Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

What do Indy and JK Rowling Have in Common?

What do Indy and JK Rowling Have in Common?

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:42 am

JK Rowling has interviewed that she wrote the conclusion for the last Harry Potter novel very shortly after she began writing "Philosopher's Stone." Alan Rickman benefited from her foresight as she told him during filming that Snape had a different motive for his behavior than anyone could have imagined. (I won't finish that thought, lest I ruin anyone's Deathly Hallows Pt 2 experience ;) )

In other words, she knew where everything was going from the start.

So, Indy. As I responded to the Couples thread, I was reminded of the MM1 intro wherein the mother tells the daughter the story of how Myst/Mystrock came to be what it is, and that it was thanks to the efforts of a young girl.

This suggests to me you've always known where this story was going to go in a "big picture" sort of way. But given the questions you've asked on this forum, your acknowlegdement of concerns, and your encouragement of the Memories topics (which is really pretty exciting, and also makes me wonder how often Titaness posts deposits to your secret Swiss bank accounts ;) ), it does seem like you change things on the fly, as much as anyone can given how long it takes to create these games. But you respond to us, and we get to see the results of our exchanges with you. I really love that. :)

My question, then, is this: how much of where we're going now was always in the plan?

And, the second question, which I'm betting is on the minds of many, were Bokden and Piu-Piu ALWAYS going to save the day? +::heart +::heart +::heart
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Re: What do Indy and JK Rowling Have in Common?

Postby D-Squall » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:57 am

My guess is that Indy knows where do start and how would finish. But in all MMs, he just wrote the development. Simple as that... or no? XD
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 am

D-Squall wrote:My guess is that Indy knows where do start and how would finish. But in all MMs, he just wrote the development. Simple as that... or no? XD

I'm going out on a limb, here: simple has never appeared to be Indy's style. Hence, The Library. Among other things. That have totally kicked my butt.
+::surrender +::surrender +::surrender

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:15 am

MiladyDW777 wrote:simple has never appeared to be Indy's style

You're completely right on that, his stories are amazing. +::Thumbup
MiladyDW777 wrote:Hence, The Library. Among other things. That have totally kicked my butt.

Haha yeah, it was hard. But I thought it was very cool to refer as other games.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:30 am

My question, then, is this: how much of where we're going now was always in the plan?

90% of the main story and the entire ending sequence (in MM5)
Although I have a scoop for you, MM5 will have multiple endings, but obviously only one of them will be the real one as I have imagined it - the difference between a novel and a game, I guess. :)
I also had absolutely all of MM4 before even starting MM1 xD

And, the second question, which I'm betting is on the minds of many, were Bokden and Piu-Piu ALWAYS going to save the day?

see above lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 am

Indinera wrote:90% of the main story and the entire ending sequence (in MM5)

WOW. +::O_o ALL of MM4??? Even The Library Of Pain And Suffering??? That's incredible!!! And certainly explains why the story is so solid...

Although I have a scoop for you, MM5 will have multiple endings, but obviously only one of them will be the real one as I have imagined it - the difference between a novel and a game, I guess. :)

I wondered if that would be the case!!! I guess that means there's a chance that Marine & Company could (gulp)... could... (I can barely bring myself to say it)... lose? +::fear +::fear +::fear

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 am

Accidental double post deleted. +:oops:

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:01 pm

MiladyDW777 wrote:

WOW. +::O_o ALL of MM4??? Even The Library Of Pain And Suffering??? That's incredible!!! And certainly explains why the story is so solid...

I wondered if that would be the case!!! I guess that means there's a chance that Marine & Company could (gulp)... could... (I can barely bring myself to say it)... lose? +::fear +::fear +::fear

For MM4, I meant all the MAIN quest. I usually add sidequests ad I develop the game.

For MM5, ahah, of course they could lose xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 am

That's one of the things I love about Indi's games.
And I believe that is what creating something (not only games, just anything) is about. The artist has the idea and he/she "shapes" the idea into reality by "fitting means" (sculptor shapes the stone, painter applies colors and Indi uses RPG Maker...). But in all these cases the artist has to "see" the thing he/she wants to create before he/she even starts to make it.
I also believe that once more people start working on the same thing, the original idea is "watered down" (Try to imagine five painters working on the same painting...) and that's why imo the "big" games with huge budgets and teams of people working on them will never be quite as good to me as Indi's games - because once the game is created by more people they tend to "average" it and don't want to risk too much, and the original idea behind the game is always more or less lost.

Just my two cents. :)
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 am

That was a very nice comment, thanks!

I still have many stories to tell - some of which do not fit so well the game format btw
I picked Millennium for its emotional strength and its plot that imo fits well a chaptered series but there may be a lot (LOT) more for you to discover
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am

Indinera wrote:...there may be a lot (LOT) more for you to discover

+::YAY +::clap

Btw, there was a mention about a game called "Aerack" in one of the old threads about upcoming Aldorlea games. Will you give away any hints about what kind of game would it be? +::shhhh

P.s. Sorry for off-topic, but I diddn't want to start a new topic because of this.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:34 am

Tomas wrote:
Indinera wrote:...there may be a lot (LOT) more for you to discover

+::YAY +::clap

Btw, there was a mention about a game called "Aerack" in one of the old threads about upcoming Aldorlea games. Will you give away any hints about what kind of game would it be? +::shhhh

P.s. Sorry for off-topic, but I diddn't want to start a new topic because of this.

To be fair, Aerack was not developed story-wise, but it was supposed to be a game ala Might and Magic (for connoisseurs lol) with multiple classes, plenty of quests etc.

A game which I've been knowing the plot for almost 20 years now and yet has been talked for a long time here without me ever starting serious development on it would be Legend lol it is my second oldest story xD

I have other epics ala Laxius Power btw "Crimson Sword", "CD Force", "The Blade of Xotai" etc. those would take a long time to make all that into games xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Millennium 4 - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)