Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S ELENDIA CEUS IS OUT!!!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S ELENDIA CEUS IS OUT!!!!!!!

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 am

Can you please send me your savefile?
aldorlea@googlemail.com
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Katie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Hey Indy

Why do you want me to send you my save file? I don't mind it being like that, I was just curious. And the funny part about it is that I took it off of Soleil and put it Jack and it's not leveling as fast as it did with Soleil. Could a couple of codes be off on Soleil, I don't know just bringing up an idea and probable a lame one lol. And if you still would like me to send you my game file, (I'm on windows eight). Note. I located the game file but I don't see the save file in there. Normally it says
'savfile 01 I belive.
Last edited by Katie on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katie
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:15 pm

I checked the code, it seems clear.
Savefiles should be there:
C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\Elendia Ceus
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Katie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi Indy Okay here is my game file. Which file on here please would be my save file. Which one would be my save file? The 'Game.rgssad' one? Also I took a screen of the actual game and you can see how she is level 32 and the rest are only 19. I have the Eye on Jack now and was going to switch it around. My apologies for being thick about this, but I am used to Windows 7. Then once I have my save file how do I send it to you? Thank you Indy :)

Katie
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:14 pm

This is not a savefile. Savefiles are like this:
Save1.rxdata
Save2.rxdata

etc.

and located here:
C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\Elendia Ceus

Please send your latest one as a file attachment to my email aldorlea@googlemail.com
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby blitzen » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Katie wrote:
blitzen wrote:I'm still considering whether to buy this game or not, but I have to say the screenshots of the character art are a huge turnoff for me. I'm tired of seeing female characters with enormous, very badly rendered breasts and improbable underwear. Blah. And I say this as someone who has bought and enjoyed almost every game Aldorlea has put out. +::Annoyed

I agree wholeheartedly with Indy. Neither one has over sized breasts. Indy drew both of those girls extremely well, and as I stated, Annie is an awesome main character. I'm 55 and don't find them offensive. I've been playing RPG's for 30 years and I know what you are talking about, but this game isn't like that in the least. You want to see the meaning of over sized breasts? Go on Second Life, (secondlife.com, virtual world) and see how quite a few women have their avatars with knockers three times the size of Beth (Dawg the Bounty Hunter's wife) and they pulsate. Now that to me is totally disgusting. Also this is a fantastic game, sorry you want to miss it. I mean in all fairness when do you see the MC like she is in the screenshot in the actual game. You don't. All you see is a 2 inch size sprite.

*shrug* My first reaction may have been a bit harsh, but I'm not going to apologize for my opinion. Indinera is always asking for feedback on his games, including the art, so that's what I think. The screenshots are supposed to make people more interested in buying the game, not put them off. I see the screenshot has actually been modified since I made my comment. +::lol I'm sure the game itself is fun, Indy's games generally are. I also feel like $19.99 for only 20 hours of gameplay is a bit steep, so that's another reason to give this one a miss. I may very well change my mind, we'll see.
blitzen
Bard

Postby Katie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:18 pm

O.k. I hope hope hope. I found my save files like I said %appdata% and then I sent it to My Documents so I can as an insert like you said so I could send it to you. Thank you for taking the time and jogging my 55 year old memory on how to do this again. +::biggrin If I did something wrong I will check back here periodically and see what's going on. Again Indy, thank you.
Katie
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Indinera is always asking for feedback on his games, including the art, so that's what I think.

What bothers me is that you are judging "the art in the game" based on the artwork of a single character (which, as it happens, is not even in the main party). I find it very unfair to the overall content of the game.
Let's put it clearly: there are 3 girls, one of them has small breasts, one mid, and one big. Seems quite balanced to me, no? There are also 3 men in this game, one of them is very muscular and bare-chested. I believe there is an overall balance in the artworks that doesn't deserve your "harsh reaction".

The screenshots are supposed to make people more interested in buying the game, not put them off. I see the screenshot has actually been modified since I made my comment. +::lol

I added a second girl character to make my point clearer, but the red-haired one was always there, as well as the male one.

I'm sure the game itself is fun, Indy's games generally are. I also feel like $19.99 for only 20 hours of gameplay is a bit steep, so that's another reason to give this one a miss. I may very well change my mind, we'll see.

20 hours may be lowballing it (yeah I'm too honest I guess). Katie's savefile shows 17 hours and she is not even in the middle of the game. I think I'll edit it to 30h since a lot of players are likely to be closed to this total.
Compared to what other devs give in terms of length/price, you can hardly find better than me.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Katie wrote:O.k. I hope hope hope. I found my save files like I said %appdata% and then I sent it to My Documents so I can as an insert like you said so I could send it to you. Thank you for taking the time and jogging my 55 year old memory on how to do this again. +::biggrin If I did something wrong I will check back here periodically and see what's going on. Again Indy, thank you.

Got the savefile and tried it. Unfortunately for my debugging it seems everything is fine now. I equipped Soleil with The Eye and she received an appropriate amount of XP. Let me know if you can replicate this glitch. I'm tempted to think it was a hiccup from the software or something... cuz really the code involving The Eye is clean. Or maybe it happened during a specific moment or in a specific place of the game?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Katie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Yes I remember too. Right at the beginning of the game when Vi dropped Annie off to go to the temple, I fought the Harpies and saw they were dropping medicinal droughts. So I fought with Annie to collect some money and droughts. I had gotten Annie up to level 6. When I got Soleil and the Eye I equipped Sol with the Eye because it said I believe 17 INT. I fought some and then when I went to use a couple of droughts I noticed Sol was a level 12 and Annie 10. Next thing I knew she was 5 levels past Annie and that's when I wrote you and was wondering if an item had an EXP booster and that's when you told me the Eye does. So that's when I told you my other 3 party members are 19 and she is 32. So I sent you my save file. Thanks to you lol. Does that help some? Oh and btw, you might of seen it in the save that I am on my way to that cave that starts with an 'A'.
Katie
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Yeah, to Abismo. So when did the 13-level difference happen?
10-12 is still okay-ish, even a 5-level difference is possible with The Eye on, but 13 is just too much.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Katie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:23 pm

I could almost bet my bottom dollar it was around when we got Mick in the prison. She went up some in Anchor Bay, but started going good when we met Mick and started fighting with him. Cause I remember I was fight with Mick, Annie, and Sol leveling some and to get some Grogs and then I would see by the time I was done there after getting 97 grog she was level 27. Then when we con't she up to that 32 and I stopped there.
Last edited by Katie on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katie
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:25 pm

Katie wrote:I could almost bet my bottom dollar it was around when we got Mick in the prison. She went up some in Anchor Bay, but started going good when we met Mick and started fighting with him.

Anchor Bay is a town, so I presume you mean Aurora Point?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Katie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Yes. Where we fought the Jester. My bad and I wrote some more above your post lol Side note I second your statement:

"Compared to what other devs give in terms of length/price, you can hardly find better than me."
Katie
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks (for the last comment ^^)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Elendia Ceus - Help and Questions