Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S MOONCHILD IS OUT!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S MOONCHILD IS OUT!!!!

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Indi, I wish you good luck with the Millennium at Steam Greenlight, it would be a really big success to get there. +::YAY

And now a bit OT, but I just have to add something to what Cassie wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:And I hate this complaining about using RTP stuff in a game, be it tiles or music or whatever. Using ONLY RTP stuff for every game would not be very wise, but I think everyone here would agree that Aldorlea games do NOT all look the same!!!

Putting aside the fact, that I will probably never understand the "only RTP stuff" thing (to me it seems like forcing writers to make a "new and original" font for each of their books...), I'm surprised that many people don't seem to realize that using some "standard stuff" is pretty much common for most of the games - even the big AAA titles mostly use licenced engines (Unreal Engine, CryEngine), some sounds from "Sound banks" (obviously things like gunshots aren't being recorded again and again...) and so on.
Copying locations is not unusual, too (something that Indi doesn't do at all, or at least I have never noticed it). Oblivion or Dragon Age 2 may be the extreme examples of this, but many other games do it too, it's only not so obvious.
In the end, it's always the compromise between wishes and costs. And just as I can't realistically expect to have a car that goes as fast as a Ferrari and consumes as little fuel as a scooter (and costs the same, on top of that), I can't expect a game with fully-original stuff for a price that would be acceptable for most of the players. In other words, criticizing authors of RPG Maker games for using RTP staff means forcing them to "cheat" their games in other areas (length, complexity and so on.)
Last edited by Tomas on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 pm

But Indy is an exception, other RPG developers doesn't tire of making crappy games with standard graphics (Warfare Games is an example, their games just get worse at each release.)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby MiladyDW777 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Currently downloading my purchased version (I know, I know, I'm slow... +:oops: ), and I may be late to the party with this comment as well, BUT, THANK YOU INDY!!! I was SO glad to see I wouldn't have to deal with Plimus and the accompanying bank fees. Also, the downloads are beautifully smooth and fast.

Speaking of which, it's done. Gotta run. Moonchild awaits!!! +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:56 pm

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby RPGeez » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Hey all.

I just started playing Moonchild in RPG mode and so far it is a nice game.

I just arrived in Winheim playing for 2 hours.

Moonchild has a nice story so far and the characters are interesting and I am hooked already.

The mapping is very good and as a game player and adventurer I enjoy all the goodies you can find by checking every nook and cranny as well as talking to all characters in the game not just once but sometimes twice for some extra goodies.You never know what you will find.

Well back to RPGing and exploring and questing. +::YAY

Cheers RPGeez +::clap
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby Scorpios » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:I've not played very far yet but have purchased the game already cause I sure want to finish it. But I do have to rant a bit about that BMT. I find it quite annoying that I have to re-download the full version instead of simply unlocking the demo with a key like it used to be. For people like me who have internet with limited amount of download this is not desirable. Neither is having to re-install the game.
I know things can't be made perfect for everyone, but I personally never had a problem with Plimus and much preferred it.

I get mine through PayPal and have had no probs with BMT but had lots with primus go figure When I purchased moonchild I just pasted the code into the trial!!! +::YAY

BTW thanks for the excellent game havnt got a bad one from you yet, So far im in Riven Niega lokking for Stardust love it +::heart +::heart +::heart
Beware the Scorpion Sting!
Scorpios
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Thank you very much! Yes Moonchild has become very popular with time, trailing The Book of Legends.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby flavie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi I've bought it (and the Book of Legends). :)

The characters are so tiny (compared to Roseportal games) but the game looks really beautiful. +::heart

Can you tell me what are the differences between Casual, RPG and story mode please? is it about fights difficulty, stuff you have in one mode and not in another?

Thanks
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:39 pm

but the game looks really beautiful. +::heart

Thank you. 2012 was a good year for me with 2 really excellent releases. +::music

Can you tell me what are the differences between Casual, RPG and story mode please? is it about fights difficulty, stuff you have in one mode and not in another?

fight difficulty :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby flavie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Yeah I noticed it cos, having sold... the horn I restarted (2h30 of playing) with RPG mode. Once at the Rock I've found I won't stay alive longer so :( I restart with casual mode paying attention for the horn. I won't restart the game another time.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Previous

Return to Moonchild - Help and Questions