Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Code for Castle

Code for Castle

Postby Snowhite » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:10 am

Have gone to the Lost continent with the fisherman but he hasn't offered up the code to the castle.

Am I in the wrong spot? if so, which fisherman should i be talking to? thanks in advance
Snowhite
Wanderer

Re: Code for Castle

Postby littlebro » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:41 am

Is this the code to get into Ol'Slainthe Castle? If so, it isn't a fisherman who has the code. There are two ways. there is the late game way - which is the one you seem to be talking about - which is this:

Spoiler: show
If you have not yet done the Ol’Slainthe Castle, go there with Luis in the party. Enter the main building, go up the stairs and speak to the guard on the left; he will tell you how many years ago the castle was built. That is the code to enter the locked gate.

However, there is also a way of getting the code much, much earlier. Here is an extract of my notes to myself. I have included the paragraphs before so that you can see exactly where you need to be:
Spoiler: show
171. The large stone pile in the NE corner of the outer courtyard, next to the camp fire, has a Healing Potion. The broken jar in the SW corner has a Spirit Liquor. Go through the door at the top. The small stone pile on the right by the pillar has a Strength Trinket. Go up; the small stone pile top right has a Healing Potion. Go up the stairs. Speak to the guard on the left (Dagmar). Later in the game, if you have a new character in your party he will tell you how many years it is since the castle was built. There is nothing else here; exit to the courtyard.

172. You have a choice on how to access the area where there are goodies and items. The ‘easy’ way can’t be done for some time as it needs a character you haven’t got yet. The ‘hard’ way (which Indinera didn’t expect people to find) needs you to be very attentive about the contents of a chest, which is why I’m mentioning it now. When you open the chest, note carefully the number of coins it gives. This will be a random number. If you choose to wait, the number will be the number given to you by Dagmar, which is the same random number as the coins.

173. Go up to the hole in the wall in the NW corner. The chest in question is directly in front of you. Continue up to the locked gate. The code is the number of coins in the chest; enter it and go up.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Snowhite » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:59 am

Thanks LittleBro

Once again you are a life saver. I am late in the game. It would NEVER have occurred to me that Luis was the key to getting in there. Was there a clue somewhere I missed?

Many thanks again.
Snowhite
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:20 am

Snowhite wrote:Thanks LittleBro

Was there a clue somewhere I missed?

Many thanks again.

I honestly can't remember now how I discovered that.
You're welcome.
littlebro
Ranger

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions