Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Book of Legends fanart

Book of Legends fanart

Postby D_A » Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am

Listen to me ramble! +::YAY
So. I honestly loved the fact that Jordan has that evil demon overlord's face because it's rare to have a hero with such a crazy-evil face. But then in the end he stopped being a demon and turns into your regular "dashing" handsome hero.
I was disappoint +::cry
Seriously, his demon face was EPIC. I know that's the default samurai RTP and ever since I first saw the RTP's release in my head he is forever demon!Nobunaga Oda, but still! (don't mind me, the Warring States era of Japan fascinates me greatly)

Well, I guess you guys would get "OMG SO CREEPY!!!" complaints from customers if you'd kept him a demon until the wedding. I don't blame ya. Not everyone is like me and find scary creepy bearded old evil demon overlords to be fascinating characters.

So have Jordan and Jasmine with Jordan still in his demon face because I WANT IT THAT WAY *Backstreet Boys music plays in the background* +::music .

PICTURE BEHIND THE SPOILER TO SPARE YOUR INNOCENT EYES, WOOT WOOT.

Spoiler: show
D_A
Peasant

Re: Book of Legends fanart

Postby Indinera » Fri May 24, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks for the pic. It is really good and will be featured.
I take it you married Jasmine aha.

I usually ensure my characters are unique (all my other games have charas designed specially for them) but I thought the samurai ones looked so great, I immediately wanted to make an *epic* game with them. TBOL is probably never changing at this point as I honestly think it works well with those characters. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri May 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Great piece of artwork, D_A. +::clap
Out of these two, I still prefer Jasmine, though. +::biggrin
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri May 24, 2013 4:04 pm

And out of all 4 women he can try to marry? :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Fri May 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Both are great in that artwork, great work. :) And the purple and blue lights in their hairs are so cool, a nice touch. +::Thumbup
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby D_A » Fri May 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Indinera wrote:Thanks for the pic. It is really good and will be featured.
I take it you married Jasmine aha.

I usually ensure my characters are unique (all my other games have charas designed specially for them) but I thought the samurai ones looked so great, I immediately wanted to make an *epic* game with them. TBOL is probably never changing at this point as I honestly think it works well with those characters. :)

Oooh, featured? Featured where? +::biggrin

Yes, I did, because she's the only girl out of the date options that I actually like, heh.

Aaand I don't have a problem with the characters being default from the Samurai RTP. It just feels a little weird because they're all very Japanese but their names aren't. And also because I already noticed half of these people are knockoffs of historical figures I can't unsee it. So in my head they're still "hitorical guy XYZ" instead of characters, unlike Ralph and co from the VX/Ace regular RTP :razz:

D-Squall wrote:Both are great in that artwork, great work. :) And the purple and blue lights in their hairs are so cool, a nice touch. +::Thumbup

Their hair actually looks like that in the game, you know? I'm just doing the same thing the original artist did.
D_A
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Fri May 24, 2013 5:54 pm

D_A wrote:Their hair actually looks like that in the game, you know? I'm just doing the same thing the original artist did.

Never noticed that until now. +::biggrin Just checked in the game and that was really there. lol
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sat May 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Oooh, featured? Featured where? +::biggrin

This topic:
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=7385

:)

Yes, I did, because she's the only girl out of the date options that I actually like, heh.

Jasmine is the best choice in the game so good one. +::Thumbup

Aaand I don't have a problem with the characters being default from the Samurai RTP. It just feels a little weird because they're all very Japanese but their names aren't. And also because I already noticed half of these people are knockoffs of historical figures I can't unsee it. So in my head they're still "hitorical guy XYZ" instead of characters, unlike Ralph and co from the VX/Ace regular RTP

To me they rang no bell at all so I fully embraced them, given how great they looked. And now TBOL is one of my most successful games so I don't regret this move at all. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D_A » Sun May 26, 2013 3:45 am

I know, I know! It's just me and my fascination with Japanese history +:oops: It's like how I keep on seeing Aveyond characters in movies/other games/manga/anime/whatever +::biggrin

And I do love TBOL. I picked this game up so soon after I played "Drunken Paladin" and I ended up having this habit of button-mashing the spacebar near every single darned object ever. So when I found my first hidden event in TBOL, I got this niggling obsession to check every single darned hole and nook and crany and every time I find something that I cannot access I mark them up and go back there every time I pick up a new person in the party and so it took me forever to finish the game. I can only imagine how complicated these event commands must have been :razz:

Jordan and Anebriate from Drunken Paladin are so similar in character. And they're both RTP characters too. They should meet. Maybe I'll draw that next time.

And now you had me suspecting hidden events in every single game you put out, Indy! +::biggrin I seriously button-mash near every single object ever and so when I play your demos I hardly ever managed to get anywhere by the time the demo ran out because I spent so much time checking any impassable object for events +::YAY
D_A
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun May 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Ahah, that's good in a way, although tbh TBOL is one of my most interactive game. Maybe also the Laxius saga.
I guess the players would tell you more on the matter, I've kinda forgotten what I put in each game individually. :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Sun May 26, 2013 1:33 pm

D_A wrote:And now you had me suspecting hidden events in every single game you put out, Indy! +::biggrin

You are right to suspect hidden events in every game - they all have them!!
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Tomas » Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 am

Indinera wrote:And out of all 4 women he can try to marry? :)

Still the same answer. I just have a weak spot for Jasmine. :)
Tomas
Ranger

Postby D_A » Thu May 30, 2013 5:45 am

littlebro wrote:
D_A wrote:And now you had me suspecting hidden events in every single game you put out, Indy! +::biggrin

You are right to suspect hidden events in every game - they all have them!!

Oh yes, I'm quite well aware by now. I picked up quite a lot of items from checking every single barrel and cupboard in Moonchild.
D_A
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri May 31, 2013 4:22 pm

I hope you make a fanart of Moonchild too now. :))
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D_A » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Maybe I will XD
I have this big dump of demos and homemade games I picked up from the Lemmasoft forums and RPG Maker Web and I'm playing through them and I think I've forgotten what I have/haven't played OMG +::fear
I don't even remember what happened the last time I played Moonchild, LOL. Need to take a refresher playthrough. It's still the basic one, though, not the upgraded one. Is there extended gameplay in the upgrade? I might want to restart my playthrough with that.
D_A
Peasant

Next

Return to Aldorlea Fanarts and Fanfictions