Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Random Vs Jordan

Re: Random Vs Jordan

Postby Indinera » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 am

Cassiopeia wrote:Which again proves that Random is better. Jordan needs a demon in his guts to be strong, Randome IS strong all by himself!

Yessss but this is not the question asked in this topic lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Madmar » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Random seems more serious and Jordan has more humor, I will say that. Still I vote Random since we watched him grow into his role through a whole series of games. He really kept the crew together. He was a more powerful fighter, too.
Last edited by Madmar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Indinera wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:Which again proves that Random is better. Jordan needs a demon in his guts to be strong, Randome IS strong all by himself!

Yessss but this is not the question asked in this topic lol

It isn't? +:::| +::Dunno
Well, even WITH Cassandra - I still find Random better.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 pm

the idea is that jordan is not supposed to be particularly strong at all without cassandra, hence making this duel irrelevant.
he even confesses about it to jas
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Alikamou » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Random hands down +::biggrin He packed some uber power. Jordon got sidelined during the demon fights soooo, sorry Jordon, but Random takes the trophy :razz:
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 am

Then again the demons of Ego, Pride and Luxury would ALL make Random absent... +::whistle
just saying... +::whistle +::whistle
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:11 am

As I was one who said in 'Players' Memories' that I preferred Jordan to Random, I suppose I'd better try and justify that.

I prefer Jordan because I think he is more interesting as a character and as a fighter.

Random loves admiration and acclaim, indeed almost seems to need it. There are occasions when, if he doesn’t get it, he “pouts”. That is a fatal weakness in any leader, who needs to be able to take the unpopular decisions. Jordan couldn’t care less about that sort of opinion and isn’t weakened if he doesn’t get it.

Jordan’s dialogues are much more varied, and often very funny in a dry, witty sort of way, not only with people, but also with the objects he finds (or doesn’t). Random is rather pompous a lot of the time, terribly concerned about his own self-importance.

Yes, Random can hit an opponent incredibly hard; I prefer the fact that you have to be a bit more strategic with Jordan, and if you are, he deals as much damage as Random (or at least Random before he gets Apocalypsa). This makes fights with him much more interesting. It’s not just his Horror of Memories spell; Holes of Filth, used against the right enemy, is truly devastating. All party spells like Ethereal Void have been something of a life saver, and he can do all-party healing. Also I like the fact that Jordan’s ego doesn’t require that he be in absolutely every team without exception (except split teams, of course), when there are many occasions when in fact another team member would be better.

Random’s emotions and relationships with others, but especially the women, are very adolescent – which is absolutely right and proper because he is a teenager; I found it refreshing that Jordan was not a teenager. Perhaps when Random grows up (if, of course, he ever appears in public again) I may change my opinion on the balance between him and Jordan. But until then…

So there you have it.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:09 pm

i prefer Jordan too..i think Random as an adolescent whereas Jordan as a mature man,full of flows( sorry for spelling) yes, but a man..they are both full of themselves in their way, but what i find interesting in Jordan is sarcasm, not just kidding or fooling around, but a cynical touch that means a connection to philosophy, kinda..and an other aspect that i like is his "inner demon" ..he is becoming strong and sick simultaneously in this relationship and in the end there is catharsis, which is a strong element in every story..
Random is just a young, strong and determined warrior, he has his principles but cant match the complexity(is this word right?) of Jordan..their fighting skills are difficult to compare, very different styles..
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Tomas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Random fits more into the "True Hero" category because he cares for the others a lot. Jordan seems to be more egoistic. Maybe that's because of Cassandra, but still.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

Ah, that's another take, this time in favor of Random. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Book of Legends - Goodies and Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)