Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Da Choppah

Da Choppah

Postby KimJ721 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 am

I searched existing topics but didn't see one. Any tips for defeating The Chopper? I have tried various combinations of my low-50s level characters, but his Battle Dance Level 3 cuts down even characters with the Dust of Ma-ha-la-something that gives them huge HP. Or do I just need to do a ton more grinding?
KimJ721
Peasant

Re: Da Choppah

Postby littlebro » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:39 am

Which enemy is this? I don't recall one with the official name The Chopper.

Strategy will, obviously, depend on who you have available and their skills, so -
Which pathway are you on, Jasmine or Melusine?
If you have Melusine, which characters did you select from the schools?
Which optional characters have you collected? i.e.. Teksab, Yu, Barbara, various animals
littlebro
Ranger

Postby KimJ721 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:13 pm

The Chopper is the assassin in Melusine's castle; you find him in the little chapel room. He looks just like the assassins you see on the road but is way harder.

I went the Melusine path. I'm not at my computer right now but let me see if I can remember most of my team: Teksab, Yu, Alex, Clea, Barbara, Zetta, Zara, Hans the rooster, the cow, the horse, Tsen the eagle, both bears, both tigers, Luis, the Guardian, Princess Ghosty-thing, Tamara, and I think I'm missing another.
KimJ721
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:42 pm

If you want to beat him you should explore Slainthe Castle first because without what you find there you're kinda lost against the Chopper.
If you've done that already, here's a strategy:

Spoiler: show
Equip the Mortel on someone who can wear it (like Melusine), plus the Slaughterer Gauntlet and something pre-emptive (like the Manticore Kanmuri).
Now face the Chopper and hope he won't kill that character you've equipped with the Mortel. If he does, abort the fight and restart.
The Mortel will wipe him out in one round.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Oh, the Assassin - never thought of him as the Chopper. In fact, I was wondering if you'd posted in the wrong thread and really this was all about MM4, as one of the Animal Kings there is like that.

Here is another strategy
Spoiler: show
For this fight you will need to have characters who are fast and can hit hard. I had Barbara with the Mortel and Slaughterer Guard, Tamara with the Heart Stealer (if you don’t have her, then someone who can equip the Heart Stealer and use gear to boost speed), Alex and Yu with first strike gear (I use Archmage’s Best helmet, but Mr Trickster will also do). Click on the left curtain to reveal the Assassin. You will be ambushed. Barbara and Tamara both use physical attack, Alex casts Arabesque Infernal lv2 and Yu Globe of Faith. You get the random drop of a Legendary Assassin Saber.

I've played the game 3, maybe 4 times now, and that strategy has got me through every time. I can't remember who I used when I didn't have Tamara, sorry about that.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby KimJ721 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:46 am

Thank you both! I had not yet finished Slainthe Castle and you are both right that the treasure there is the key to winning this battle. :)
KimJ721
Peasant

Return to The Book of Legends - Goodies and Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)