Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celia's Quest

Celia's Quest

Postby Indinera » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:31 am

CELIA'S QUEST

$9.99 only!!

Image Image

This is the first game of Duckvalley Productions. The game also comes with a well-detailed instructions manual:
http://www.aldorlea.com/Games_Affiliate ... Manual.pdf

SUMMARY:

This is a story of a beginning. This is a story of a girl's journey to save her friend, prove herself, and maybe kick some bandit butt while doing so. This is the story of the birth of a heroine the world has never seen before. This is the story of Celia's first quest.

Not long after Celia leaves her home to go on an adventure (and maybe, just maybe, to avoid getting married to Ced the creep) she finds herself in the village of Villageville, where she meets another runaway. Just as they are deciding to go search for adventure together, a group of remarkably rude bandits show up and kidnap Celia's new friend! Now it's up to Celia to save her friend, prove herself to the villagers in Villageville, and beat up all kinds of strange creatures living in the Valley.

Brawl, bomb and magic your way through hordes of enemies ranging from the almost-peaceful Angry Shrooms to the devastating Dragon Dragon! Meet new friends and companions like Guy the almighty fairy, an old man that's absolutely not a retired hero, pirates, bandits and an immortal mouth in a jar! Beat up monsters until they cry and turn those tears into potions! The possibilities aren't exactly endless, but there's a lot of them! Go forth, and above all else, please enjoy Celia's Quest!

FEATURES:

Freely allocate attributes and skills through different mentors spread throughout the Valley
No grinding for levels! Power up through exploration and defeating special enemies, no need for experience or levelups
More than 80 skills and upgrades to choose from, spread over 6 skill types. Mix and match to find your own way to defeat your enemies
10 dungeons, countless secrets and puzzles, hidden world bosses all in a huge world to explore and enjoy
New Game Plus lets you carry over most skills and achievements, letting you fight even tougher foes, some with a dark secret past
Multiple endings depending on secrets found and friendship bonds created, changing the outcome of the game
A unique take on the classic JRPG battle style. Let Celia unleash a barrage of attacks, and adapt on the fly
15+ hours of gameplay per playthrough, with multiple possible paths and strategies
Become a mighty Swashbuckler, learn how to use the art of Punching, or imbue machinery with Magic

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Celia's Quest

Postby Celia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Thank you so much for helping out with getting my game out there! Anyway, if anyone has questions, feedback or wants gameplay advice, just write something to me either here or send me an e-mail, and I'll respond as fast as I can.
Comments? Concerns? Questions? Feedback? Send me a message on here
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Bluerose » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:41 am

I am in Slug Village and I need help on what answers I give to Sluggo. It seems that no matter what I pick, he will say that I am too powerful.

Also will there be a guide or walk through?
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Celia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:58 am

Helly Bluerose! Sluggo always lies, and always reads your answers as lies as well. Try telling him you absolutely don't want to fight or be there.

As for a guide or walkthrough, I've got none planned as a large part of the game is exploration rather than it being story driven. If there's a high demand for it I could write up a minimalist walkthrough of dungeons and temples, I guess.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:10 am

I had a go at the demo and really enjoyed the game. The graphics are a little different - like them a lot - and the colours are really nicely done. I also like the way Celia's facial expressions change when she talks.

I wish there was a journal though, so I can look up the quests. Didn't like that I couldn't access my inventory while in a battle, and died once, because I couldn't get to a healing potion.

And my first sword is so far useless, because I didn't have a token or whatever I needed, to get a sword spell from the old man. I was only able to use the punch, which meant I took longer than necessary to kill the first enemies. *sigh* Otherwise, like it a lot. :)
Last edited by Valdy on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks for the feedback, Vald! I'll try to go over your points one by one...

Great that you like the graphics. I'd never tried making my own graphics before Celia's Quest, so it's nice to hear people do enjoy them. I tried to go for something colourful and fun to look at rather than realism.

Have you tried talking to Guy? He can tell you what part of the main quest you're on, and generally has some advice for the area you're at as well! The game isn't exactly quest driven, but rather rewards the players themselves for exploring and solving puzzles, but Guy does give you some handy advice about what to do next or how to find some hidden goodies.

You can access your healing potions through the Brawl menu in battle. Chugging a potion does have an internal cooldown though, meaning they can't be spammed, so use them carefully! ...Or whenever they're up, if you have enough potions for that.

The sword isn't useless, it has a chance to bleed enemies when you use any Brawl-based attack. But yes, it's not exactly powerful. Gear in the game don't really operate the same way as in most RPGs, they take a more supportive role in Celia's Quest, giving you minor boosts to further define your strengths or cover your weaknesses.

Unfortunately you're limited to just Punch, Icky Bombs and Disappointing Spark for the first short part of the game, before you beat either the Slug Village or the Unkempt Garden, where you find your first Skill Point. After that you can start creating your own build, just in time for you to have figured out the basics of battle!
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks very much for the quick reply, Celia.

No, I didn't realise that Guy would tell me what my quests are. And yes, I did use the red potions while in battle mode. However, when I gave Guy some tears and he gave me 100% health, I am pretty sure I also asked him to refill my 3 bottles, but I wasn't able to use those bottles in my next battle. At least, I think I had them refilled... LOL
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:39 am

Refilling bottles costs a potion token. You can always refill them for free in the church in town, though! The system is fairly hard to grasp at first since it differs a lot from most traditional RPGs. I'd say it's more Zelda'esque than Dragon Quest'esque like most RPG Maker games are. But once you get a hang of it I think you'll really enjoy creating your own skill and stat setup to kick some bandit butt!
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:47 am

Oh, of course. I did get a potion token, and yes, was told I could refill my bottles with it. Duh !! Thanks very much for the reply.

And thank you for the User Manual. The Skill Descriptions are very daunting. Lots and lots of different things to know. But I am not going to remember them all nor do I want to learn them by heart. I will just see what works best by trial and error. :)

Thanks again for making this - very different and unique - game. I am a Zelda fan. Used to play it and many similar games all those years ago.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Celia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:00 am

You're welcome! The skill descriptions in the manual were added so that players, if they want, can plan their builds beforehand knowing exactly what all the skills will do. Honestly, you can easily get by with just ingame descriptions as long as you're not playing on Hardcore mode.
Last edited by Celia on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Valdy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 am

Oh no... never hardcore. I always play in Easy mode. Am not that much into the fighting scenes to begin with. And the fewer choices for the battles the better - for me. I love RPGs for all the things you can do, but don't care for too many battles. And I am glad to see that, once I have cleared out a section, they don't respawn. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby watts712 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:55 pm

I just bought the game but I don't see the manual.. How do I get the manual??
watts712
Bard

Postby Celia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 pm

The link is in the first post here, you should be able to both read and download it from there.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby watts712 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Thank you I had overlooked it...BTW I really like the game. so far..GREAT JOB!!!!
watts712
Bard

Postby Bluerose » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Thank you for the help on Slug Village. I am now having trouble with the firey cave in trial of strength. Yes, I do have the shield to protect me, but a map of the cave would help. I really do not know what to do in that cave., I get to a chest and die.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Next

Return to Games from other Developers