Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Book of Legends: Player's Memories

The Book of Legends: Player's Memories

Postby Indinera » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 am

This is the place to post your feedback about The Book of Legends. You can download the game here:
http://aldorlea.org/thebookoflegends.php

Done with the game? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this funny questionary!

Just copy/paste the questions and answer below them! :)
Since the questionary is big, to avoid any stupid loss due to internet connections stopping (I've been there lol), maybe copy it in a word document and save it before sending - just a recommendation. +::music

Your opinion about Jordan?
Your opinion about Jasmine?
Your opinion about Melusine?
Your opinion about Clea?
Your opinion about Alex?
Your opinion about the rest of the cast (any favorites)?
Your opinion about the demons?
Your opinion about the story and dialogs?
Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you reach the top of the last dungeon onwards)?
What was your favorite demon and why?
What was your favorite moment and why?
What's the game's best/strongest sides?
Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare?
Would you date Jordan?
Who would win the Beauty Contest: Jasmine, Melusine, Clea, Alex, Barbara, another?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: The Book of Legends: Player's Memory

Postby Arya » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:06 pm

1.Your opinion about Jordan?
A trifle egocentric but humourous and lovable.

2.Your opinion about Jasmine?
Strong, opinionated, great heroine material.

3.Your opinion about Melusine?
Did not let her join the party.

4.Your opinion about Clea?
Absent minded, sweet, intelligent.

5.Your opinion about Alex?
Beautiful and talented.

6.Your opinion about the rest of the cast (any favorites)?
Barbara and Pacha- Great asset to the team.
Teksab- Interesting !!
Nagam and Luis- Strong and eager and good fun !!

7.Your opinion about the demons?
Challenging!!

8.Your opinion about the story and dialogs?
Great story! Funny dialogs. Looked forward to the exchange of words between characters.

9.Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you reach the top of the last dungeon onwards)?
Action packed and satisfying.

10.What was your favorite demon and why?
Dharma!!! Because had to think past his tricks!

11.What was your favorite moment and why?
Spoiler: show
After beating Cassandra!! Did not think could do it …three strong teams were needed!! Did it without having to reload!!

12.What's the game's best/strongest sides?
Storyline and characters.

13.Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare?
As good as the others.

14.Would you date Jordan?
Maybe..

15.Who would win the Beauty Contest: Jasmine, Melusine, Clea, Alex, Barbara, another?
Alex.
Arya
Peasant

Re: The Book of Legends: Player's Memories

Postby kronos44 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:31 pm

an evil anti-hero, he was awesome, he got on my nerves a few times, but all in all, a good guy.

VERY funny, loved her dialouge, and at the ebd of the game, in the final boss, she practically soloed the first fight against three demons. (good attack and battle dance, good defence, took a while)

im replaying the game, and so far, shes a seductress, and even though i prefer jassie, shes not too far behind at the moment

Your opinion about Clea?
after barbara, my second strongest character, (despite being about 10 levels behind everyone else), i gave her mind boosters, and the pre-emptive mage item i got in slainth, and she soloed the second lot of three demons, as well as the fight before the second cassandra.

Your opinion about Alex?
i loved her, from her art, to her fighting skills, especially the star on her cheek... defenitely my favorite artwork...

yeah, barbara, my strongest character, (the magvel weapon thingie (gun), helmet of the gods, and battle dance, she SLAUGHTERED CASSANDRA BOTH FIGHTS, it was barely even a fight, LOVED IT..... also, thought her eyepatch was an extra special touch, as for the rest of the cast... even though i wish i had found the two tailed cat again (and goot her to join) i still loved the rest of the cast

even though the fight were bloody annoying, i still had fun doing them.

pretty good, the dialouges were well thought out... the story didnt have any holes, absolutely no complaints here

Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you reach the top of the last dungeon onwards)?
i sort of saw the jordan twist coming (i thought that he'd either be a demon, or turn into a demon) but still... also, the last fight, epic upo epic...

jordan +::biggrin

nah seriously... the demon of tricks... i love his nose (tengus rock)

the final boss fight, because it was epic, followed closely by the credits (for all the pictures)

the replayability

ranks in the top three

Would you date Jordan?
me personally? no, because im a guy... however, if i found someone who looked like alex with jordans personality... then probably not, because shes be way too annoying (and only i am allowed to be annoying)

Who would win the Beauty Contest: Jasmine, Melusine, Clea, Alex, Barbara, another?
alex, im a fanboy +::YAY
please read and comment on my book
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7483
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7230
the book of legends character pics/list/locations
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=7504
best advertisement ever
http://www.youtube.com/tippexperience
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Aggeliki » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:24 am

Now i know why he was so cold and rude sometimes-the demon possesed him! his true character is to be revealed..i loved his comments in every occasion, they made me laugh
a girl who tries to rebel against Father's authority..cute,clever, nice battle skills
i will fill in this in next playthrough
Your opinion about Clea?
she is my favorite so far..she is the one who got the book,i see her as the central female character and love her courage and faith..i will definately match her with jordan
Your opinion about Alex?
the super star!she is too girly for me ( all the pink and the ponny tales) but has really good spells
Teksab-i levelled him up a lot coz i find him interesting and he really helped in wittaland!
Barbara- a killing machine in her 60 lvl, with the right weapons she was invincible..probably the best (so far) warrior
i loved all the animals but didnt have the chance to level them up..a straight connection with sylia +::YAY
hehe..i really liked the artworks of the demons in Lost continent..the bosses:they were tough but got them all +::biggrin
story and dialogue 10/10 +::clap +::Thumbup
the ending was really awesome! it conveyed a feeling of old school rpg-the continuous battles and all-i cant wait for the different ending to the love story as well!
Dharma-funny nose-tricky demon! had to thing hard to beat him! +::biggrin
the ending cutscene when cassandra speaks through jordan..the whole story was clarified then, i got the whole picture
story/characters/secrets +::whistle +::YAY
hm..still LF series is my fav, then comes MM for sure..i would say in the first five
Would you date Jordan?
yeah i would! he is really handsome now that he got rid of that demon! +::kiss
Alex would win coz contests are about looks..hehe!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby eve » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:53 pm

I just finished TBOL and I would love to talk about it because I am still shivering with excitement +::Dance

Well,Jordan has been my little weakness since the beggining.Such an intresting character,you can't wait to hear his backround story!Oh,my poor Jordan was so misunderstood! +::lol Despite his sharp tongue +::lol ,Jordan was one of my favorite characters and a very strong fighter!

Awwwwww,Jasmine my cutie pie!Jasmine was soooo cute!When the time arrived and I had to choose between Melusine and Jasmine I just couldn't avoid those puppy eyes of hers! +::heart She becomes a strong fighter and the good thing is that she is very fast!I loved her character because in the entire game her comments were actually shouting ''I am a grown woman I am not a baby anymore OK????'' So adorable! +::biggrin

I didn't choose her,maybe next time (If I manage to avoid Jasmine's puppy eyes +:::| ) But she kinda gave me the impression of a common princess,a little bit arrogant,so full of herself and so on...But who knows maybe I'm wrong :razz:

Your opinion about Clea?
Clea was what we call our sweet genius.A very gifted young lady,shy and caring.I admired her decision NOT to reveal her true identity because that shows a stable,simple and trusworthy character.Reminded me of a young Luciana (like in 3 Stars of Destiny)Oh and the little grammar mistakes se made, I think that is a sigh of a high IQ +::lol I've noticed it to several people who had high IQ ( not always obviously ) It makes you think that they cannot make a mistake in the hardest math problem,but too much informations,can make your tongue confused sometimes! +::lol

Your opinion about Alex?
She soooo reminded me of Rosalyn (Sylia) +::lol Alex was celebrity! +::Dance She can be easily misgudged as a fighter because well,at first you might say ''A celebrity?What will she do,throw make up at the emenies??'' But no!!Alex is actually a very capable fighter and to my surprise,much stronger than she seems!I had her in my party most of my times! :)

Well Yu was the type that didn't talk much and when he did,all he said was related to ''...gotta slay the demons,that is my destiny'' a very commited to his goal type of guy,who didn't let you learn more about him probably because he thought that is not necessary,because tha main goal is to ''...slay the demons'' +::lol He had very good spells! Barbara was a wild girl,the kind of girl that you KNOW she is a troublemaker! +::lol She was very very strong,and fast AND had usefull spells.Barbara is a diamond fighter. :) Princess Lo was excactly as she seems.A princess that she is a bit ''lost'' due to the time difference! +::lol I loved her grand slice spell and she could equip strong weapons.Nagam was one of my (many) surprises!A guardian on our side!And what guardian! +::O_o He is SUPER strong and he had SUPER resistance.I had him in my party in the final battle!Luis kinda reminded me of Nash +::lol Naturally strong,very usefull spells,and the mighty behaviour of a strong dragon! +::lol Zetta was a very strong warrior (with the war sword she was just amazing) who also didn't talk much but when she did,you could easily see how caring she was,and deeply devoted to her sister :) Teksab was our little mysterious fellow,his comments were TOP of the TOP,at one time he said something like ''We better go hide in the baskets!Oh,wait.....'' and I almost choked (I was drinking water in one of Teksab's comments,BIG mistake +::lol )we didn't know anything about him/her (still don't know the gender I always assumed he was a guy +::lol ) and we still don't! +::lol And what can I say about our animals?They were just adorable,all of them! +::heart

What can I say about the demons??SO very smart!The fact that certain characters could be absent during a battle with a demon,made the battle harder,but every single one of them were so different that you really didn't know what to expect!

The story was very intresting and I never felt bored not for one second.The excact opposite!The story was unique,as in every game Indy creates! +::YAY I have played every single of Indy's games and I still find my self surprised every time a new game comes out! +::lol That's the beauty, really. +::clap The dialogs were well placed and filled with details about the character's personallity!

Oh.... +::cry The ending was... +::cry It was so.... +::cry It was soooooo good! +::YAY But when I saw that I have to fight the demons (all of them) again with 3 different parties I was OH,MY,GOD +::O_o But then again I love a good challenge so I really enjoed it! +::Dance And that last demon was sooo creepy! +::fear

Well favorite... +:::| Hmmm let's see +:::| Well I would say the mister trickster demon because from the moment I looked for him until the moment I completely destroy him,was full of LOL LOL LOL and so on... +::biggrin He was a trickster alright! +::biggrin Cassandra was the top though,because she maximized the surprised and the wickedness.And also,the fact that it can be created the biggest mess out of nothing,so true,so true! +::biggrin

My favorite moment was when I saw Jordan a completely normal human,he seemed the same,and all of them,but much more peacefull :) And of course when I saw the picture of him and my cutie pie Jasmine married (Oh my God Indy,just....Oh my god! +::cry ) After this you just WANT to play it again and again to see all the endings! :) It was a very satisfactory ending and with every little detail till the end!Nothing less from you Indy! +::clap

The game's strongests sides: (practical)
a)certain events and certain characters reminded us of our heroes of our favorite RPG's like 3 Stars,Laxius force etc. BUT the game and it's characters had their unique stamp.
b)the music was beyond amazing,muched every scene and event as always and tottally different from any other music I've ever heard in a RPG.
c)The graphics were really good,even for the little details!
d)The new enemies were well designed and very intresting!
AND personal:
a)You can choose what to do with Jordan's life and I realized that every choice match certain parts of his personality.
b)Can be pretty emotional and funny at the same time (when Jordan and Jasmine were fighting awwwww +:oops: )
c)You realize that random encounters with the mount skill is the new Indy way of levelling up quickly and earn quite a lot amount of gold! +::biggrin

Yes I have,and I must say that I am certain that this game will be as loved as the others (and even more).I can't really compare them I love all of them.I just love the fact that every game is unique, with an amazing storyline,and intresting characters!I think I speak for all the aldorlea fans when I say TBOL blew my mind +::clap Keep up the good work Indy! +::clap

Would you date Jordan?
I would lie If I say I wouldn't +::lol Of course I would give it a try! +::biggrin

You already know the answer by now. J-A-S-M-I-N-E of course! +::biggrin
ImageDare to dream, dare to fly, dare to be the ever chosen one to touch the sky.
eve
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Funny character, he makes fun of almost everything and everyone he meets. He and Jasmine has brought me good laughs and I like how he is confident about being the party's leader. After all, who wouldn't be confident by having supernatural powers like his.

Always used her, for me she was my second best character (like Benoit in Millennium) her speed skills and battle dance was very useful, and the weapon that her father gave her was very useful to paralyze some guardians. +::Thumbup

In battle she was much better than Melusine, but her personality sucks... all full of herself, about being rich and well-educated, IMO Jordan and her deserved each other. lol

Your opinion about Clea?

She's my favourite character in the game, always worried but always works hard to have a great result in the end. I loved her, she reminded me of Luciana, appart from the plot she was another awesome character in battle with her sacred spell that when she was strong enough, it could kill a butcher in one strike. xD

Your opinion about Alex?

Her charm spell was useful against guardians and butchers, but appart from that... I didn't like her very much.

Luis and Nagam, because of their incredible attack power. Barbara, she comes with a high level and is very resistant.

They all looked evil, some were funny like that big nose xD Their battles were a bit annoying but exciting. Annoying because of the big quantity of battles. But I liked the party-splitting. ^^

The strongest point of the game, I mean... the chances that you take in the game may change all dialogues and characters of the game, it's a amazing gaming experience making you play the game more than once just to see what will happen if you choose that character in particular (the Jasmine and Melusine option)

It was the best moment of the game, I mean... who would knew that Jordan has a demon inside him? The battles were heart-beating and exciting but in the end, we get a very rewarding ending (Depending of the in-game choices)

The one that reborns, that looks like a Phoenix. Because he could revive from the ashes lol like the Phoenix.
And Dharma, sorry... he was so cool that I couldn't choose just one. xD

The party splitting, when Jordan goes to Ardeth and Clea goes to Wittaland. Also the ending battles.

Replay value, story and Musics.

Laxius Force and Millennium will always be my favourites series of games. The Book of Legends was a good game, I said it was bad once but I changed my mind, it's actually a good game and like Indy said, this is his kind of games... full of characters, big, humorous. a must-play... this is one of the games that is most packed with RPG elements.

Would you date Jordan?

Lol, of course not. XD

Alex.
Last edited by D-Squall on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Woofgang » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:04 am

Arrogant, rude, but good qualities for fighting

Loved her, but did not use her, felt bad when I had to let her go.

My favorite! She was my killing machine, stronger than all others with the mortel equipped and the slaughterer gauntlet. She took out most with one hit, sometimes it took 2. I rarely used skills on the lost continent because she was so good! Her skills that I did like were the implosion of fate and the immaculate irradiation. Jordan and Melusine made a great team on the lost continent.

Your opinion about Clea?
She was cute, sweet, but I needed to use Melusine to level her up to 70, even then, not as good as Melusine.

Your opinion about Alex?
Liked her celebrity status! The comments in her home town made me laugh.

Oh, soooo many! Randolph, Luis, Pacha, Barbara, Nagam, and Teksab! They were strong, that I had a hard time choosing between them!

Great! Strong and loved their looks!

Kept me interested from the beginning until the very end

Loved it! I really had to think about who to use and when. The very end made me laugh because I had Jordan and Melusine get together! LOL!

Hmm, Dharma and Cassandra

All the demon battles! Satisfaction when beating them

Dialogue, I found myself laughing, especially when clicking on objects. The story line was great.

Played all, this is just as good! Love all of them!

Would you date Jordan?
NO! Well, maybe at the very end.
Spoiler: show
Now that he is available! LOL!

I’m sticking with Melusine, strength makes her beautiful!
Woofgang
Bard

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:02 am

Before answering the questions I’ve got a few general things to say about the game.
I didn’t read everything of the other feedbacks, but I’ve noticed two things DS said, which I absolutely can’t agree with.
First thing is that the game isn’t as good as other Aldorlea games. Imo this is one of the best Aldorlea games ever.
Second thing is that the game isn’t big. I don’t know how to finish it in 16 hours. My time was 49 hours. I know, some people play much faster than others, but when exploring thoroughly and also trying to get all the sidequests done I think 16 hours won’t do. This certainly IS a big game.

I have to say though, when I first started playing I was deeply disappointed. The very first impression was that I didn’t like the artworks of the people in the first conversation. Then I didn’t like Jordan’s sprite and the way he behaved.
Then the random encounter. I do not like this and really had to get used to it. And last but not least the save modus. Normally I’m saving all the time and I seriously was like an addict on cold turkey.
I played for half an hour, then dropped it. But a friend who had purchased the game before me told me to open my mind and keep on playing some more.
I did and slowly got into it until I couldn’t stop playing anymore. And now I think it was more than worth it.
I still don’t like the sprites and I still don’t like random encounter. But other than that it was a very unique game experience and I can’t wait to play again with different characters!
This is one awesome game!!!!!!!!!!!

A Fenirith version of Dr. House. His behavior is impossible, but he’s the hero, so you always wait for him to show a nicer side.

Cutie! (Sorry, I will have to kill you next time …..)

I chose Jasmine, but what I saw from her made me think she’s very self-centered and arrogant.

Your opinion about Clea?

Very cute, very smart, but always a bit light in the head.

Your opinion about Alex?
Typical star. But also an awesome fighter with the right weapon.

I liked Nagam. Actually I even liked his sprite, lol. So eager to prove himself worthy!
“Jordan, when will you put me in the damn party?”

Challenging! And very different which makes it even better!

First I thought the story is boring. Well, just another demon to slay …..
Though I still think it’s not the most sophisticated story ever, it developed pretty nicely because of the details (like twin demons, the party split …).
The dialogues where great though!

Thrilling! You gotta find out how to use your characters, how to equip them right. Then find battle strategies.
The battles themselves were not too hard though. I thought it would be harder, especially Cassandra. (Which doesn’t mean I would want it much harder. I wouldn’t have wanted to die a couple times before succeeding because I wanted to see the end.)
The very end …. I wish I wouldn’t have to choose one girl to end the game. Turning them all down should end it too. For the most part of the game I refused anything romantic and I rather would have also done this in the end.

Dharma because of his tricks. I loved the bomb imps!
But also Osphilades because he gave me the most thrilling battle.

Finding the solution for the paint quest because normally I miss the tricky quests and I really didn’t think I’d find something first.

Most definitely the different ways to play it. Getting different characters by choosing Jasmine or Melusine. There must be completely different dialogues next time. It surely wasn’t an easy thing to synchronize the conversations according to which characters were chosen and found. Awesome work!!!!!!!!!
Another thing I appreciated was that the party leaders could be removed from the party. You could always freely choose all four members.
And then of course the recovering of HP after fights in casual mode. I don’t think I would have played the game without that feature because the random encounters would have annoyed me too much. Great thing for people like me, who don’t like invisible encounters, to still enjoy the game.

I think this game is very different from other Aldorlea games. First off the Asian touch that is very new, and then of course the importance of the choice between Jasmine and Melusine. No other game has offered such different game experiences before.

Would you date Jordan?
Mmmmmmm ….. no.

Alex or Barbara.
Jasmine could win a kiddy contest.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:07 pm

I’m now going to commit what I suspect many will consider an absolutely heresy, but I think he’s a much more interesting character than Random; he’s multi-sided, and I much prefer his artwork! Excellent in battle. Loved his comments on objects when they were clicked.

I didn’t keep her, so I can’t speak about how she develops. Potentially an interesting, strong character, but not a lot to go on.

I liked her, not one-dimensional, I used her a lot because her spells were so useful (and how am I going to manage in the replay when I choose Jasmine???)

Your opinion about Clea?
Loved the way she got tongue-twisted and her “I’m stressed”. A couple of people have compared her to a young Luci, but I think she’s actually much more adult than that.

Your opinion about Alex?
Oh celebrities, don’t they just love themselves! But I used her a lot as I found her a good fighter, with good spells and her ‘Sing Along lv.2’ was brilliant.

This is possibly the most difficult question of all – how to pick a favourite from among that lot? Barbara was superb as a fighter; Yu was everything you’d want from an enigmatic demon-fighting monk; Luis outdid Nash in the self-regarding stakes (perhaps that’s just what dragons are like, even if they call themselves Druks); I thought Randolph was a bit of a wimp at the beginning, but levelled up and using his Leviathan Axe he was unstoppable, especially when he had the Slaughterer Gauntlet as well; Teksab – well what can one say? I presume that the face in the final section showing the stats was his? In which case, good on him for using the basket and getting to participate when otherwise no one would have taken him seriously. Lorette was a bit indefinite as a character, but Princess Lo was interesting, and a great addition to the party. Nagam was all that you want in a solid hitter, and with some wonderful lines. I liked the links to Sylia, and was so pleased to see Hans etc.

Good variety, displaying the qualities that their names suggested, with very good artwork. I really like the idea of some characters being ‘absent’ if put in against a particular demon. It meant you had to pay proper attention both to your characters and their personalities and what a specific demon would control.

Very good story and I thought the dialogues were extremely good; excellent variety of interactions, often very funny.

Fast paced and challenging – I was so relieved that I’d put in a reasonable time to ensure that everyone was at a good enough level. I like it when a game requires more than just having an A Team, with the rest not much more than decorative background.

Dharma – the artwork, his sneaky minions, his final trick of coming back – but I’ve played Aldorlea games before and so I always save before exiting somewhere weird like that, and finally the battle animation with the spell he gave, Dharma’s party.

I’m going to duck out of answering that, because there were so many good moments scattered throughout the game that it would be almost impossible to say “that one, more than any other.”

The story and dialogue; replayability; what I think is a better balance in the Colyseum than in the LF Arena; the side quests, which is always an aspect I enjoy in a game; the way that careful exploration was rewarded with lots of good items (plus bronze gauntlets - as Jordan said, every dungeon had to have one).

I think I’ve played them all (including LP1-3, Blades of Heaven etc.) and it’s very difficult to compare them in a straightforward way because many of them are so different from each other. I think this one compares very well with any of the others.

Would you date Jordan?
Now, what do you think?!

Beauty is something highly subjective, so I’m not going there, far too hazardous.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby bigtime » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Awesome main character. Very fun and even makes clicking random objects fun just to hear his reply.
Only played her in the begining. She was doing fine and very funny dialogues.
Great fighter and spellcaster. Also a healer, plus totally full of her self. The full package.
Your opinion about Clea?
Wasnt my favorite character, although she could be funny because shes so dumb.
Your opinion about Alex?
Awesome character with good attacks and spells. Added a lot of fun to the game.
Louis and nagam ended up dominating. In the beginging teksab was the man. I also loved shiro.
Good challenges and epic battles. I really felt proud after defeating each of them.
It was great. Funny and it drew me in so I didnt want to stop. Plus i want to replay and see what i missed.
It was done well. From the battles to the conversations to the celebration.
The trickster, he was just so tricky and a tad crazy.
Recruiting the dragon. Its so cool having a dragon on your team. Hes also very good.
Multiple characters and stories to hear.
I like this more then the Laxius games, and as much as the millineium games.
Would you date Jordan?
no
Barbara or alex. I think id go with barb though.
8)
bigtime
Wanderer

Postby Madmar » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Funny, strong and a bit mysterious. I loved him

Didin't use Jasmine but what little time I had her, she was a real scrapper and a great foil for Jordan

Arrogant but she lived up to her self assesment. Strong fighter and some awesome spells. She saved me more than once.

Your opinion about Clea?
Not my favorite. Not a strong fighter, spells were not great. A bit wimpy

Your opinion about Alex?
Not just another pretty face, for sure.

Barbara was awesome and then some. Lorette and Randolf proved their worth. Nagam and Luis were great additions for the final battle. I liked all the characters, they all provided something useful to the fight. Loved all the artwork but found the females a bit less realistic than the males or the animals.

Loved the artwork for each, they were so distinct. Provided tough battles and with some of the "side effects" you had to think before each fight about who would be best suited . Couldn't just enter a battle with your top 4.

I chuckled at times and LOL at others. I actually read the conversations

What can I say? I was exhausted at the end and very thankful that I had leveled my characters up because it took all of them with all their powers to defeat the final demon.

I liked Pride and Luxury. YOu had to be very careful who fought them due to the absent status

I had no real "favorite". There were so many surprises and great moments but I must say the ending was spectacular.

This is a game I can play again and again because choices I make affect the outcome. Loved the storyline and the characters, the humor and, well, everything

I have played all Aldorlea games so far and have never been disappointed. They are hard to compare because they all have a distinct feel. I have enjoyed every one and look forward to enjoying many more.

Would you date Jordan?
Uh, well, he is a little young for me.
Princess Lo with Barbara coming in second.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Alikamou » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:35 am

Your opinion about Jordan? That was my main man +::heart +::lol Enjoyed his quirky personality through it all. He sure has a mouth on him and he like little Nestor...he brought in the recruits +::YAY

Your opinion about Jasmine? Now there was a connection, so that's why I kept her +::biggrin Besides...I had to find out how old she really was +::biggrin

Your opinion about Melusine? No comment cause I ditched her this time around :razz: Besides, she seemed like a real witch for wanting Jas out of the party +::biggrin

Your opinion about Clea? Ahhh...my little bookworm. She was just about the only true magician +::wizard She also grew to pack a good spell, too. +::grrr

Your opinion about Alex? +::biggrin What a songbird that can sting...I mean sing +::biggrin

Your opinion about the rest of the cast (any favorites)? Barbara & Pacha +::heart That was my third love +::biggrin My fourth is actually Zetta & Tsen +::biggrin They could hit 5 times!!!!! Melvut kept the ambushes to a minimum and got a lot of ambushing the enemies with Mateo +::YAY And talk about a powerhouse with Luis & Nagam? Whoa! +::grrr They could take a hit and dish one out +::Dance It took awhile testing out the party mixes at the Ol' Slainthe Castle before I took everyone back for the showdown +:oops: +::shhhh

Your opinion about the demons? They were awesome +::fear Talk about having to really use 'strategy', well this was it! Each demon with their individual unique characteristics was a challenge. +::O_o

Your opinion about the story and dialogs? +::biggrin +::Thumbup Loved that humor. Story could get intense with how it was panning out, but that humor or off-the-wall comment kept me glued to and checking everything out for more "wheelbarrow" type comments +::biggrin Thoroughly enjoyed trudging all the way up a long walkway to check out a lone pot and...*nothing* :razz: It was a hoot!

Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you reach the top of the last dungeon onwards)? +::fear I was wondering whether I had enough power and supplies +::lol Talk about party-splitting???? +::fear That's the only reason it took me soooooo long to finish +::biggrin But I was able to make good teams +::YAY and they all pulled it off without anyone being 'unconscience' :razz: It was chilling, thrilling and mind-boggling +::clap

What was your favorite demon and why? Hmmm...favorite demon would probably be Dharma. I had the hardest time with battling him...that Tricky bugger. It took me 5 tries to finally figure it out on my own instead of checking the guide +::biggrin

What was your favorite moment and why? Going to the Colliseum and actually participating using my hawk +::biggrin We won the championship! +::YAY But the true favorite was going through the final battles +::whistle It gave me a sense of accomplishment being able to vanquish the demons and getting the ending I was hoping for +::biggrin Oh...need to add this one cause I just did it again +::biggrin - - Talked to Simon at Suul about standing on the pier and...oops...*splash* +::lol +::lol Brought back memories of a scene that DS did in his game +::biggrin

What's the game's best/strongest sides? Ah Indy & Enso....it was the whole game! Music, graphics, characters, storyline, and the questbook! Soooo...the whole game! Forgot to mention the rejuvenating properties after a fight, too. I could concentrate more on continuous playing instead of worrying about where the closest shop was and whether I had enough funds to get the supplies I needed.

Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare? It's like LF, 3S & Sylia rolled into one +::biggrin The strategy playing of LF, the storyline of 3S and the recruitment of animals & various endings like Sylia. To be able to mesh them all together and come up with this was *Spot On!*

Would you date Jordan? Yup! No question about it +::biggrin Tho he's still too young for me +::biggrin Seems like 'Baskethead' is closer to my age +::lol

Who would win the Beauty Contest: Jasmine, Melusine, Clea, Alex, Barbara, another? Alex, even if I would pick my 'Amazon Pirate' Barbara :razz:
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby mamachi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:16 am

I just finished the game and I really loved it. All your games are good but this one is maybe a little more easy playing in casual mode and I liked that. I still prefer visibel encounters but it was well balanced there was time between the battles so I could explorer it all.
When I first saw the save system I was frustreted but it worked fine and I used the autosavesystem several times +::Thumbup
I really miss all your comments for bookcases but I think you put a lot of it in this game +::kiss
I think there was a little to many animals in this game but the raccoon was cute and the bear and tiger was strong. All of them was level 55 at the end so it was many to level up. :) All my human and the dragon and the guardian was at level 70 so the end-battle was a piece of cake LOL I played the game about 60 hour and still missed the egg I gave up after 30 min.
I played with Jasmine and happy pink ending +::YAY
It was a very god story and a wonderfull graphic and I hope you two will work together another time.
Off I go to kill Jasmine this time.
mamachi
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 am

I think he's good as the hero or anti-hero. He's much more of a smart "arse" than Random, who, I think is more your classic hero. Jordan's more "Gangsta".
I sent her packing and took up with the Princess as suggested in the guide.
Formidable and very sure of herself. Good to have on your side.
Your opinion about Clea?
Very cute.
Your opinion about Alex?
Typical celebrity but with lots of punch. I liked her.
Loved Barbara & Pacha, enjoyed Mateo, the wolf, fox and horse; the bears too + plus our rooster friend.
Thought that Randolf and Teksab were a little weak. Yu was a wonderful surprise, he was very strong.
Interesting and overpowered in a reasonable time, mostly.
The dialogues are most enjoyable ....I love cheeky comments and humour.
Enjoyed that. Got done a couple of times, then I made the right choices for the levels etc of my teams and won.
Cassandra because you just had to hope you had enough power and items to overcome her.
Finding Barbara. Loved the way she jumped out of the trees.
Not sure what you mean exactly by sides?
Absolutely. I think it compares very well the others...it contains strong and powerful elements similar to Laxius Force & the Millenium series with an excellent range of characters. It's fun too!!! +::YAY
Would you date Jordan?
No, too much "Gangsta" rap to start and too much wimp to finish. +::Annoyed
Barbara if it wasn't by the book and Alex if it was. +::clap
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby blitzen » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:15 am

our opinion about Jordan?
Your typical smart-mouthed rogue.

I liked that she didn't let Jordan call all the shots. She didn't seem to pick up a lot of extra skills as she leveled up, though, so she ended up being one of the weaker characters (aside from the animals).

Did not let her join.

Your opinion about Clea?
One of my favourite characters, not sure why though. I picked the ending where she and Jordan got together, but that didn't work out so well.

Your opinion about Alex?
Turned out to be a much more serious character than I expected and handy in a fight, too.

Teksab (or Baskethead as I called him) was a neat idea, and I'm surprised I even managed to find him.
Barbara and Pasha were a great team. Nagam ended up having the most personality and he was very valuable, I'm glad I got him. Of the animals I liked the hawk and the raccoon best because they were so unusual. Again, I wish they had had more individual personalities.

I liked that they were all different & the fights were challenging, especially the first one.

The story itself was good, with enough background to make it interesting (although I do wish someone would come up with a more creative riff on the "demons rising to take over the world" plot). I would have liked to see more inter-character dialogues to flesh out their personalities.

I kind of suspected Jordan was a demon or controlled by one, so that wasn't too much of a surprise, but the visual of Cassandra bursting out of him was pretty shocking! I knew we would have to split parties so I had spent some time leveling up the animals. I was a bit disappointed to find we needed only 3 parties instead of 4, so most of the animals were ultimately not used. Just seems like a bit of a waste of characters.

Dharma for sure. He was tricky, and the bomb imps took me a while to figure out! Pride and Luxury were pretty cool too.

Figuring out the code to get into O'Slainthe Castle without any help! It took me a while to realize what the key to the code was and I had to go back to a previous save to get the number of coins in the chest, but it worked and I got so much great gear in there. Also defeating the first demon because

Best: Lots of places to visit, characters able to roam at will with new areas opening up as the game progressed but still able to backtrack and finish old quests. Fun side-quests, some very tricky ones (never did figure out the paint one). Tons of characters to collect made managing the parties challenging. Well-designed dungeons (Le Haricot Grand!) and difficult opponents.

I have played every single Aldorlea game, I think. Reading over my answers it seems like my experience of this game was on the negative side, but that's not really the case. I had a lot of fun playing it, and my only real complaint is that the characters weren't as developed as I would have liked. It wouldn't be fair to compare a game like this with about 40+ hours of playing time to the LF or Millennium series.

Would you date Jordan?
Lord, no.

Barbara, hands-down, even with the eye-patch!
blitzen
Bard

Next

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions