Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Level for fighting Pride and Luxury

Level for fighting Pride and Luxury

Postby Orchid Queen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 am

I am finding the fights very hard. The guide doesn't really help because the suggestions about party members always refer to Melusine, Randolf and Loretta. As I stuck to Jasmine, I don't have those characters.
What level do you suggest for fighting these characters? It took me so many attempts to defeat Jasman even though the guide said he had low HP.
This game isn't working for me yet.
Thanks
Orchid Queen
Bard

Re: Level for fighting Pride and Luxury

Postby kronos44 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:15 am

you wont find much help for levels from me (i cant really remember,) but i dont remember it being too hard, even though i had trouble with the jas man, (i had to use poison on the man of jas to defeat him,)

more important than levels would be party construction... which specific fight are you having trouble with? who are you using for those fights? ect, ect. are you stubbornly clinging to jordie? how much attack power does jassie have? is clea at a decent level? do you have barbara? or alex?have you been collecting the animals? do you have yu? (his resistance up is more useful than you might think... especially for big fights like the demons)

and most importantly, do you have a lot of healing items? (especially hot mushrooms, healing potions and magic potions,)
please read and comment on my book
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7483
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7230
the book of legends character pics/list/locations
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=7504
best advertisement ever
http://www.youtube.com/tippexperience
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:19 am

Orchid Queen wrote:I am finding the fights very hard. The guide doesn't really help because the suggestions about party members always refer to Melusine, Randolf and Loretta. As I stuck to Jasmine, I don't have those characters.
What level do you suggest for fighting these characters? It took me so many attempts to defeat Jasman even though the guide said he had low HP.
This game isn't working for me yet.
Thanks

who are *all* your characters?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:25 am

Orchid Queen wrote: the suggestions about party members always refer to Melusine, Randolf and Loretta. As I stuck to Jasmine, I don't have those characters.

The points kronos made should help a lot. But to give you an idea of how you might choose to build your Jasmine team for this particular fight, here is a suggestion.
Spoiler: show
For Pride: Jordan, Clea (for her nullify spell), Zetta, Boom
For Luxury: Barbara, Pacha, Alex (for Sing Along lv2), Yu (Globe of Faith spell).

Hope this helps and that you start to enjoy the game more. It is definitely worth sticking with, an excellent game.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Orchid Queen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:37 am

I seem to have missed a lot of characters. So far I've got Alex (38), Jasmine (34), Clea (34) Yu (34), Zetta (31), Jordan (35), Teksab (32),Tsen (28), Boom (25)and Eve (25).
I'm wondering what on earth I've missed now. I'm no good at the coliseum. Only tried it once, with Alex and Jordan at the level they are now, and managed 4 kills before I was defeated. The 1,000 gold for a resistance trinket wasn't worth it so I went back to a save and haven't done it again. I've had trouble with all the fights including the cats but eventually succeeded. I defeated Jasman on the third attempt. I've completed four quests.
I'm really puzzled about what I've done wrong. +:oops:
Thanks for your help everyone. +::O_o
Orchid Queen
Bard

Postby kronos44 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:03 am

there is a character list in my sig if you want to cross reference on who you have missed, and you have missed a few... going purely by memory the only two on the mainland you missed is jonas the wolf (go to the lone tree directly south of the house of fear) (his levels are in the twenties though) and hans the chicken (in the first forest, close to where you start ) but im afraid hed have a real low level at this point

if you have a save from the desert then i strongly reccomend you reload to get barbara (level 41), pacha (level 39), and melvut (vital to two quests) (locations on the list) but is you dont have a save you can get these later...

check the sidequest list (its stickied in the forum) and do what side quests you can do (for that extra level or two), buy a crapload of healing items, and also, one last thing. equipment, most notably the slaughterer gauntlet from the house of fear, and the captains sword you can buy in zenna (for a lot of money)
Last edited by kronos44 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
best advertisement ever
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:03 am

So far I've got Alex (38), Jasmine (34), Clea (34) Yu (34), Zetta (31), Jordan (35), Teksab (32),Tsen (28), Boom (25)and Eve (25).

Buy a Captain Sword for Zetta if you haven't done it already. Then another one for Alex if you can afford it (sell all your junk and see what you get from it). Leave some gold to have 20 or more of the 4 main healing items.

Against Pride:
Jordan - Clea - Zetta - Teksab
If Pride boosts, have Clea nullify him. If possible make her fast using appropriate gears.
If your party has lost HPs, have Jordan heal with Surging Aura. Make sure his MPs don't get too low by using Magic Potion.

Against Luxury
Alex - Jasmine - Yu - Boom
Alex can cast Sing Along Lv 2 immediately. Target the spider first. Yu can cast Globe of Faith to protect everyone.

The 1,000 gold for a resistance trinket wasn't worth it

You got unlucky... there are other prizes. You could try again and see if it goes better.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kronos44 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 am

haha indi, i beat you to the punch... +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY

oh i forgot rosario, if you havent got the horse he is in fort zenna, and if you level him up you get his mount skill, which you can use to make exploring a hell of a lot easier
best advertisement ever
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Orchid Queen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks guys and gals.
Since raising the post I've found Rosario. I'm now going to look for the desert save or thereabouts. See how I go. It might be better if I start again but that just horrifies me. Desert means Xelion (Dela Ver...)and not Suul, I presume?
Will let you know how I get on. Silly me didn't realise that the sword could be used by two people so I didn't buy another one. Mind you, it's hard raising that kind of money. There were also some superior rods in the desert, I think.
Hmmmmm. +::Dunno
Orchid Queen
Bard

Postby kronos44 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm

yeah, the desert is dela vermana and towns near it
best advertisement ever
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Orchid Queen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Yeah, I found a save at Hotel Ascension so I left there and wandered around. I've been to Sleeper whatever, Xelion, Vermhella, and the other little one. Where are these characters? I need help.
I bet they're in the Serpentine Woods that I now just 'go through'. :)
Orchid Queen
Bard

Postby Orchid Queen » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Kronos 44, what is your sig?
Orchid Queen
Bard

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Did you get the quest in Dela Vermelha to find the rogue?
This is Barbara, another playable character (who btw has a Captain's Sword)!
You can find her
Spoiler: show
in a secret forest. Leave the village to the north. On the worldmap there's a spot where forest meets mountains. The secret forest is there. You'll find a fireplace. When you check it, Barbara will attack you. Careful, she's strong!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby kronos44 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Orchid Queen wrote:Kronos 44, what is your sig?

the signature benateh each and everyone of my posts
this is one of the topics in my sig that details all the characters and their locations (and their artwork +::biggrin )
best advertisement ever
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Orchid Queen » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31 am

Okay. Thanks everyone.
Found an earlier save. Got Barbara and Pacha, Jonas and Rosario. Levelled up. Went back to Izuka ready to battle Pride and Luxury only to discover that I still had to do the Majestic hotel. Again.
Ah, well!
+::grrr
Orchid Queen
Bard

Next

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions