Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Kind of stuck in the desert - asking for advices

Kind of stuck in the desert - asking for advices

Postby jouishy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:19 am

Hi!

In my current game, I've just killed the demon of fear and took the boat to the desert. I have in my team Melusine, Zara and Zetta, Clea, Teksab, Hans, Boom and Rosario. My characters are between level 20 and 29 (except Rosario lvl 9). I must say I have some hard times dealing with the monsters in the desert and the wood. They deal damage corresponding to 75% of my hp for half my team; about 50% for Melusine and Jordan.

So I'm wondering if I should simply train in the desert or if I should reload an old save (50 minutes earlier) before I cross the sea to train, gain gold and buy better equipment.

What do you think?
jouishy
Peasant

Re: Kind of stuck in the desert - asking for advices

Postby flavie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:44 pm

(Did you try the arena Colyseum to get nice equipment? all your characters can do it by team (the guy explains it there)
The Colyseum resets each time you killed a demon (to do it one more time with all characters)

Bees are beaten with magic, good resistance is required to last longer in a battle.
At Zander don't miss the sidequest of the secret forest from the inn to get a new character and animal.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby jouishy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:08 pm

No, I haven't been to the coliseum (well, haven't participate I should say). It seemed to hard for my level, but thanks, I'll go try this (unfortunately, I can't load before the battle with the demon, I don't have that save anymore).

I don't have that much difficulty killing the ennemies. The problem is really the damage they do to me. Zetta (or Zara?) and the bear deal high physical damage, killing most ennemies in two attacks... when they are not killed before.

I also noticed I forgot to go back to the house of fear to talk to the monk. So it will worth it that I go back a little bit behind and start over this part.

Thanks for your help.
jouishy
Peasant

Postby flavie » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:40 am

I couldn't succeed anything at the colyseum the first time. And Yu can be recuited once you have defeated the demon, on the way back! The silent guy. On the way back for sure, i missed him in my playthrough.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby jouishy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:58 am

I think I misunderstood.
I went back in the house of fear and couldn't find the monk. So were you telling me that you must take him absolutely on your way back or you will miss him for the game?
jouishy
Peasant

Postby flavie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes, that's it.
Among the goodies you can choose to play with all human characters from the start of the game. I've stared it after my first playthrough, bur I won't play all the game this time.

Goodies are at the" Goodies and Discussions" topic.
flavie
Explorer

Postby jouishy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Ok thanks.
I won't take the goodie since it would be like cheating for a first playthrough. I'll be warned for my next playthrough so I can get that monk.

Thanks for your answer.
jouishy
Peasant

Postby jouishy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:26 am

flavie wrote:(Did you try the arena Colyseum to get nice equipment? all your characters can do it by team (the guy explains it there)
The Colyseum resets each time you killed a demon (to do it one more time with all characters)

Bees are beaten with magic, good resistance is required to last longer in a battle.
At Zander don't miss the sidequest of the secret forest from the inn to get a new character and animal.

I only succeed at the coliseum twice (with Jordan and Melusine and with Jordan, Rosario and Boom). Well, I mean, long enough to get a prize. But I trained in the house of fear until Zetta and Zara were level 30, got many gigaconda skins which sells well so I could get better equipment. With that, I was alright for Zander.

I got through the forest and took the bird there.

Should I go directly to the hotel of ascension now or should I go east for the sidequests?

I went back to the main city of Zander to heal up a bit. My magic points were very low. Now, I'm good to go back.
jouishy
Peasant

Postby flavie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 pm

With all your training you might be better next times at the Colyseum. :)

The eagle ooo he's at Serpentine Woods. The secret forest is found among the trees North-East from Vela Dermelha, (inn keeper quest to find the rogue) There, at a consumed fire you'll be fought by Barbara and her tiger, tough fight!

You can go directly to the hotel of Ascension I think. I remember I've went east first though, I forgot what are the sidequests rewards. You can do part of the Hotel (like 2 floors) and do the east, then go back at the Hotel. +::whistle
Before going on the Hotel and such get Barbara.
flavie
Explorer

Postby jouishy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks for the advices. I tend to miss those "secret places" (they are well named : secret). In fact, the battle with Barbara was easy with my team. She seems though, but I decided to not use her yet. Her level is "far" beyond my other characters, so I'll keep them going up a bit before switching (she is level 41, the tiger is 37 and my highest character is 35). I even took a weaker party to do the temple of the great sleeper (Zetta, Zara, Clea and Rosario).

As for going to the east, it is impossible right now. If I try, Jordan says something like "I have a quest to do in Zander". Also, the assassins in there are pretty though!
jouishy
Peasant

Postby flavie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:22 am

The east is Ardeth, the land of thieves, it's for later.
flavie
Explorer

Postby jouishy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:39 am

Well, it's good I haven't died going there. It is promising for later. :)
jouishy
Peasant

Postby littlebro » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:13 am

Though there is a sneaky way of using that tiny stretch of the eastern desert that you can access now.

Just walking backwards and forwards along it (okay, a bit tedious, but...) is a superb way of leveling up quickly and getting a lot of gold.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby jouishy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:55 am

Thanks for the advice. For now, I don't really need to train more though, but it can become handy later I suppose.

Hmm, that being said, I'm quite confused about that :

How this is even possible?!
Should I do something differently to avoid that loss?
jouishy
Peasant

Postby littlebro » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:17 pm

All the game can do is compare your stats after you level up with your stats immediately before you level up. If you have any sort of buff applied (Intelligence up, agility up, it doesn't matter which), then that is the figure it is comparing. It will, therefore, look like it's going down, because it's in red, but it's not really. It's just less than the battle enhanced stat. It will be more than the stats for the previous level.
littlebro
Ranger

Next

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions