Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Questions Please help.

Questions Please help.

Postby Snowhite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Thank you for all who helped at my last set of game crises. I went back to a much earlier savegame. Got Barbara and Pacha and the game back to where I was was MUCH more fun. Now I am in Wittaland and have a lot more questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Spoiler: show
How do I kill the dragon in Wittaland?

What level should the party be to get through the pass in the north end of Wittaland? Have died a LOT by being paralyzed by 3 of the birs and 3 haunted ghosts. Have nothing that heals the whole party

I read somewhere in the forum (I think) that Randolf develops an ability to hit twice. What level does that occur at?

Are the houses of Ruu and/or Ras part of the plot

The travel ghost on ghost island gives me the opportunity to go two other places plus Wittaland - should I have gone there first? at all?

What level does Alex get level 2 or 3 of the fire spell she has?
Snowhite
Wanderer

Re: Questions Please help.

Postby littlebro » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:52 am

Do you have Jasmine or Melusine? If Melusine, who exactly is in your party? This will affect your strategy a lot, so it's not possible to give good advice not knowing that.

I'll start with your question 5.

Yes, definitely, without any hesitation turn round and go back. Here is an extract from my notes to myself.
97. Although this is optional, I strongly recommend that you do it and that you do it now. After the entrance you will have to fight your way up the Tower. If you go back down the stairs you are instantly at the ground level again and the enemies will regenerate – so a useful place to do some levelling up if needed and to try and harvest Heaven Jars, though they are not plentiful. They only regenerate until you have completed the Tower.

98. The Defenders of Lo are weak to status effects (except charm), but particularly the one included in their names, so Silent Defender of Lo is vulnerable to silence and so on. Teksab’s Rope of Pain will inflict paralysis about 80% of the time; Clea casts Cat-A-Strophe if she has it, if not, then cast Detract. Starting on level 7, they appear in groups. Levels 7 and 8 are 2, level 9 is 3; after that there are multiple Defenders, but they only appear one at a time until level 14 when you get one, then 2 together and then a group of 3.

99. On level 15 speak to the woman and answer ‘Yes’ and Princes Lo joins your party. The purple crystal behind her has a Magic Trinket. There is a chest with 1666g. Exit and return to Nivkaden to rest and save. Speak to Crystal for quest complete (Q22) and a Magic Trinket as a reward. Then choose to travel to Greenland.

Alex gets level 2 of her fire spell around 48, don't remember exactly.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 am

@Littlebro:
littlebro wrote:The Defenders of Lo are weak to status effects (except charm)

This is not 100% true. Some of them CAN be charmed - with a lower success rate though than paralyzis. However, for the group of 3 Defenders I always used Alex's spell that can charm the whole party, and when I was lucky it worked out.

@Snowhite: Replaying part of the game can be annoying, but mostly it really pays off! Glad you got Barbara now and can enjoy the game more!
As for your questions:
Don't do it now. You can return to Wittaland later in the game and it's much easier to beat him when you have all your characters available.

I don't think I ever levelled up much in TBOL, so you should be able to get past it (however, as I said before I never played RPG mode). Can't remember, but maybe there are pieces of equipments that prevent Paralyzis. That would certainly help.

Hm, only played with Randolf once, but I don't think he has a skill like that. I'd rather say it's a weapon that gives him double hit.

The orders are not mandatory for the game.

As Littlebro said, definitely do the other places first, especially the one with the unpronouncable name.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Snowhite » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:00 am

Hi

Playing on Rpg mode. Am about to do war on War and have Basket, Princess Lo, Randolf, Cleo, Bear and Alex in the party. Princess Lo is now level 33 and all others are around 44 or 45. I went and got the princess because i could not make through all the rounds set by War. Have been wandering around grinding in order to get the Princess up this high and I don't know if it is high enough for any of them. Suggestions on what level the troupe should be?

Thanks for the advice on the dragon. I will heed it.

I have not seen any pieces of equipment that prevent paralysis. It is an ugly thing.

So far have not found a weapon for Randolf that gives him a double hit. I did buy the Captains Sword for him and he became much better after that.

I need someone to have a spell that heals the whole group. So far no joy in that regard with this party. Have also been back to the store a couple of times to get a LOT of potions.

Thanks again for the help!
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:28 am

As far as I know, the only way to get a double hit weapon at this stage of the game is to win the human duo in the Colyseum and reload if necessary until you get Twin Edge. That's what I did, but I had my party at higher levels than you so that Alex already had her fire spell at Level 2.

Here is an extract from my notes to myself which look at general strategy for this area. I had the Slaughterer Gauntlet on Randolph so that he hit twice. Teksab with his Rope of Pain is good as he often inflicts paralysis.

109. Stock up well on healing items. Save at the priest in Crystalia and enter the Tower. Enemies here give good, through not plentiful, drops, so it is worth while wandering around to try and harvest some. Colossus Yaks are weaker to spells than to physical attacks, and may give you a Crystal Drop. Clea’s Bubble of Pain is good against them. When they start coming in groups the most effective is Alex’s Arabesque Infernal Lv2, but unless you are playing in casual mode that may be too heavy an MP drain for regular use. Abominations are weak to Princess Lo’s Arachne spell or Clea’s Bubble of Pain, and give Carbocoate, a very good accessory. Arcs of War are weak to Charm, Arachne or Bubble and give War Sword. Once you’ve got one with its Divine attribute, your fighter (Randolph/Zetta/Princess Lo) can deal with Arcs of War and Abominations more easily. My bear consistently inflicted more physical damage to Abominations and Colossus Yaks than almost anyone else (Boom was at lv46).

Hope this helps. I've checked through my notes thoroughly and I don't have anything which specifically refers to the party itself being afflicted with paralysis. Which enemy is doing this?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 am

Ah yes, it's the Slaughterer Gauntlet, not a weapon!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Snowhite » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Thanks for writing back.

I don't have the slaughterer gauntlet. Where should I have gotten it?

Teksab is level 44 and doesn't have Rope of Pain. Any idea as to what level he is when he gets it. Have been wandering around killing things. Alex now does have level 2 arabesque but it takes more than half of her mana to use it.

Have a LOT of War swords but didn't know that it was useful in this situation so will equip it.

It sounds like the level of my crew is just too low? sigh?????
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Snowhite » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:15 pm

PS. where is the colesseum?
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 pm

I'm sorry, can't remember where exactly I got the Slaughterer Gauntlet from.
And the Rope of Pain is also a weapon, not a spell, but again, not sure where it's from.
The collosseum is opposite of Zenna. The building to the left of the map.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Snowhite » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for writing back.

Found the gauntlet in a search here (sorry, should have done that first) and found that I missed it in the House of Fear!! Gosh, thought I had gone through there thoroughly but i guess not. Hope i can get back there when i get out of here.

Can't find where Rope of Pain is sold or found though.

Big sigh.

What level should i be in order to beat War without having lots of angst?
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:54 pm

At least two Ropes of Pain can be found in the House of Fear.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Snowhite » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks for writing back. I managed to avoid them both! Gosh. Can't go back while I am in Wittaland. Hopefully I can get them and the gauntlet before these guys go to battle again.
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:27 am

Because I'm suffering from insominia, so have a bit of spare time, here is my note about where to find the Slaughter Gauntlet in the House of Fear.

Return to the entrance area. The path up has nothing Go right, the chest has a Strength Trinket. Continue right to the end for a chest with a Spirit Liquor. Return and go up. Go right and up the stairs to the next screen. Go left and check the broken pot for one of the best bits of gear in the game – the Slaughterer Gauntlet.

And for the Rope of Pain, go up 3 sets of stairs from the entrance. On that floor:
47. The room above has nothing. Go right and up into the room. The right pile of stones has a Resistance Trinket. Return and continue right and up to the top for a chest with a Rope of Pain (weapon for Teksab. Despite the change in overall stats, its affliction of ‘paralysed’ makes it worth it ).

And for the second one, go up the stairs again (now you're on the floor where you fought the Demon) and
48. Ignore the blue flame for the moment. The bucket near the top left has an Intelligence Trinket. Collect the chests at the top with a Horn of Mayhem (accessory) and a Manticore Kanmuri (helmet, one of the few that Melusine can equip). The large stone pile on the right has a Rope of Pain.

If you replay the game again - which I strongly recommend as there are so many variations you can do - that second one is useful for e.g. Alex, or you can see it for a decent sum of money.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Snowhite » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks for the info. Sorry you have had trouble sleeping.

Either I am doing something very wrong, or there is a lot of grinding required to get high enough not to die horrible deaths.

Is there a point after the second trip to Zander that i will be able to go get the items at the House of Fear or is that long past? Is there a point where I will get a chance to find the colyseum and try my luck there? Don't know how I missed it.
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:15 am

Yes, you will be able to get back to both places.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Next

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions