Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Off to a poor start

Off to a poor start

Postby txmimi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm playing the demo before committing to the game and have wandered through the Moondrop Woods for 45 minutes. I was attacked by the thieves who stole the artifact, and now I'm supposed to go get revenge on them. . . but cannot find them anywhere. It's pretty frustrating to have to stop and have little battles every 50 steps while searching over areas I've been over a dozen times already. The rooster keeps getting poisoned and I have nothing with which to treat him. Any tips?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Off to a poor start

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:20 am

For the rooster there's an item called Autumn Charm that counteracts Poison. I don't remember though where I found it. I would think if you explored thoroughly you probably opened all the chests, so if it wasn't there it must be elsewhere. Maybe in one of the holes in the ground where you get ambushed.
As for the thieves: From the place where you started the game walk right past the first save priest, then down between the two pillars. Then, right after a chest, go up and follow the path to the next screen. After walking between two pillars again keep to the right. You'll see the next priest. Walk past him and go up. Here's the tieves' hideout.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby txmimi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Well, the trial period is over and I still can't find the thieves' hideout, so I think I'm done with this game. I find the fighting-every-50-steps thing very annoying, so guess this game isn't for me. Thanks, Cassiopea, for trying to help!
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:35 am

You should have gotten the guide maybe. :)
Well the thieves' hideout is not particularly difficult to find, or hidden, for that matter... +::Dunno
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:15 am

Cassiopeia wrote:For the rooster there's an item called Autumn Charm that counteracts Poison. I don't remember though where I found it. I would think if you explored thoroughly you probably opened all the chests, so if it wasn't there it must be elsewhere. Maybe in one of the holes in the ground where you get ambushed.
As for the thieves: From the place where you started the game walk right past the first save priest, then down between the two pillars. Then, right after a chest, go up and follow the path to the next screen. After walking between two pillars again keep to the right. You'll see the next priest. Walk past him and go up. Here's the tieves' hideout.

Autumn Charm can be found in a chest, but it's in the same area as the thieves guild, so likely to be an area she overlooked.
It's not necessary to keep the rooster alive btw.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:38 am

Ah, I didn't remember exactly where it was.

Indinera wrote:It's not necessary to keep the rooster alive btw.

But he's quite helpful. And he's cute! Would you want your pet to suffer a painful death from poisoning? +::lol
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:08 pm

You can keep him out of the party. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:40 am

Cassiopeia wrote:But he's quite helpful.

He deals pretty good damage!
My tactic is the one of a coward anyway. I keep saving all the time and replay when something bad happens in a fight rather than deal with the consequences.
In TBOL that means, when something goes terribly wrong in a fight (like poor rooster getting poisoned) I hit F12, restart the game and replay from the last auto save. +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:06 am

But it's harder to do that if you are playing in RPG Mode.
That said, to the opening poster, if you have trouble, Casual Mode should handle it for you. Unless you get mega-super-dooper unlucky, no way Jordan is gonna die so early on. Otherwise, just go pick the Autumn Charm and THEN get Hans. But the Thieves' Hideout is really not particularly hidden to be honest, so...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Indinera wrote:But it's harder to do that if you are playing in RPG Mode.

That's certainly true, but I'm not playing RPG mode. You know, I'm not the die-hard hard mode player. I don't want it too easy, but kinda relaxed. :)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:57 pm

A safe way to keep Hans alive is to get that cool Charm before picking him.
And at the same time you (almost) get to know where the hideout is, double gain! +::music
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:07 pm

+::Thumbup
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:50 pm