Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Moonchild Memories

Re: Moonchild Memories

Postby Orchid Queen » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Your opinion about Calypso?
I didn’t like her at all. She came across to me as self-centred, whining and insincere. She didn’t act like a Queen. Nice doesn’t always cut it. I suppose she deserves some credit for searching for her daughter.
Your opinion about Susanna?
Took me a while to ‘get’ her but I liked her. Nothing special, though.
Your opinion about Kenneth?
Boring. He just followed everyone else.
Your opinion about Stardust?
False modesty made me suspicious of her but still the end was unexpected. I didn’t like her very much.
Your opinion about Jardel?
This is the one character who felt real. He was a leader and behaved as one, being hard and doing what was necessary even when, perhaps, he didn’t want but having to deny is own person feelings. I think there’s more to him. I think he could have a whole game to himself. I loved him and I was so happy when he gave the pendant to Susanna prepared to give his life because it justified my opinion of him.
Your opinion about the rest of the cast (any favorites)?
No. They were all pretty bland and unmemorable. I only had 8 characters so I missed some.
Your opinion about the story and dialogs?
Not brilliant. Some of the speeches and monologues needed editing. There wasn’t the same amount of humour or teasing between the characters as I’d come to expect from previous games.
Your opinion about the game's title screen and music?
Very nice. I usually switch off the music but I didn’t for this game. It was evocative and unobtrusive. Mind you, I didn’t stay in any dungeon long enough to get deranged by it. That’s because I was in story mode and I had the guide book, which was soooo helpful in the Forbidden Area.
Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you read the book in the Forbidden room onwards)?
Abrupt. Didn’t like being unable to save between the fights.
What was your favorite moment and why?
When Jardel told Susanna to use his pendant. I knew he wasn’t the total bad guy. And seeing him with his children. Ah, bless!
What's the game's best/strongest sides?
Graphics.
Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare?
I’ve played all 13 games. On the whole, this game seemed less epic than any of the others and weaker. It concentrated on the search for Moonchild and less on the reasons for her abduction. There didn’t appear to be a real enemy. While searching for missing children is admirable, there was no real threat to their world order: no obvious evil: no obvious enemies. This won’t go on the top of my list. But at least I finished the game, unlike Sylia.
Orchid Queen
Bard

Postby johnboy412000 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Your opinion about Calypso? Awesome character
Your opinion about Susanna? Yeah nice chick lol
Your opinion about Kenneth? He was one cool dood.His boost spell was great
Your opinion about Stardust? Had some awesome spells
Your opinion about Jardel? Cool dude with some nice spells
Your opinion about the rest of the cast (any favorites)? No fav really
Your opinion about the story and dialogs? Too much dialogue and story lines
Your opinion about the game's title screen and music? Music didnt like it and turned it off
Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you read the book in the Forbidden room onwards)? Was one hell of a tough final round with Stardust she was one tough cookie.The 4 fights before her were too easy.
What's the game's best/strongest sides? Great graphics and great characters.Good game but needed that bit more to it.Over too quick.
Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare? Yeah have played loads of Aldorlea games.I think the best ones are the Millenium series.Just need MM5 then can go through that one and go back through all of em. +::clap +::clap
johnboy412000
Bounty Hunter

Postby kanifer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Your opinion about Calypso? Definitely a good mother, nice spells, a likeable character.
Your opinion about Susanna? A bit of an airhead, but still likeable, and I LOVED her spells, the summons specifically.
Your opinion about Kenneth? I liked him too, he had an air of mystery in the beginning. He was like the better version of Gabriel since he ACTUALLY had some spells rofl.
Your opinion about Stardust? Never trust anyone with their mouths constantly open rofl.
Your opinion about Jardel? I liked him from the beginning.
Your opinion about the rest of the cast (any favorites)? I kept thinking that Gabriel would be the traitor, haha.
Your opinion about the story and dialogs? I liked Jardel's dialogue about how Calypso's town's security is lax.
Your opinion about the game's title screen and music? Nice music especially at the end battle.
Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you read the book in the Forbidden room onwards)? I liked it, the anime-style picture of Calypso rising from the coffin and the reuniting with their children was really cool! Adorable too.
What was your favorite moment and why? Calypso rising from the coffin.
What's the game's best/strongest sides? Action of the story, how urgent the quest feels.
Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare? Yes, this is a slightly different feel but is still great. I liked the items. I will have to re-do the ending since I forgot a couple of side-quests.
kanifer
Mercenary

Postby blitzen » Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Your opinion about the cast (any favorites)? I'm lumping them all together, as none of them really stood out for me. Jardel was probably the most fully developed, and the one that changed the most over the course of the game. I liked Susanna as well, and loved that her abilities gave me so many options in battle (even though I didn't get either the water or air elementals!). Calypso was OK, but I prefer my heroines to be more on the sassy side rather than motherly. I did enjoy that the lead characters were all adults instead of teenagers. Makes a nice change.

Your opinion about the story and dialogs? The dialogues were good, if in need of a little editing. The story could have been fleshed out a bit more, but for a game of this length it was fine.

Your opinion about the game's title screen and music? The title screen is very pretty, but I have to say I did not like some of the artwork representing the characters. Why were the women all cross-eyed? Not attractive, IMO. The music was mostly fine, but I did have to mute it in the final dungeon, especially since I had to go through that several times to level my characters up enough to win the final battle.

Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you read the book in the Forbidden room onwards)? I liked the ending. I did not see it coming. Stardust makes a pretty good crazy villainess! The final battles were quite difficult, and I was disappointed that the characters you could use were already pre-set for each battle. Susanna would have been a great help! Also, it was a bit annoying to have to sit through the entire dialogue every time, as initially my party was not strong enough to win and I had to make several attempts.

What was your favorite moment and why? Stardust shoving Calypso into the coffin, just because it was so unexpected and shocking!

What's the game's best/strongest sides? Lots of good things here: interesting side quests (wish there were more of them), visible monsters, tricky (but not impossible) dungeons, ability to revisit older areas to complete tasks, unique items/weapons. These are all things Aldorlea is known for doing well, and are much appreciated.

Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare? This was a nice way to spend a few hours while waiting for the next chapter of Millennium to come out. I don't see myself playing it again, though, in fact I have already uninstalled it. I like to keep a clean computer. In comparison, I still have all of the Laxius games and previous Millennium chapters, which are all fantastic. This was a very decent game, and I would recommend it, but it's definitely not up there with the likes of Dreamscape or Asguaard.
blitzen
Bard

Postby Skywarden » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:45 am

Your opinion about Calypso? I like her, she will do all to rescue Moonchild. 10/10
Your opinion about Susanna? Its very funny, nice joke altough several villagers will hate because her jokes. I love elementals. And I think she could be Jardel's girlfriends. 8/10
Your opinion about Kenneth? He is my favourite, very good char with good story. I miss know more about him. (Town, another protectors).
Your opinion about Stardust? Very surprising char, I thinked Jardel or Gabriel will be traitor but I was wrong. Nice Spell too.
Your opinion about Jardel? Solid char with a redemption ending and he like Susanna. I like it!!!!
Your opinion about the rest of the cast (any favorites)? All cast its very good!! I miss know more about Om, he is a powerful and mistery char.
Your opinion about the story and dialogs? I enjoined with story and dialogs with emotional final battle.
Your opinion about the game's title screen and music? Awesome music and title screen!! Calypso praying for Moonchild, I love it! 10/10
Your opinion about the game's ending (ie from the moment you read the book in the Forbidden room onwards)?
Ending were the best game part, very emotional, great music and I never thinked that Stardust will be the enemy.
What was your favorite moment and why? When Jardel sacrifice his life to save Calypso, Moonchild and his childrens. Calypso and Jardel were enemies and he realize that Calypso had pure intentions to save childrens.
What's the game's best/strongest sides? Chars, Story, Music, Fights, All caller creatures. I miss more towns and I dont like too labyrinth dungeon.
Have you played other Aldorlea games and if so, how does this one compare? I cant compare, this is my first Ardolea game. +::Dance
Skywarden
Peasant

Postby Ryos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:39 am

While I can't say she was one of my top heroines, on the other hand heroines are so rare in RPGs that that sort of elevates her by default. Although her personality was pretty bland (though that I much preferred to Marine's), her background/motivations were definitely different from the usual heroine. I hated how her MP was so limited though, considering she has one of the best spell sets in the game...

Great in battle and her personality's definitely quirky.

Didn't care for him at all as far as characterization was concerned. In battle he ranged between great (when he first gets the two hit spear) to mediocre (not sure if there was some great secret spear later on, but that two hit spear was the best I got overall and pretty much everyone outhit him because of that at the end. Eventually he was little more than a boost and item bot).

In battle, she was pretty much a mainstay because I always prefer healers and she's the best by far at that. Most of the game she reminded me of a lot of the same sort of character as Alex and she was ok (if somewhat forgettable) there. Her change at the end was abrupt and forced to me.

Definitely the best character as far as personality goes in Moonchild. Initially I wasn't too thrilled with his performance in battle because swords are somewhat weak, but the final dungeon goes all out in making him by far the best fighter of the bunch. I tossed that counter all accessory on him and Jardel went to town!

Can't say anyone else struck my fancy. Om was noteworthy for not being able to equip much of anything, which negated his crazy stat gains. Rupert was by far the worst character in battle, to the point I didn't use him for any battle until I found out I needed to train him a bit for the end.

Of the Aldorlea games I've played, this is probably the weakest of the bunch. Part of that's because the game itself is shorter, but even that doesn't mean too much because there are stretches where there's no dialogue for long periods of time (particularly the PCs).

All are pretty good.

Depends on the character and the part. I mentioned my distaste for Stardust's part but everything else that went on was done well. The actual ending was pretty good and had lots of humor to it (I particularly liked Susanna's reply to Jarden when he said she was the first person who showed him a sincere smile and she said that sucked).

Jarden's decision scene in the final story sequence was great. As mentioned it's the complexity of his character that makes him pretty intriguing to me compared to everyone else because Calypso views him with animosity due to being the cause of her husband's death, yet that was, much like everything else, done rationally on the behalf of protecting his people at whatever cost.

Though I thought it was on the short side, one of the nice things about that is it makes it much more accessible for someone who wants to get through games ASAP. I do think it has the best soundtrack of the Aldorlea titles I've completed.

Of the ones I've finished (The Book of Legends, Asguaard, all of the Laxius series, and Millennium), this is the worst overall commercial title. Not bad, just not nearly as fleshed out. It does have some good ideas but sometimes the implementation came up short.
Ryos
Wanderer

Postby kalbun » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Today is bank holiday in my country, so I found enough time to complete the game. Here are my memories!

Indinera wrote:Your opinion about Calypso?

Honestly I consider her a sort of "draft character" instead than a fully developed protagonist. She lacks the tracts of the leader, which Jardel has.

I really LOVED her! +::heart
I appreciated above all her naive behaviour and her kindness, but also the ability to summon so many useful allies (the Behemoth was really terrible!)

He could be a very interesting and mysterious character, too bad his past story was not developed further.

I never appreciated her. So stuck up, full of self-admiration, and always ready to tease poor, adoring Rupert. In facts, I leveled up Rupert much more than Stardust. In the end I discovered I did the right choice.

The most interesting aspect is the slow and constant change of his opinion, that turns from hostility almost to friendship. Very good in battle, also.

I appreciated both Rupert and Dabbabu (did I wrote right?).
The first has very powerful water spells at high levels, while the unmatched strength of the second was a plus in every battle.

The story has been somewhat slow to take off, but then it has become more and more interesting. I admit that the end was really shocking, I'd never expected this.
The dialogs were also good. Never too long, never too short, and often full of humour like in all Indinera games.
(BTW the most hilarious dialogue was between Dabbabu and the soldier:
"I can break the bones of those gargoyles"
"No, you can't"
"What?"
"You can't. See, they have no bones"
"...")

I don't remember anything particular about title screen, but it's something I don't pay attention to. The music was in general very good, and in some cases exceptionally good.

A shock. As said before, I didn't like Stardust a lot, but I'd NEVER expected this end.
Two thumbs up, however IMHO the game finishes too abruptly. I would have loved some more scenes or some more text, to develop more what happens after the final battle.

The moment when Jardel asks Susanna to take and use the necklace to stop Stardust. The dialog between the two was full of suspence, and fully highligthed their main traits: a true leader, and a deeply good magician.

Some characters are good and well developed, this adds depth to the whole story.
There are very interesting monsters, carefully drawn, and also some quite good spells.
The background music is very good, and a few pieces were epic :)

Yes, I played many of them. It is difficult to do comparisons, because every story is unique with your games.
Some aspects of the game slightly recalled LF to me, but only slightly
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Stargazer » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:06 am

A very good character. I liked her second costume much more (the kimono)! She was very strong too and had good healing spells. I liked how she was so determined to save her child no matter what the cost. :)

Ohhhh she's hella strong! Inog Maar Daar or whatever was extreeeemmmmmly easy with her. +::Dance She had spells for every monster! In the final battle she was very useful. The only problem was that I never got to see her Vampire summon. After winning the final battle she leveled up and then learned the summon! +::O_o

He was a guardian right? He was pretty strong! I liked his artwork too! Its funny how was thought to be as the enemy in the starting. +::lol

Powerful character. But her becoming evil was the best thing ever. Not for me obviously! She was an extremely strong final boss. What I don't understand is how she grew her hair so long in the final fight. +::Dunno

He was a good person. He loved his daughters. I am that he and Calypso stopped fighting for the sake of their daughters and their nations. Also....... I feel like their was something developing between him and Susanna. +::lol +::heart

Hmm...... I played the game months ago so I don't remember every character unfortunately. But the Titan was strong. :)

The story was pretty good. Idk why would anyone add 'child' to their kid's name. But the final battles, story and dialogues, was pretty good. The BEST. +::heart

Music was good. Inog Maha daar's music wasn't that good. Idr the title screen..... :(

LOVED IT. That ending was something I have never seen. That's why I love your games Indy. So many plot twists. +::biggrin

The final battle. Reason above. :razz:

Hmm........ Probably the story and the plot twist at the end. :)

Can't compare. All aldorlea games are masterpieces. Comparing them would be a disaster. +::stop
Stargazer
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Moonchild - Goodies and Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)