Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Best Cast: TBOL vs MM vs LF

Re: Best Cast: TBOL vs MM vs LF

Postby kronos44 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 pm

maybe it was just me.
please read and comment on my book
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7483
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7230
the book of legends character pics/list/locations
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=7504
best advertisement ever
http://www.youtube.com/tippexperience
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 am

It's a matter of perception I think. We all perceive things in very different ways.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby kronos44 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 am

profound
please read and comment on my book
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7483
i really have too much time on my hands - pics of laxius force playable characters
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=7230
the book of legends character pics/list/locations
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=7504
best advertisement ever
http://www.youtube.com/tippexperience
kronos44
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:54 pm

I prefer the Laxius Force cast, really. No one can beat Random, Sarah, Luci, Coryool, Guanidia and Herasia friendship. They are one of the best cast ever, funny, likable, fun to venture with, and of course. If they were realy, it would be one of the people that you would want to be a friend with.

Millennium stays second for a little bit, Marine is the best female main character that I've ever seen in a game. Courageous and sometimes independant. lol She will easily become the favourite character for many here, not only Marine but others like Benoit, Jeanne, Karine, Abu etc.

The Book of Legends: They are all likable, but I don't think that this cast have what it takes to be the best cast of Aldorlea IMO. I think that they need more journeys together lol, I think that is because I loved LF and MM more, because there were more than one game for them.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 am

That makes sense, one adventure even a big one creates less connections with the player and even the charas themselves.
LF had 7 games, MM 4 and TBOL just 1... +::cry
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:32 am

I agree that there's a deeper connection with the LF characters. Especially in the LF series the player experiences an emotional rollercoaster with them. All the effort they put in their quest, yet all the failures ... And then some really tragic moments (like poor Sandy which literally made me cry +:oops: ).

Yet, though I really like MM and despite the fact that there are already 4 games, I never got that kind of connection to its cast. Maybe because not all of them stayed with Marine all the time, I don't know.

Last but not least TBOL. Yes, one game only. But oh, what a game! And the characters are very unique! There are characters who are adorable and such I don't like. Which I mean in a positive way because it's more life like.
Again it's the choices in the game that make the cast even more interesting.
First and foremost ... killing Jasmine!? We've been making fun in the other thread about this, but seriously, it was NOT an easy thing to do. Killing a cute little girl (12 or 21, who cares)?
Then, when choosing the school, you have a close look at all the characters that might join, before making a decision. You pay much more attention than when they join anyway.
For me the characters in TBOL have more personality than in MM.

So to sum it up:
MM is in second place for me, TBOL and LF share the first place.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

Great feedback, although I do believe The Bear has a lot of personality, in MM. +::whistle
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:12 am

Yes, the bear, and Bokden too of course! +::lol
They sure all have personality.
I think it might be that in LF it just shows more because the events are more dramatic and in TBOL they all just have more to say.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 am

Cassiopeia wrote:Yes, the bear, and Bokden too of course! +::lol
They sure all have personality.
I think it might be that in LF it just shows more because the events are more dramatic and in TBOL they all just have more to say.

It's too, bigger tragedies happen in LF and TBOL has a worldwide threat.
In MM they are mostly pressed by time, which is why they probably reveal more towards the end of MM3 and the whole MM4.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

So wait and see how they will develop in MM5!!!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:53 am

LF is clear number one - with all the various characters, all their tragedies and development (from children in 3SoD to mature heroes in LF) I don't think that any other game can even come close. LF really is more like a book serie in this.

As for the MM vs. TBOL, it's more close. TBOL has some really good characters, but ultimatively, I think that creating a bond to the characters takes some time and standalone game has always a disadvantage when it come to this. So, overall, TBOL has probably a bit better cast, but I would still place MM second because I feel deeper connection to the MM characters (if nothing else, there's Bokden...).
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks, interesting feedback, as always.

I would do Asguaard vs TBOL but Asguaard has a much smaller cast. +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby clear » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 am

Asguaard will definitely pound TBOL. +::Thumbup
clear
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:51 am

can you develop?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darchole » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:52 pm

I don't think I could really say until I've finished any of them; I haven't started TBOL yet, and since M5 hasn't come out and I've burned out on LF3, that's not going to be for a while.

The rest of my comments aren't meant bash any characters, but more of an attempt to find out what I like by stating what I didn't like.

Maybe this will change after I finished the Laxius Power series, but right now Random and Sarah are more annoying than anything else. Alexandra is what finally pushed me over the edge to the point where I had to quit LF3 for while. Yveen is annoying because there just isn't much to her character, no motivation except for helping others. Luci started out great, but now her only part of the storyline is revenge.

Marine's rants at this point are also just annoying, and most of her dialog in M4 I just skipped. Benoit just doesn't seem to be growing a spine, like I expected him too. If Bokden starts kicking serious *** in M5 then he might become a favorite character.

TBOL I haven't started yet, but with the large cast of characters I will probably not have enough chance to get to know one enough to like that character, or I'm going to get game fatigue considering how big the game is, and just come to the point where I don't care about any character, I just want to finish the game.

The reason I play RPGs is not because I like figuring things out (I use a guide for all the games I play), it's for the story. And I don't have to like all the characters to play the game, I just have to like the story to play the game.

Right now my favorite characters are Herasia/Guanidia and Jeanne/Karine, so it's a tie between MM and LF. I just wish there were more of those characters in each game series.
darchole
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to The Book of Legends - Goodies and Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)