Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Book of Legends - Features

The Book of Legends - Features

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 am

The Book of Legends - due February 18, 2012 - is my latest story, turned into an epic fantasy RPG with the valuable help of Enso.

Features:

* Beautiful graphics and musics reminiscent of Asguaard or Millennium - if you like the production values in those, you should definitely enjoy The Book of Legends!

* 30+ characters to discover and play, including several optional ones and they are all pretty unique in style, and personality.

* Great interaction between the characters and huge replayability - characters have a lot to say in this game, and with quest-affecting choices and multiple endings, there will be plenty for you to play!

* Autosave after every fight (Casual Mode) or every 10 fights (RPG Mode) - and the usual gameplay goodness you've been used to: party splitting, secrets aplenty, myriad of items, questbooking, party switching etc.

* A colyseum - yes! Wanna test your skills? The colyseum is for you and what's even better, it shows up early in the game!

* Epic length - it's always hard to give a fixed number because some players are much faster than others, but the game is definitely of epic scope - think 3 Stars of Destiny, Laxius Force, think more than 50 hours and probably far more than this given the sheer amount of genuine replayability this game will offer. And with a questbook tracking your main quest, you will never be lost and can stop and resume later!

* Worldmaps - each of the 6 continents in the game has its map for you to check, and you even get a full worldmap!

* Awesome storyline - this game will have plenty of twists, as per my signature (hopefully), and what's even better, it will be completely stand-alone. No sequel to wait. Just an epic adventure of epic proportions!

Stay tuned!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: The Book of Legends - Features

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:18 am

Sounds really great!

Two questions:
Indinera wrote:* Autosave after every fight (Casual Mode) or every 10 fights (RPG Mode)

But I can still save myself everywhere? Or are there save points like in 3Stars? (I'm a save junkie you know ....)

Indinera wrote:* 30+ characters to discover and play, including several optional ones and they are all pretty unique in style, and personality.

Can they all be discovered in one playthrough or do the characters you get depend on choices you make?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 am

But I can still save myself everywhere? Or are there save points like in 3Stars? (I'm a save junkie you know ....)

The hero has a spell allowing to save and there are bishops that act a bit like the bunnies in 3s.

Can they all be discovered in one playthrough or do the characters you get depend on choices you make?

They depend on the choices you make. +::O_o +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kronos44 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:53 pm

about the world map... do we get a teleport spell? or do we have to manually go through ports, ships, flying machines to revisit towns (if thats even possible)
please read and comment on my book
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7483
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7230
the book of legends character pics/list/locations
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=7504
best advertisement ever
http://www.youtube.com/tippexperience
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Indinera wrote:The hero has a spell allowing to save and there are bishops that act a bit like the bunnies in 3s.

A spell ..... means ..... saving is not ...... *gulp* ...... free? +::O_o

Indinera wrote:They depend on the choices you make. +::O_o +::wizard

You want to keep us busy playing until you're done with the next game, don't you? +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:20 pm

kronos44 wrote:about the world map... do we get a teleport spell? or do we have to manually go through ports, ships, flying machines to revisit towns (if thats even possible)

no teleport but some facilities
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 pm

A spell ..... means ..... saving is not ...... *gulp* ...... free?

well the bishops are free and the spell cost 10mp
plus you always have the autosave
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kronos44 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm

darn, what about bokden? is he in the game? (i ask before anyone else can... take that)
please read and comment on my book
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7483
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7230
the book of legends character pics/list/locations
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=7504
best advertisement ever
http://www.youtube.com/tippexperience
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Spoiler: show
spoiler!! take that! +::lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Indinera wrote:* Beautiful graphics and musics reminiscent of Asguaard or Millennium - if you like the production values in those, you should definitely enjoy The Book of Legends!

Great, graphics and music with high-quality is awesome. I'm even more excited.

Indinera wrote:* 30+ characters to discover and play, including several optional ones and they are all pretty unique in style, and personality.

I love Indy's characters, so it's another great thing and hidden characters are so exciting, because it's so rewarding when you find one of them lol. :)

Indinera wrote:* Great interaction between the characters and huge replayability - characters have a lot to say in this game, and with quest-affecting choices and multiple endings, there will be plenty for you to play!

When mutiple endings can be bad? Bring it on. +::biggrin

Indinera wrote:* Autosave after every fight (Casual Mode) or every 10 fights (RPG Mode) - and the usual gameplay goodness you've been used to: party splitting, secrets aplenty, myriad of items, questbooking, party switching etc.

Wonderful, wondeful. +::YAY

Indinera wrote:* Awesome storyline - this game will have plenty of twists, as per my signature (hopefully), and what's even better, it will be completely stand-alone. No sequel to wait. Just an epic adventure of epic proportions!

I can't wait to play and see the storyline for myself. +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Indinera wrote:well the bishops are free and the spell cost 10mp
plus you always have the autosave

And I hope the character who has that spell has about 1000 MP (or more)?
You have no idea how often I'm saving! In the end of your games I'm always called a coward! +::biggrin
Is there a special reason why you did it that way?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby D-Squall » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Maybe it's because Indy want to make like old RPGs, that saves only in savepoints instead of everywhere.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby littlebro » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:43 pm

50 hours of gameplay, high production values, multiple endings, big replayability - seems to me that this was the perfect game to win.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Aggeliki » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Yay!!!! i cant wait! +::Dance

does anyone have "egress"? god, i really miss this skill +::surrender
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Enso » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:And I hope the character who has that spell has about 1000 MP (or more)?
You have no idea how often I'm saving! In the end of your games I'm always called a coward! +::biggrin
Is there a special reason why you did it that way?

Jordan (the hero with the spell) is ok with MPs (not the highest value but certainly not the lowest) also he regains MPs after fighting! So it shouldn't be too hard. Plus when you get a tougher series of battles (boss fights) you're also allowed to save at certain time points for free! +::wizard

does anyone have "egress"?

No eggress but once you've been accross a certain dungeon you immediately get the option to "Go through"! +::Thumbup

Well, you get to pick one of 4 different schools to help you, so basically you get some characters that are mutually exclusive! Hence the high replay value and the beta-testing nightmare! ;)
Enso
Mercenary

Next

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions