equip someone a strong relic, which makes any character overpowered for as long as you wield a relic with him/her)
Progress speed is 5+(the pace was perfect - I didn't need to grind boringly, and it didn't rush too much, never made me stuck staying on 1 place too)
Maturity is 5(one of the most mature RPGs in rpgmaker, only a few good rpgmaker games compare to that... also it was good that game wasn't relying solely on adult themes, it had it, but it was only a part of the engine so to tell)
Story is 3+ till 5 (varying, depending on the part of the game it may get less interesting, but then come back up due to help of some twists, which could deserve a 5+ too)
Side quests are not rushed and at the very least rewarding + secrets are totally worth it.

PS: I don't count graphics, because the engines are simply different(and I actually prefer the old rpg maker style, I disliked most games made with new one for some reason, seems less mature and more 'fairy taleish')
About sound.. well, sound may be better in new games, but in the moments of need(
Spoiler: show
leona's death for example
- music was realy matching for the situation even in LP)

Now let's continue to LF(which I beat 1 and 2 as of now) -
Balance.. 3+-4(poor balance - lots of useless chars, some are quite overpowered and I don't even consider random/sarah/luci, since they are supposed to be overly strong, considering how much progress they made since LP1 - but making some 'random side chars' who were never ever mentioned in laxius story and giving them hax powers comparable to random and at some aspect even better is a bit wrong o-o)
Progress speed is 4(pretty good, unless you count pointless secrets, which I will explain a bit later)
Maturity is 3-(maybe even 2, considering how it dropped from LP series.. I realy expected LF series to become even more bloody, more 'adultish', brutal, considering how we saw the maturity progress in LP1-3, LP 1 had some bloody scenes, LP 2 had some bloody + adult scenes, LP3 had some realy gorish scenes)
PS: I don't ask for lax team to the rescue kind of maturity, but at least keeping it 16+ or so would be pretty good.
Story is 3 till 4(good continuation of LP series, but seems more like a 'filler' episodes, didn't finish the LF3 yet, but that grand commander stuff seems a bit childish compared to what quests random already got through, what losses he had, etc... Grand commander totally seems like a comical villain IMO.. it's more like I am playing some parody/comedy game..
Unless LF3 will develop into something much more amazing than 1 and 2, I will stay with opinion that laxius series should have ended with LP3)
And the worst of all in LF series - side quests + secrets(99% of them are totally not worth it, grinding monsters for 5 minutes seems better than completing a side quest which requires 10+ minutes of walking.. secrets, unless you count a few specific items - totally useless, with most having some consumables you can again grind out faster)
Basically in LF I only did the side quests for the sake of myself being completionist + some(10% or so) actually had some interesting plot to them or pretty good comical dialogues.
Also LF plot is much more predictable than LP(which is kinda bad, when you reach the twist and think 'finally it happened' and not 'wow, so that's how it turns out to be' - this is arguable, since I have much more experience in gaming right now, compared to how it was when I was playing LP series... so that may be it, but I stay with my opinion anyway o-o)

OHHHH and the most important, which realy touched me the most - CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!(LP 1 till 3 you really saw how both physically and mentally random + co developed, you saw growth, you saw them living through some adultish problems for the first time, each character had his interests/hobbies, which also changed a bit...
And after that comes LF and oh... my.. seems like they all lost memory and forgot big part of their development or someone put the main characters through a time machine to make them a few years younger mentally. Just compare how maturely decisions are made in LP3, even despite some mistakes, it was all realy logical... in LF, I just found some solutions story wise to be realy childish, and only from time to time you saw some of the characters personality coming up, and most of those moments were actually comical, which is ironic)

Now for millenium(which I tried demo, so won't even start to judge it here, but will simply describe what I saw a bit):
Can't judge the balance/story/progress, but maturity seems on even lower level then LF(which is bad, unless you are realy young, but young auditory doesn't buy games, so what's the point of keeping it so childish? Oo), basically when I saw the millenium it really reminded me of Aveyond:
1) Possible to predict every step that is coming, none of the twists are realy surprising - check.
2) Not a single blood/curse word/adult theme was thrown/touched - check.
3) The plot start/idea is overly cliched and/or generic(gather something neccessary to kill big baddy - kill him, simple as that) - check.
rulezz
Peasant

Postby littlebro » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:23 pm

I have no problem with your reasoning for preferring one game/series over another. However, I think that judging a whole game on just what you see in a demo can lead to some serious misunderstanding/misrepresentations. You wrote

1) Possible to predict every step that is coming, none of the twists are realy surprising - check.
2) Not a single blood/curse word/adult theme was thrown/touched - check.
3) The plot start/idea is overly cliched and/or generic(gather something neccessary to kill big baddy - kill him, simple as that) - check.

I have a head start in that I did the proofreading for this game and, believe me, there are plenty of twists in store.
As for the plot idea being overly cliched, having played a couple of hundred rpgs both commercial and free, I can honestly say that I have not come across this particular plot line anywhere else. Also you have drawn a totally inaccurate conclusion about the plot line when you say it is "(gather something neccessary to kill big baddy - kill him, simple as that) - check." Nothing could be further from the reality. Those who have played the earlier episodes will know how far from the actual plot line that summary/assumption is.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 am

IMO LF is 10 times better than LP story and character wise. As simple as that.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:10 am

but young auditory doesn't buy games, so what's the point of keeping it so childish?

errrr do you have any ideas how many copies MM sold?? +::O_o
It's my best-seller by far along with LF.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:56 am

rulezz: LP is hard to beat and it will always have a special place in my heart. But for me, LF3 has imo bested even LP3.
I agree with one thing, though - LP was more "naughty" and "sexually offensive". I also understand that this kind of humor is only attractive to a very small part of the player base (just look at the comments about Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals, some people really didn't like the jokes) and it isn't really an option for a commercial game.

And I can assure you about one thing. After all these years and so many games released, Indi still has his creativity and ability to surprise. Btw, from all of his games, TBOL is probably closest to the original LP - so maybe you could give it a try.
Tomas
Ranger

Next

Return to Millennium 4: Beyond Sunset - Help and Questions