Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

WARNING: Hallmark Underground...Don't leave too soon

WARNING: Hallmark Underground...Don't leave too soon

Postby SuzanneQ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Do NOT leave before exploring everything. You can't get back in, evidently, so there are at least 2 quests you'll have to forsake if you don't find what you need while down there. With little mana available (party starts with nothing in the item slot...or weapon slot), you'll have to journey back and forth from the rejuvenation pool (if you can get to it okay.) Bit of a hassle.
SuzanneQ
Peasant

Re: WARNING: Hallmark Underground...Don't leave too soon

Postby littlebro » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:31 pm

I think you are mistaken in saying "at least 2 quests" depend on the underground section. It's only one. Time-limited quests are found in most games, and surely that's one of the things about replays, to find the stuff you didn't first time round? I personally didn't find mana a problem in this section, so it may depend on your strategy, or levels.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 pm

No, it's two quests.
Spoiler: show
The letter and the elemental

But I also didn't have any mana problems and the quest is not so hard to solve. I found the truffle quest much harder and I really admire the one who found it out. I wouldn't have. Wasn't it you anyway, littlebro?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Ah yes, you're right I'd forgotten about
Spoiler: show
the elemental

and yeah, I found the truffle, but it was by accident, same as the way I found how to do the letter, so no great kudos there.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby SuzanneQ » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:10 am

One problem I caused to myself. I didn't realize for quite a while that I could add to this party, since the previous one had been limited to three until Ohm (sp?) was acquired. So I was fighting with only three in the underground for quite some time, which really used up the, what?, 4 whole mana potions that were available down there. And with only 4 saves (and no warning I couldn't come back), there was just no way to avoid the dreaded forced re-play.
(Let's add this note about plumping the underground party to the warning/advice.)

Some folks really like to re-play, but when I've already solved 99% of the puzzles, fight techniques, and discoveries, I find several hours of relatively mindless clicking and clicking and clicking to be more boring than rewarding. Now that I've completed all but those two quests and know I can't get back to them, I've pretty much lost interest in finishing the rest of the game. (I'm sure Moonchild's going to be okay in the end.)

My 2 cents worth, at any rate.
SuzanneQ
Peasant

Postby Aggeliki » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:07 pm

that's why i use non mana users in parties -if possible! only slashing ! haha!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby littlebro » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Aggeliki wrote:that's why i use non mana users in parties -if possible! only slashing ! haha!

And in this part, I equipped Kenneth with something (don't remember the name) which gave double strike. With him, Gabriel and Dab both with Beheaders and Susanna, it was a breeze. The only place I used mana was for the Elemental and the Dragon. In fact, I used the small group at the head of the stairs by the save point to do some levelling up and harvest health potions.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Aggeliki » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:08 pm

me too! and i had leveled up my party so it was very easy! 8)
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby RPGeez » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Just a comment.

I liked this area especially since I am playing in RPG mode which I am not sure how much of a difference is but my party has died several times.

I am playing with Gabriel, Dabbabbu, Rupert and decided on Susanna.

Those killer snakes dish out a lot of pain for sure and it is fine by me. +::fear
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby littlebro » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I tried with Rupert, but in the end I decided that it had to be Kenneth with his 2-strike weapon. Didn't die after that.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:31 pm

RPGeez wrote:Just a comment.

I liked this area especially since I am playing in RPG mode which I am not sure how much of a difference is but my party has died several times.

Those killer snakes dish out a lot of pain for sure and it is fine by me. +::fear

If you're having trouble with the snakes, the spell ''Weaken'' works agains them.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby RPGeez » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey littlebro and D-Squall.

I keep getting 4 killer snakes which can be a nice challenge

I actually bought pretty much everything item in the town there was to buy before meeting the oracle.

Should be a breeze. +::YAY

Cheers RPGeez
RPGeez
Ranger

Return to Moonchild - Help and Questions