Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Mythos

Mythos

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:42 am

MYTHOS

$5.99 only!!!

Image Image

This game wad made by Dark Gaia Studios (Legionwood series).

SUMMARY:

Mythos: The Beginning is a survival horror role playing game inspired by Gothic Horror monster movies of the 1930s like Frankenstein and The Corpse Vanishes.

Set in London in 1934, Mythos allows you to create your own paranormal investigator from scratch and guide them through a frightening exploration of the infamous Harborough Asylum. Three young university students have vanished while attempting to conduct a scientific survey of this dreaded place, and it's up to you to find them! Throughout the night you'll discover that Harborough Asylum's reputation is more than an urban legend, and you'll have to fight for your life against demons, zombies and otherworldly Lovecraftian foes.

FEATURES:

Blends traditional survival horror and RPG gameplay.
Old-school pen and paper style role playing, complete with dialogue trees.
Use non-combat skills like Persuade and Occult Lore to discover new clues!
A Terrifying Gothic Horror storyline that pays homage to the classics of the 1930s.
Fully voice acted dialogue and an atmospheric soundtrack.
Play any way you like -- fight your way through or never see a single battle.

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Mythos

Postby nancyred » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:43 pm

I downloaded the free Demo, but I can't even get to the juvenile ward. The path I'm supposed to follow doesn't go very far. Is this as far as the demo goes? If I buy the whole game, will the path be extended so I can get to the proper places? The screenshot has to be from the full game then, right?
nancyred
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi nancyred, I thought the same thing but if you step up to the wall on the left side of the juvenile ward door there's a keypad. Once you've punched in the code you can open the door and you're in. I don't remember the code order but it's not hard to work out. There's also a save room in the ward... your 1st opportunity to do so. Hope that helps!
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Dark Gaia » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:24 am

Hi nancyred,

The juvenile ward is locked when you get to it for the first time. To open it, you need to examine the keypad on the wall to the left of the door. You'll notice three of the keys seem to be more worn out than the others -- you have to figure out the password by trying combinations of these keys.

If your character has an Intelligence rating of at least 20, you can also solve the puzzle automatically.

While you're at it, I'd suggest checking out the official manual for the game, which explains a lot of the game mechanics far better than the ingame tutorials do. You can read it here: http://rpgmaker.net/content/games/6493/downloads/Investigators_Handbook.pdf
Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?
Head over [url]to http://legionwood.wordpress.com[/url] and keep in touch!
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby nancyred » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Thank you both! Yes, that helped. Now I'll try to survive long enough to find that save room.
nancyred
Mercenary

Postby nancyred » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:43 pm

Well, I've finally reached the end of the demo, and I'm really liking the game so far. One question, though: I got the Storage Key, but it won't open the storage room. Why not? Is the storage room not intended to be available in the demo?
nancyred
Mercenary

Postby loof123 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Indinera wrote:This game wad made by Dark Gaia Studios (Legionwood series).

I think you already know that, but that should be was. :razz: :razz: :razz:
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Dark Gaia » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:10 am

Hi again nancyred.

You're correct - the storage room isn't accessible in the demo. I honestly thought it was, as I never explicitly meant to not include it, but it looks like the demo doesn't have the correct event to access the room.

I may end up fixing this though, as there's no reason not to let the player access it. It only has supplies inside.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby bobcat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:22 am

Just finished the game..excellent...challenging puzzles and fights...looking forward to next game :)
bobcat
Peasant

Postby Dark Gaia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:10 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Postby nancyred » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:17 am

Okay, I'm feeling stupid. In the catacombs, there's a door that needs a four-digit code to open it. Does the scrap of paper hold the answer; and if so, how do I find that answer? Also, is there something "of equal worth" beyond the door?
Oh, a couple more things I noticed: the luck rune gives three points, not five, and the names of the wives differ between the demo and the purchased version. Just FYI.
nancyred
Mercenary

Postby Dark Gaia » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:33 am

Hi nancy.

On the scrap of paper, you have to look for four numbers that are half of the numbers on either side of them (for example 636 where 3 is half of the two 6s on either side).

There is something of "equal worth" behind the door but you'll have to fight for it :)
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Re: Mythos

Postby houston » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:58 pm

I am really stuck. In the juvenile ward, fixed the electric box and can't get it to open the doors. I've looked for clues everywhere and can't find the code. Help please!

Nevermind - I finally figured it out - whew!
houston
Wanderer

Postby nancyred » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm stuck again, too. I reached the two orbs flanking the monument room, but now what? How can I cross the ravine, and how do I get strong enough to survive a battle with the monsters? I've had to flee when I can or else be destroyed.
nancyred
Mercenary

Postby Dark Gaia » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:31 am

Hi again!

Crossing the ravine is a little bit of a puzzle in itself. If you have Occult Lore 3, you can translate something in the save room that tells you to "turn back lest you descend forever" and that's what the solution is: moving down across the bridge just keeps going on endlessly, but if you walk for a bit then turn around and start heading UP instead, you'll eventually reach the exit.

The monsters at this point in the game are designed to be very tough. Unless you've only been focusing on combat attributes and ignoring Talents, you probably won't be able to defeat them. The best option at this point would be to try and avoid them, or else you can sell some of your remaining supplies for some spare EXP. Any Tonics, Mythalars and Strange Residues are good things to sell as they are only useful in limited situations, but be sure to keep any Chemicals you have for the final boss.

If you managed to pick up the Sacrificial Knife and the Blood Pack back in the asylum, you won't have to fight the final boss, either.
Dark Gaia
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers