Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Killed Demon of Ego but Game still Lists Quest

Killed Demon of Ego but Game still Lists Quest

Postby Snowhite » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:25 am

I killed the demon then killed the monster for the little village and then went back Izuka (?). Read that I missed Barbara somehow and went off to find her but can't get to Zander AND the game still lists the quest to kill the demon of Ego as not finished.

I REALLY don't want to do that fight again. It is not the problem with going forward with the wrong save game, honest. Any help?
Snowhite
Wanderer

Re: Killed Demon of Ego but Game still Lists Quest

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:55 am

Not sure why the quest is still listed but you're not supposed to go back to Zander after returning to Half-Moon.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Snowhite » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:53 am

Thanks for writing back. Am VERY frustrated.

Just was obliterated against Luxury and Pride. Game wouldn't give me access to almost half of the party members from the previous battles. Went back to the majestic hotel and it was different and then got the message to go to Izuka so I don't know what happened there. Went through the forums and found that i didn't have Barbara and Pacha, Jonas and Rosario. So tried to go to Zander to find Barbara as I seem to be very weak and need a LOT of potions. Was unable to return to Zander and like I said now can't access half of the group that I do have.
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:13 am

Snowhite wrote:Thanks for writing back. Am VERY frustrated.

Just was obliterated against Luxury and Pride. Game wouldn't give me access to almost half of the party members from the previous battles. Went back to the majestic hotel and it was different and then got the message to go to Izuka so I don't know what happened there. Went through the forums and found that i didn't have Barbara and Pacha, Jonas and Rosario. So tried to go to Zander to find Barbara as I seem to be very weak and need a LOT of potions. Was unable to return to Zander and like I said now can't access half of the group that I do have.

Did you follow the plot though? They have split. It's normal the other half is not available since they'll be busy on the other part of the world. +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Snowhite » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 am

Perhaps I lost the plot!

I knew that the group split for fights but certainly missed that 4 went somewhere else entirely. The last time I saw them was fighting large numbers of cats (a villain I grew to hate, by the way)

So - is there a way to fix my Pride and Luxury crew as I have Alex in the group who was absent and Jordan who is sick and the bear who hits well but dies easily even with stuff equipped. The other available members are basket, the rooster and the cow. Not sure if I have Cleo or not.

Was I supposed to have to go to the Majestic hotel twice and fight Ego there as well as hear about Pride and Luxury?
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 am

Snowhite wrote:Just was obliterated against Luxury and Pride.

Which mode are you playing?
And what equipment do you have? You said you don't have Barbara, so you don't have her Captain's Sword as well, but it can be purchased (in Izuka I believe). It's very costly, but an awesome sword.
Also, the Wittaland group kept fight that priests (don't remember their exact names), and they drop the War Sword, which is even better. They drop it very rarely, but it's worth fighting for it. Plus, the turtle like thingies there (Abomination?) drop the Carbocoate (?). This is also a great piece of equipment. If you grind for those items, you also level up quite well. Put the horse on travel mode, then it's faster too.
I personally also did that tower where Lo is in a lot of times for levelling up and making money.
Then eventually Luxury and Pride were not that hard (in Casual mode though!).

Indinera wrote:Did you follow the plot though? They have split. It's normal the other half is not available since they'll be busy on the other part of the world. +::O_o

But not against Luxury and Pride anymore. They should be reunited by then.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:25 am

Sorry I read AFTER beating them.
During the fights, you need to select characters will low or normal pride to confront the Pride demon, and then people (safe choice: women) who won't get trapped by the Luxury demon's attractiveness.
Otherwise if they fall in those categories, they become absent, controlled by the demons.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Snowhite » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks for writing back. It feels much less lonely!

Am playing RPG mode. Have never had this type of trouble before.

Don't have the horse and, like I said, don't have full access to the party. I bought the captains sword in Izuka cause i read about it. By the way, the other half of the party has turned up intermittently. I tried to change party members and it let me once and not once. The experience is becoming surreal. At least they turned up. Perhaps as a result of quitting the programme and then logging back in.

I have not yet gone to Wittaland or met turtles. I have also saved over most of the last 5 or 6 hours in frustration. Oops.

Do I need Barbara to survive these demons? Cause Zander seems a very long way back.

What tower is where Lo is? Haven't met him either.

Thanks muchly for your help
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:30 am

Oh dang, the party split comes AFTER the twins! Sorry, it's been a while since I played the game. Didn't mean to spoil. You'll find soon enough about Lo and also the turtles, hehehe! At least now you know that they drop cool stuff, so you can go for it!

Well, RPG mode is certainly much harder and of course you do need more restorative items.
As for that strange problem you have - all I can advise is to try and uninstall and then reinstall the game. Maybe even download it again to make sure you have the latest version.

You don't really [img]need[/img] Barbara, but she'll make your life much easier (after making it harder at first, lol). She's an awesome fighter at quite a high level when you get her and she brings a strong tiger.
The horse shows up at Fort Zenna at a certain point of the game (should be there by now). You should go get it as he'll gain a cool skill at lv 11 I think.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Snowhite » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 am

Would turn the difficulty down if I had a choice.

Can I still get Barbara after the twins? I do seem to need all the help i can get.
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:51 am

I really don't know. I guess it should still be possible when you return there, but I'm not sure. Could as well have been time limited. I always got her the first time when I was there.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:17 pm

I don't think you can get Barbara after defeating the twins, but probably later in the game, yes.
She is not crucial to your success though. Well trained characters are more important.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions