Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Potential couples?

Potential couples?

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

So on one side we have:
Benoit - Hirado - Abu - Jack - James - Wolfgang - Bokden - The Bear - Old Suzuki
And on the other side:
Marine - Karine - Jezabel - Salome - Mom

Do you see any potential couples? Any love interests? :) +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Potential couples?

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am

Marine + Bokden (but I still haven't gave up on Marine + Lord Dragon).
Salome + The Bear.
If it wasn't for the age difference, I would say Karine + Benoit.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 am

Salome + The Bear.
If it wasn't for the age difference, I would say Karine + Benoit.

Could you develop those two? :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Madmar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:45 pm

OK, here I go.
Marine and Bokden is a possible. Like a lot of others I would like to see her with Lord Dragon but he may already be taken. He did breakfast with Lady May after all. Marine is pretty young so she may remain free and Bokden, too, so he roam other Indy games in the future

Salome and Hirado, they are both very spiritual.

Maybe Jezebel will "tame" the Bear if she doesn't betray the others.

Abu and Karine since they are both from the swamps.

I think Jack and James are ideally suited to each other. I can't see either of them settling down with anyone and they will continue on their merry way swilling beer and returning to their slacker ways.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Indinera wrote:Could you develop those two? :)

Salome and The Bear seems to be quite the opposite to me. Salome is calm and relies on her spells, she's physically not as strong as Karine, for example. The Bear is furious and very strong. That's why I mentioned them.

Karine and Benoit - it's more complicated to explain, but I'll try.
As I understand Karine a Benoit's characters from all the MM games, Benoit is (mentally) strong and tenacious, although he doesn't seem to be like this at first sight, and I believe these are traits Karine would appreciate.
On the other hand, Benoit is also a bit too cautious, so he needs someone to make him to try things he would normally not do. And that's exactly what Karine can do - she won't let Benoit hold back (just as Marine, but Marine might be a bit too reckless for Benoit's taste ), yet she doesn't try to humiliate him as for example Jezabel.

So in way they complement each other, that's why I could imagine them as a couple (if it wasn't for the age difference, obviously).
Tomas
Ranger

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 am

Indinera wrote:Do you see any potential couples? Any love interests? :) +::wizard

...do we see couples? Gosh, Indy, I don't think any of us have considered anything like that!!!
:razz: :razz: :razz:

Okay, Sentimental Me wants to say it's Marine and Dragon, but Ticked-Off Me wants her to kick his butt in the trials.
(BTW, I've been assuming all along that it's one of ours vs one of theirs, then another one of ours and another one of theirs through 13 individual sets of battles; and I'm getting the impression from the conversations with the Mystrock team that you've got something else in mind?) I do keep thinking about the intro, waaaaay back in MM1, when the mother is telling her daughter about how things came to be the way they "are" in Mystrock, and it involved a "young girl." (Technically, that's a spoiler, isn't it? ;) ) In any case, the explanation appeared to only involve Marine's efforts, which initially made me think she'd be the only one held up as the Savior of Myst. But now, given the response of Dragon and the Sage, I just wonder...

Benoit has grown up so much that I'd like Karine to acknowledge it and... maybe change her mind about him? I know they compliment each other well in battle; maybe it could be more?

I agree that Hirado and Salome are spiritual equals, but he's Mountain Dude, and she's Ocean Girl, and that's just a recipe for trouble.

The Wise Sage, or someone equally knowledgeable, needs to figure out how to reverse Mom's spell so she can truly be united with the girls' Dad. Period.

All along, the vibes from the party have been some version of: 1) open respect and love, 2) grudging respect and platonic acknowledgement, 3) "get me through this quickly before I strangle you in your sleep," 4) "you have NOT brought sexy back so shut UP," or 5) "PIU-PIU!!!" I love these characters, and I, very personally speaking, don't need any of them to "wind up" with anyone in order for the story to reach a satisfactory conclusion. By that I mean, please don't pair them off because you think you "should." Single ain't bad, if we're speaking of romantic relationships.

But I DO insist that they are, in some form or fashion, friends in the end. And they can spar as they have done (and BEAUTIFULLY so), and the gals can continue to heap (COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED) abuse on my boyz JackandJames, but the bonds they've formed (and, as a player, I've formed with all of them), are special. Those bonds HAVE to remain, no matter what.

Indy, I'm now posting a new topic with the question I've always wondered about, but was afraid to ask...
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:36 am

Thanks for your replies everyone, I enjoyed reading your opinions and theories.

I hope MM5 will surprise you and satisfy you when it comes out +::lol

By that I mean, please don't pair them off because you think you "should." Single ain't bad, if we're speaking of romantic relationships.

Oh, I won't do that. No worries. ^^
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:18 am

My turn.

Marine and Bokden.

Reason: Marine never gives up and is doing everything to change the course of things, she always reach her goes and always have hope, now for Bokden, even if in the begining he hesitated to join Marine in the end he joined and helped her and he has being in the entire world walking and all and he likes his freedom, his spirit is like Marine's, I mean... by doing what he want whenever he wants and no one is going to stop him, like when Marine was searching for her warriors.

Karine and Abu

Reason: It's a bit obvious, their origins are similar, they both were born in swamps (Karine was born in a swamp village, but whatever) they had a bit of interaction in Millennium 3 and they never argue, so I think they would be perfect together.

Salome and Hirado

Reason: Like milady madmar said before, they are both spiritual. Salome looks like a calm woman that is annoyed only by one of Jack and James' silly comments, she said that she likes the ocean before entering the Grand Rift, maybe she would help Hirado write some of his poetry lol. And Salome calm the way she is, Hirado would live happily ever after with her. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 pm

mlady said
The Wise Sage, or someone equally knowledgeable, needs to figure out how to reverse Mom's spell so she can truly be united with the girls' Dad. Period.

I don't see it having a fairy tale ending like that, and it still leaves the dilemma of how the heck is Suzuki going to factor in the final 13 showdown? I'm all for gray power, but this just isn't going to work. One strong whiff, doesn't even need to contact made, and Suzuki's going to be wailing on the ground: "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" Originally I had thought that Suzuki was Stanislas' father, but now I'm thinking he's Clarissa's father. That gives Clarissa and Suzuki a close bond. So.... In order to reverse the curse, Clarissa makes a bargain, she gives up immortality in exchange for one day of youth which she gifts to Suzuki. Suzuki returns to his former glory as a martial arts expert without having to worry about falling and fracturing his hip. End of battle, Clarissa is seen in her former, beautiful image, she gets a chance to say goodbye to her beloved family and then it's swan song time. That's the way I see it. No doubt Indy has already developed a much more satisfying ending. ;)

I like Jezabel. She's real. I think she can be counted upon. Jezabel, up until a few short weeks (MM time of course) has lived a very simple life. Her only dream was to tame animals, in particular her treasured griffin. She endured losses of family and friends to the appetites of spider-babies and starvation. Where is her foundation for optimism? Marine gave her the chance to pursue her one goal, retrieve her lost griffin. In return, Jezabel pledged allegiance to Marine. Unfortunately, it was for all for naught as Jezabel had to part ways with her bgf (best griffin friend) for good. But she stayed with Marine. And what is her role in all this? She's asked to tame wild beasts, something that has always given her pleasure, so her new friends can slaughter them. Whoa! And you don't think this is seriously damaging Jezabel's karma? But she continues to do so because she's got too much invested now to do otherwise. And, truly, it does look like Marine has a chance of succeeding and when that happens, Jezabel can return to her life of communing with animals rather than slaying them, and perhaps to a better and more prosperous life for her family and friends. So far, it's only a promise, but it's all Jezabel's got right now.

And, then what happens? Marine suddenly demonstrates an attraction for 'bad boys.' No one seems to mind when Benoit questions Bokden's motives. No one seems to mind when Karine wonders whether Bokden can be relied upon or whether he simple turns tail and vanishes again. But Jezabel questions whether love struck Marine can really pull this off or has this all been a wild goose chase and for what? Jezabel isn't even going to have any money to bring home to help out her starving family and friends when the whole plan fizzles and she rants "You're not even paying me!" And who jumps all over her? 'Perfect Karine.' Karine who continues to do what she's been doing all her life -- slaughtering wild animals. Karine didn't change her life. Karine's life got better. Not only did she gain worldwide fame for killing the killer croc and saving her village from further torment and destruction, but now she gets to show off how she can rid the world of all kinds of killer beasts. Now, make no mistake, Karine is one heck of a fighter and she's always in my 'goto' party when things get tough, but sometimes it's good ol' Jezabel who has to first tame that beast before Karine can get a good shot in. And has Karine ever said, "Hey, thanks Jezabel. You're a pal." Not on your life!

So I truly like Jezabel. I think she'll be one fierce competitor because she does have all this pent up anger and frustration. I think she'll recognize that it was the 'evil Mystrock group' who are ultimately responsible for making her turn against her animal friends and she'll unleash her rash in the final showdown, avenging all those animals killed along the way.

I also like the bantering between Jack and Jezabel. Not so much James. Unlike those who think similarities make for good romance, I'm a firm believer in opposites attracting. I think Jack is a diamond in the rough and Jezabel is just the gal for faceting and polishing that gem. I think Jack will mature and realize his full potential in this relationship. Or, maybe I just read too many Nora Roberts novels. ;)

James is a confirmed bachelor and way too lazy to either pursue or be pursued.

Just the way I see things. Your mileage may vary . . .
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Lady JJ wrote:So.... In order to reverse the curse, Clarissa makes a bargain, she gives up immortality in exchange for one day of youth which she gifts to Suzuki. Suzuki returns to his former glory as a martial arts expert without having to worry about falling and fracturing his hip. End of battle, Clarissa is seen in her former, beautiful image, she gets a chance to say goodbye to her beloved family and then it's swan song time. That's the way I see it. No doubt Indy has already developed a much more satisfying ending. ;)

I actually REALLY like that... +::clap
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby mipanda » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:54 am

I would LOVE to see marine with dragon like almost every other player xD but since that is unlikely to happen then Marina and Bokden!! They're just too cut :D maybe a love triangle with jack though marine has no feelings whatsoever for him hehe and if marine and bokden end up, in the future if we see bokden, he could mention something about her +::YAY that would be cute!

Karine x Abu (swamps go together!) i would so have said benoit but the age difference is a bit much xD

Salome x Hirado! haha this would be funny!

Jezable x James (double J!!) poor james will be in for this one with the whip xD
♥Lucky is the Boy who is his Girl's First Love, and Lucky is a Girl who is her Boy's Last One ... do you agree? ♥
mipanda
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:57 am

some WILD theories there!
and quite an awesome read for me, thanks all! :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ninaboo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 am

Marine and Dragon - yes
Benoit and Karine - definitely
Quite like the thought of Salome and Abu.
I think Hirado is a bit too... um... spiritual... to be interested in anyone, really.

But what I'd really like to see is Jezzy with James. She'd sort him out in no time!
"JAMES! (cracks whip) STOP FLIRTING WITH THE NEIGHBOURS AND MOW THE LAWN!"
You may have met me elsewhere as SeverineSnape!
Ninaboo
Bard

Postby Tomas » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:10 am

Ninaboo wrote:"JAMES! (cracks whip) STOP FLIRTING WITH THE NEIGHBOURS AND MOW THE LAWN!"

Hahaha, poor James! +::biggrin
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:14 am

Ninaboo wrote:Marine and Dragon - yes
Benoit and Karine - definitely
Quite like the thought of Salome and Abu.
I think Hirado is a bit too... um... spiritual... to be interested in anyone, really.

But what I'd really like to see is Jezzy with James. She'd sort him out in no time!
"JAMES! (cracks whip) STOP FLIRTING WITH THE NEIGHBOURS AND MOW THE LAWN!"

you should develop!! +::wizard +::wizard +::wizard
especially marine and dragon, just "yes", but why yes?

kinda same for the others, to be fair! develop,pls! +::clap
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Millennium 4 - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)