Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Elements: Soul of Fire

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby feyone2 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi Jeremy, I'm in Faust's house and I've been told to use someone such as Enzo with the crozier, only trouble is he's not leveled up much as I've been using other characters. Can I use someone else like Jessica? Also, after reading previous comments on the forum about beating Faust, I'm worried as I didn't go to see Methusela (or even find him) so should I now go back to an earlier save?
There are a few things that I've missed in West Behgar - I didn't fight the demon in the pit of fire before Boaz got the Diamond. Is that a problem?
I'm hanging in there as I want to finish it!!!!! :)
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:54 pm

I have found Excalibur, but cannot manage to beat its guardian. Does anyone have any tips? What level do you need to be? What spells work best?

My current party: Leonardo, the Sage (for his Light spells), Maximus (for his Charge spell), and the Ninja.

I've managed to kill off his two helpers several times, but they keep respawning. I really want this sword!
blitzen
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:11 pm

pretzl wrote:Hi Jeremy

I really love this game. I will give complete feedback when I have finished.Given the amount of time and effort and talent you have put in it is the very least I can do.
Hope you are working on another game.

Thank you very much, Pretzl. I look forward to it! :) And yes, I am indeed working on my next game. Please be patient! ;)

feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy, I'm in Faust's house and I've been told to use someone such as Enzo with the crozier, only trouble is he's not leveled up much as I've been using other characters. Can I use someone else like Jessica? Also, after reading previous comments on the forum about beating Faust, I'm worried as I didn't go to see Methusela (or even find him) so should I now go back to an earlier save?
There are a few things that I've missed in West Behgar - I didn't fight the demon in the pit of fire before Boaz got the Diamond. Is that a problem?
I'm hanging in there as I want to finish it!!!!! :)

Only Ezra can use the Crosier. Provided you can keep him alive, you can level him up in Faust's house. After the Gatekeeper, there is a healing point, so you don't have to worry about running out of items. If you have a previous save that isn't too far back, you could revert to it to get the ultimate skills from Methuselah, but if it's too much of an inconvenience, I wouldn't worry about it. However, I would go and get them once you get out of Faust's house.

Saruma (the demon in the pit of fire) is an optional boss. You can go back and fight him at any time. It's probably better to wait until near the end of the game, when you have all the best equipment and such.

blitzen wrote:I have found Excalibur, but cannot manage to beat its guardian. Does anyone have any tips? What level do you need to be? What spells work best?

My current party: Leonardo, the Sage (for his Light spells), Maximus (for his Charge spell), and the Ninja.

I've managed to kill off his two helpers several times, but they keep respawning. I really want this sword!

That's actually a great setup. Nidhoggr's Revenge (the boss that guards Excalibur) is weak to Light, Ice, and Thunder magic (if you have weapons with these elemental attributes as well, they should also be effective). He's Reptile/Demon, so he's weak to swords, katanas, and staves (but realistically, staves won't be doing much physical damage to him; however, if you have a stronger weapon that is effective on demons, such as Maximus' Ogre Axe, which is available to buy in Endoria before you complete the Cave of Destiny, it may help). If Jessica knows Empowering Force, that will help increase your damage.

It might be best to focus on Nidhoggr himself, rather than his minions. However, they can be killed by Death Tags and Karma's instant death spells ("Liberation," learned by defeating Osiris, targets all enemies). They respawn every four turns until Nidhoggr is defeated.
Last edited by soulcatapult on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 pm

+::kiss many thanks again Jeremy!
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Feyone2: You're welcome, and good luck finishing the game! :) You know where to come if you need more help.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire water maze in Triton's Tower

Postby cherye » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:32 am

I have tried & tried to get thru the water maze in Triton's Tower with Ondine (Merrow Warrior). Can anyone help me, please.
Cherye
cherye
Wanderer

Postby blitzen » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 am

Yes! I did it! I got Excalibur!Thanks for the tips, Jeremy! +::YAY

And now I have to make a choice...hmm...
blitzen
Bard

Postby blitzen » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 am

cherye wrote:I have tried & tried to get thru the water maze in Triton's Tower with Ondine (Merrow Warrior). Can anyone help me, please.
Cherye

I found this one really tough as well. You basically just have to do it enough times that you memorize the sequence of when to go right or left. Write yourself a cheat sheet if you have to, you know, R-R-L-R-L-L.

(Jeremy, a suggestion for future games--it might be better to allow a save option after completing each stage of a challenge like this instead of having to start at the beginning every time. It can be very discouraging for people with slower reflexes!)
blitzen
Bard

Postby cherye » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:23 am

blitzen wrote:
cherye wrote:I have tried & tried to get thru the water maze in Triton's Tower with Ondine (Merrow Warrior). Can anyone help me, please.
Cherye

I found this one really tough as well. You basically just have to do it enough times that you memorize the sequence of when to go right or left. Write yourself a cheat sheet if you have to, you know, R-R-L-R-L-L.

(Jeremy, a suggestion for future games--it might be better to allow a save option after completing each stage of a challenge like this instead of having to start at the beginning every time. It can be very discouraging for people with slower reflexes!)

Thank you blitzen, I finally made it.
Cherye
cherye
Wanderer

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire lost after kiwa

Postby cherye » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:37 am

Cannot figure out where to go after killing Kiwa. Can anyone help? Please.
Cherye
cherye
Wanderer

Postby feyone2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 am

Hi Jeremy, a silly question: but how can I defeat the star to get the key to Faust's gatekeeper. I've had no luck so far! +::cry

@cherye: Ask Chibi in party ball. I can't remember if it was Mesomia or Behgar.
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy, a silly question: but how can I defeat the star to get the key to Faust's gatekeeper. I've had no luck so far! +::cry

If you mean the little spirit you have to chase, you have to corner it (don't approach it from the edge of the room; alternate your steps to approach it at an angle). It isn't easy because of the tiles that warp you to the previous room, but you can do it!
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Re: Elements: Soul of Fire lost after kiwa

Postby cherye » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:05 am

cherye wrote:Cannot figure out where to go after killing Kiwa. Can anyone help? Please.
Cherye

Never mind, I figured it out.
cherye
Wanderer

Re: Aquarius Castle key

Postby briony » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:25 am

I have defeated Kiwa - have no neptune but I have a aquarius castle key but I do not know what I am to do with it- help please
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby soulcatapult » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:14 am

Briony:
Spoiler: show
Because you no longer can use Neptune, you can't use the key to open the locked door in Aquarius Castle. However, what was locked behind the door can now be found in Hazel Village. Talk to the man by the pond where Ondine recovered. You will need to give the man a Bow of Sagittarius to get the item. You can obtain this bow by defeating enough Dark Knights within the shrine in the Bog of Styx on Hobo Island (where you played as Boaz alone and saved Erin from Cerberus).
soulcatapult
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers