Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Deal

Re: New RPG: The Deal

Postby darkange » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm

@Orfeas I kept getting "TheDeal-Demo.exe" file whenever I click on Download .... the fie with the name "The Deal - Demo_boxed.exe" does not appear at all ... how do I get that one ?

Edit : fount it on your website .. nvm I am trying it out now.

Edit 2: nop .. still lags a lot ... this is ridiculous ... I have a quad core processor ... 4 giga ram and a very high end graphic card ... some of the new games from 2016 who occupify gigas of space on Hard drive works on my pc without problems ... and this one lags lol . It makes no sense to me at all.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:08 pm

darkange wrote:@Orfeas I kept getting "TheDeal-Demo.exe" file whenever I click on Download .... the fie with the name "The Deal - Demo_boxed.exe" does not appear at all ... how do I get that one ?

Edit 2: nop .. still lags a lot ... this is ridiculous ... I have a quad core processor ... 4 giga ram and a very high end graphic card ... some of the new games from 2016 who occupify gigas of space on Hard drive works on my pc without problems ... and this one lags lol . It makes no sense to me at all.

Hi! Sorry you are lagging and... it's not ridiculous, it's actually quite normal. If a game engine doesn't work well enough on low and high end setups, it's obvious that the games that are produced by it will not run optimally, neither. RPGMaker is not an optimally made engine. For the record AAA games are easier to be run, since they are extremely optimised and made by great game engines.

Edit: Change the FPS Synch Option and see if it works (close and reopen the game after change, please). This option is there because we tried to optimise the game as much as possible.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Elyona » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:02 pm

+::sos Does anyone know how I finish charging the Crystalline Blade? I charged it once from the crystal in the Old Caves, but don't know where to go from there.
Elyona
Wanderer

Lag gone in Demo version. Full version feedback?

Postby kimo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:40 pm

I just downloaded the demo from the designer's web site and the battle lagging seems to be gone for me. It previously behaved as if a clocking or interrupt problem was the culprit on my laptop. It is still a bit slow, but my CPU speed is just below the RPGmaker MV requirements.

The slowness is acceptable (lagging was not), so I would like to buy the game. BUT, what has been everyone else's experience who had the lag problem resolved by the demo update. Is the game running with no lagging in the full paid version?

I got more game shutdowns after the update, but I save often after being an Indi customer for years.

aloha,
kimo
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby sahmhappy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Elyona wrote:+::sos Does anyone know how I finish charging the Crystalline Blade? I charged it once from the crystal in the Old Caves, but don't know where to go from there.

Hi,

The second step in charging the Crystalline Blade is to revisit the Chaac's Mountain Range then:

Spoiler: show
1. Step into the gate.
2. Go to the upper right crypt and down the ladder.
3. Step into the first blue light to travel to the other side.
4. Follow the red arrows till you can access the arrow that takes you to the green light.
5. Touch the crystal and fight the Rainbow Crystal Dragon.

Congratulations! You now have a Charged Blade. Remember to save:)
sahmhappy
Bard

Postby darkange » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:34 am

OrfeasGS wrote:
darkange wrote:@Orfeas I kept getting "TheDeal-Demo.exe" file whenever I click on Download .... the fie with the name "The Deal - Demo_boxed.exe" does not appear at all ... how do I get that one ?

Hi! Sorry you are lagging and... it's not ridiculous, it's actually quite normal. If a game engine doesn't work well enough on low and high end setups, it's obvious that the games that are produced by it will not run optimally, neither. RPGMaker is not an optimally made engine. For the record AAA games are easier to be run, since they are extremely optimised and made by great game engines.

Edit: Change the FPS Synch Option and see if it works (close and reopen the game after change, please). This option is there because we tried to optimise the game as much as possible.

by chaging the FPS sunch option I assume you mean turning it to "OFF" ... I did that and now it seems the lag battle has reduced dramatically but I still have the lag menu ... it becomes unbearable to equip an item or to navigate through menu ... I still can't play like this.

I remember reading in one of your posts that as soon as you change the area it clears out the cache or something and you are free of lag menu for a few tries .... but the lag goes back on then .... so it's too hard to play like this. I like to navigate fast and easy when I equip something and I look through my items and in games like this I do it very frequently.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:41 pm

kimo wrote:I just downloaded the demo from the designer's web site and the battle lagging seems to be gone for me. It previously behaved as if a clocking or interrupt problem was the culprit on my laptop. It is still a bit slow, but my CPU speed is just below the RPGmaker MV requirements.

The slowness is acceptable (lagging was not), so I would like to buy the game. BUT, what has been everyone else's experience who had the lag problem resolved by the demo update. Is the game running with no lagging in the full paid version?

I got more game shutdowns after the update, but I save often after being an Indi customer for years.

aloha,
kimo

Hello! Thank you for considering supporting us! I want to inform you that all the fixes and tweaks we implemented in the demo, were first and foremost implemented in the full version, so if you are content with how the demo runs, you will be content with full version, too. However I suggest you wait for some feedback from other people that had the same problem as you. :)
Keep in mind that an engine's system requirements are never its games' requirements. Games need a lot more resources. (even if you can run RpgMakerMV, that doesn't mean that you can run its games)

darkange wrote:
OrfeasGS wrote:

by chaging the FPS sunch option I assume you mean turning it to "OFF" ... I did that and now it seems the lag battle has reduced dramatically but I still have the lag menu ... it becomes unbearable to equip an item or to navigate through menu ... I still can't play like this.

I remember reading in one of your posts that as soon as you change the area it clears out the cache or something and you are free of lag menu for a few tries .... but the lag goes back on then .... so it's too hard to play like this. I like to navigate fast and easy when I equip something and I look through my items and in games like this I do it very frequently.

Hello! Really sorry for the issues you're having, but we cannot do anything more untill the RpgMakerMV engine itself gets an update addressing the RAM overflow. This is not a consistent problem; some people have it some don't. That's why we have a very demanding, technically and visually, demo. After playing it, you will certainly know if you are able to run the full game or not.
We all want lagless games and GUIs, but it's not easy to do with RpgMakerMV, since it has still probems with memory handling (hence the menu problem).
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 am

I decided to play through again to get the demonic ending. The first time through, while searching for the 4 crystal fragments in the final castle, Myrella jumped into a small side portion, grabbed a rope, and helped her fellow adventurers into the area. Donna pushed a boulder out of the way, there was a golden square, despite having Jonathan equipped with his ancient glasses, no interaction.

My half-hearted second attempt from a previously saved game failed as I must have done something wrong (perhaps because I entered an area even though I left before the final kill) and I still got the same beneficence ending, I somehow came into possession of the Book of Truth (a bit better than the Book of Times, I think), and the group did interact with that golden square.

Now I'm going through again from scratch, taking detailed notes as I go. Jonathan has not found his Book of Truth and there is no interaction with the golden square. So, my questions are: "Is that golden square somehow connected to the Book of Truth" and "Is the Book of Truth a random item or did I miss a step?"

Gotta say, repeating the game helps to remember seemingly meaningless conversations and Jonathan happilly shed his Secret Ritual Robe for the Malaver's Chiton. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:26 am

Lady JJ wrote:I decided to play through again to get the demonic ending. The first time through, while searching for the 4 crystal fragments in the final castle, Myrella jumped into a small side portion, grabbed a rope, and helped her fellow adventurers into the area. Donna pushed a boulder out of the way, there was a golden square, despite having Jonathan equipped with his ancient glasses, no interaction.

My half-hearted second attempt from a previously saved game failed as I must have done something wrong (perhaps because I entered an area even though I left before the final kill) and I still got the same beneficence ending, I somehow came into possession of the Book of Truth (a bit better than the Book of Times, I think), and the group did interact with that golden square.

Now I'm going through again from scratch, taking detailed notes as I go. Jonathan has not found his Book of Truth and there is no interaction with the golden square. So, my questions are: "Is that golden square somehow connected to the Book of Truth" and "Is the Book of Truth a random item or did I miss a step?"

Gotta say, repeating the game helps to remember seemingly meaningless conversations and Jonathan happilly shed his Secret Ritual Robe for the Malaver's Chiton. :)

Gotta say, I never expected anyone to find Malaver's Chiton! You are a very dedicated and amazing player! +::heart

Let me clarify some details:

For the Book of Truth:
It's the most powerful weapon for Jonathan (not amazing, but it's something). It's not randomised. If you interact (read) all the lore books and pages you find during your travels, the Demonomicon (the book you took from the Academy) will be transformed into the Book of Truth. In general, only Donna's legendary weapon is randomised (from the Treasure Chest item).

For the golden pad in the Forgotten Castle:
It actually does nothing. It's just to further strengthen the idea of continuation of the castle throughout the dimensions. There's a double-crate, next to the panel, though, with an interesting item. To be able to spot the item, you will have to interact with the Green Panel in the Demonic Castle (with Jonathan's Ancient Glasses). It's just "go back and forth between the dimensions". EDIT: I just checked if there's a problem with the code, but all's clean.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 am

OrfeasGS wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I decided to play through again to get the demonic ending. The first time through, while searching for the 4 crystal fragments in the final castle, Myrella jumped into a small side portion, grabbed a rope, and helped her fellow adventurers into the area. Donna pushed a boulder out of the way, there was a golden square, despite having Jonathan equipped with his ancient glasses, no interaction.

Gotta say, I never expected anyone to find Malaver's Chiton! You are a very dedicated and amazing player! +::heart

Let me clarify some details:

For the Book of Truth:
It's the most powerful weapon for Jonathan (not amazing, but it's something). It's not randomised. If you interact (read) all the lore books and pages you find during your travels, the Demonomicon (the book you took from the Academy) will be transformed into the Book of Truth. In general, only Donna's legendary weapon is randomised (from the Treasure Chest item).

For the golden pad in the Forgotten Castle:
It actually does nothing. It's just to further strengthen the idea of continuation of the castle throughout the dimensions. There's a double-crate, next to the panel, though, with an interesting item. To be able to spot the item, you will have to interact with the Green Panel in the Demonic Castle (with Jonathan's Ancient Glasses). It's just "go back and forth between the dimensions". EDIT: I just checked if there's a problem with the code, but all's clean.

Yup, I hadn't progressed far enough before (the back and forth part) before asking about the golden pad. I just came back to say I have the orb now, but thanks for the clarification about the Book of Truth.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:50 pm

I spent some time opening treasure chests and made a list of what I found. Some items are much better than others, so it may be worth your time to save before opening a chest and then reloading until you get one of the better items. Donna, especially, benefits greatly from what can be found in the treasure chests.

Pretty good, but not the best, items
Spatha
Rapier
Kopis
Robe of Protection
Ceremonial Robe
Demonic Hat
Crystal Armor
Decorated Shield
Academic Boots
Robe of the Wind
Ancient Magic Robe
Ancient Magic Book
Hat of Protection
1500G

Best Items
Book of Times (Jonathan), Book of Truth is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Chaac's Mace (Donna)
Sword of Light (Cyrus), Charged Sword is better but you can't get that until near end of game
Carca's National Hat (Donna)
Crystal Shield (Donna)
Ceremonial Hat (Myrella and Jonathan)
Secret Ritual Robe (Myrella and Jonathan), replace with Malaver's Chiton near end of game
Divine Gloves (Jonathan-Holy Judgement)
Promethean Torch (Myrella-Prometheus' Revenge)
Traveler's Headband (Cyrus)
Ancient Carcan Armor (Donna)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 pm

I've gone through the game twice, but I still have questions

Labrynth
What does the blue orb do after solving 3rd labrynth puzzle?

Alternative Ending
2 clues lead to the so-called demonic ending
1-Book in Temple of Light states "Accepting demon's gifts give you one"
2-Demonicon Book states "Allowing the witches to live gives you one point"
That's 2 points. But the sign outside the Newly Discovered Ruins says "Deal=3". Is there a third point, or are the witches 1 point each? I ask because I restarted a game from scratch, did not enter either haven of the two witches, accepted Jarah's gifts on both encounters, and I still didn't get a different ending.

Quest or no quest
Is there a quest connected to the farm boy who wishes he were a sailor?

Just have to say that I really loved this game because (1) there was a great storyline with endearing characters (though I wish Zack's character had been fleshed out just a bit more), (2) the dungeons were extremely manageable, some larger than others, but none so massive you had no idea where you were, and (3) the puzzles were challenging without being totally unsolvable unless you had a MENSA IQ level. I am totally looking forward to further games from this developer.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I've gone through the game twice, but I still have questions

Labrynth
What does the blue orb do after solving 3rd labrynth puzzle?

Alternative Ending
2 clues lead to the so-called demonic ending
1-Book in Temple of Light states "Accepting demon's gifts give you one"
2-Demonicon Book states "Allowing the witches to live gives you one point"
That's 2 points. But the sign outside the Newly Discovered Ruins says "Deal=3". Is there a third point, or are the witches 1 point each? I ask because I restarted a game from scratch, did not enter either haven of the two witches, accepted Jarah's gifts on both encounters, and I still didn't get a different ending.

Quest or no quest
Is there a quest connected to the farm boy who wishes he were a sailor?

Just have to say that I really loved this game because (1) there was a great storyline with endearing characters (though I wish Zack's character had been fleshed out just a bit more), (2) the dungeons were extremely manageable, some larger than others, but none so massive you had no idea where you were, and (3) the puzzles were challenging without being totally unsolvable unless you had a MENSA IQ level. I am totally looking forward to further games from this developer.

Thank you so much for your amazing compliments! All the antagonists were going to have backstories and you would get memory fragments from them to finish your memory book. Unfortunately, we had to cut a lot of story content to release the game in time.

For your questions:
Theodora's Labyrinth
The blue orb can be put into a specific column in the forest, just south of the Mountain Ruins. An archeologists opens this forest for you to find his books. This forest also has the Herbalist recurring quest. Reward for finding this: 2 Treasure Chest.

Alternative Ending
The third step is to accept Jarah's deal, hence the name of the game and beat the other boss, which is more powerful than him. The actual ending is the same, though. Only the boss fight changes and some text. When you are at the end, speak with Jarah, not the Goddess. (there were plans for 3 different endings with actual different endings)

Quest or no quest
No quest. :D

EDIT: The Alternative ending, doesn't work for some reason. I'll inform Orfeas about this. I think there's a checking variable missing. The update shouldn't affect your current save file and you will be able to fight the alternative boss if you are eligible to do so. This will take one or two days, I think.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:53 am

OrfeasGS wrote:
EDIT: The Alternative ending, doesn't work for some reason. I'll inform Orfeas about this. I think there's a checking variable missing. The update shouldn't affect your current save file and you will be able to fight the alternative boss if you are eligible to do so. This will take one or two days, I think.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the update and thanks so much for the clarification regarding the blue orb.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:50 am

Alright! Orfeas here. Just updated the game. The fix with the alternative ending was easy and quick so, the new version 1.5.2 is now downloadable. Check out the spoiler below to see what was fixed, if the new version is needed and a quick how-to and Q&A. Special thanks to Lady JJ for finding the bug with the alternative ending. +::heart

The Deal update. (Version 1.5.2)

Fixes:
**Fixed the trigger for the alternative ending fight (thanks to Lady JJ)
-> If you are already eligible to get it, just reenter the Inbetween World from the Forgotten Forest.
*Fixed two typos in the last level (Demonic Castle Otherworld chain quest)
*Fixed the transitioning to the small cave in Chaac's Valley, where the cutscene with the cat would play again
*Fixed a wall tile that was getting on my nerves in the Demonic Castle
*The free guide is still in a folder in the game and will continue being distributed. No corrections on the file were made.

Q/A:
Q: Do I absolutely need this update?
A: If you do not plan on replaying the game for the different ending, no.

Q: How do I know if I have the latest version?
A: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Deal\The Deal\The Dealv1.5.2. If the last folder is indeed 1.5.2, then you have the updated version. Otherwise, you can update to the latest version. In general, if you bought the game AFTER this post's date, then you have the newer version.

Q: How to update?
A: Uninstall the current version of the game. Redownload the game and install. Done.

Q: What files will be lost in the process? Saves? Configuration data?
A: Nothing. Your saves and everything else remains intact.

Q: I uninstalled the game, but now I am not able to redownload the game from BMTmicro!
A: This is an issue with BMTmicro, it happens rarely. Send them an e-mail and they will fix it.

Q: My antivirus says this game is a threat!
A: This happens ONLY with Kaspersky antivirus (and sometimes Norton?) and it's a false positive. You will need to ask for directions on what to do and support from Kaspersky. The game is 100% clean and risk-free.

Q: My game lags a lot!
A: You have inadequate RAM to play this game or you are overflowing it! You need at least 1 GB RAM (works with less) and do not spam the menu screen. RPG Maker doesn't like the menu much, apparently.

Q: My game lags and my RAM is awesome.
A: Change the FPS Synch option. You just need a different setting than the default.

Q: I can't find the free quide you included!
A: Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Deal\The Deal\The Dealv1.5.2\story_quest_guide. The quide is in this folder. (Otherwise, search for the file "FreeStoryGuide - The Deal.pdf" without quotations on Windows Search.)

Q: What can I do with the guide's pdf? Can I print it?
A: You are free to: print, give away, duplicate, save it wherever you want, alter it after the second page, write your own notes on it after the second page, upload it wherever you want.
You CANNOT sell it, claim it as your own, alter the first page of the guide, give it away or upload it with the first page missing.

Q: How do I get the alternative ending now that the game is fixed?
A: To get the alternative ending (a) do not go into the mirror in the Mountain Ruins (b) do not fight Dark Witch Janeira (c) accept every gift Jarah offers. If you have already done this, in the updated version, go
back to the Forgotten Forest and reenter the Inbetween World.

Q: I need help for secret treasure, ancient artifacts and how to do the optional quests!
A: Since some time passed from the release of the game, pretty much everything has been answered in the forums. However, I bet there are people that have already become experts in the game (looking at
a particular person that has even made a list for the game's treasure chest loot)! Keep exploring and you will be rewarded!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers