Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

This game reminds me of....

This game reminds me of....

Postby bclouds » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:04 am

Its got the humour and graphical style of Dawn's Light.
Its got the party recruitment of the Suikoden games where those npcs with avatars can be added to your party but not always right away.
Its got the secrets of Asguaard ( you are rewarded for travelling over every grid on the world map with the occasional secret )
Its got the great characterization and secrets of Millenium.

Blend all these elements together and you have a fantastic game. Thanks!!
bclouds
Mercenary

Re: This game reminds me of....

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:38 am

I would say that Indi is right with "TBOL going back to roots" - TBOL indeed reminds me of the original LP. Let's take Teksab as an example - you are searching crates and suddenly you find such an crazy character. There'a a lot of "LP spirit" in it.

If I should mention two non-Aldorlea games that I remembered because of TBOL it would be:
1. Three The Hard Way - an old RM2K game with an unusual main hero - Vance (that was his name) was quite selfish and more into earning money than helping people. And I would say that Jordan was kinda a mix of Random and Vance, at least that's how I felt about him.

2. Romances in TBOL reminded me Romancing Walker, another old RM2K game. It was handled similarly to TBOL there, it is there were some key moments when you needed to choose on of the girls - who will get a gift, who will you pick for the final dungeon, things like that.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 am

TBOL is totally vintage goodness imo
The interaction with treasure chest and scenery objects is also something I had not done (at least to this extent) in a long time, but it's true LP had it. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I agree with Tomas that there are many echoes of LP in TBOL and that in my book is a good thing. I was very conscious of the echoes because I recently replayed LP1-3 on the 10th anniversary and enjoyed them even more than the first time round. If it had been allowed I would have put LP3 in my 5 best Aldorlea list, but that was only for commercial games. So yes, "going back to roots" paid off.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby D_A » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:51 am

I thought it reminded me of Tales of the Drunken Paladin. The rather crude humor, the not-at-all-noble hero, and super secret hidden events in any random objects at all.
D_A
Peasant

Postby littlebro » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 am

Three the hard way and Tales of a Drunken Paladin; yes, I can see the connections, but I think the story of TBOL is quite different
littlebro
Ranger

Postby kronos44 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 am

Tomas wrote:I would say that Indi is right with "TBOL going back to roots" - TBOL indeed reminds me of the original LP. Let's take Teksab as an example - you are searching crates and suddenly you find such an crazy character. There'a a lot of "LP spirit" in it.

If I should mention two non-Aldorlea games that I remembered because of TBOL it would be:
1. Three The Hard Way - an old RM2K game with an unusual main hero - Vance (that was his name) was quite selfish and more into earning money than helping people. And I would say that Jordan was kinda a mix of Random and Vance, at least that's how I felt about him.

2. Romances in TBOL reminded me Romancing Walker, another old RM2K game. It was handled similarly to TBOL there, it is there were some key moments when you needed to choose on of the girls - who will get a gift, who will you pick for the final dungeon, things like that.

i just wanna say... they are similar in one respect... but no, i dont think you compare the romances here to romancing walker... (i still love that game... wish someone would do a remake... or a sequel)
please read and comment on my book
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7483
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7230
the book of legends character pics/list/locations
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=7504
best advertisement ever
http://www.youtube.com/tippexperience
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions