Postby Aggeliki » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:39 pm

wow thanks ahouser!!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Re: Sidequests

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Q6 is not completely right.
Spoiler: show
The tissue is not behind a treasure chest, but in the mirror behind the save sparkle.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Sidequests Hallmark Underground!!

Postby SuzanneQ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:24 pm

How can one get back into the Hallmark Underground? I can't find an entry anywhere. If there's no way back, then all the connected quests are lost, right?
If that's the case, may I suggest a game correction? There seem to be waaaay too few mana potions available in the underground to allow full exploring. The party is broke and completely un-itemed at the start, and while healing material is found in many spots, mana is not.Once we've reached the rejuvenating pool, we can keep traveling back and forth, but that's not going to sustain the group for very long outreaches.. My party actually died twice, for the first time in story mode, having to conserve mana or running out of it.

So if the underground is indeed closed after the party emerges, please consider at least allowing the necessary mana for full exploration. Better yet, a way to re-enter. BEST yet, tell me (nicely) that I'm an idiot and that there is indeed an entrance back in (and where it is).
SuzanneQ
Peasant

Postby Aggeliki » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:43 am

cassiopeia thanks for the correction , i edited the post(but i thought there was a chest as well.. +:::| )
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 am

Aggeliki wrote:cassiopeia thanks for the correction , i edited the post(but i thought there was a chest as well.. +:::| )

Don't think so. You step into the sparkle, and after being prompted to save you stay on that spot and check the mirror.

SuzanneQ wrote:How can one get back into the Hallmark Underground? I can't find an entry anywhere. If there's no way back, then all the connected quests are lost, right?
If that's the case, may I suggest a game correction? There seem to be waaaay too few mana potions available in the underground to allow full exploring. The party is broke and completely un-itemed at the start, and while healing material is found in many spots, mana is not.Once we've reached the rejuvenating pool, we can keep traveling back and forth, but that's not going to sustain the group for very long outreaches.. My party actually died twice, for the first time in story mode, having to conserve mana or running out of it.

So if the underground is indeed closed after the party emerges, please consider at least allowing the necessary mana for full exploration. Better yet, a way to re-enter. BEST yet, tell me (nicely) that I'm an idiot and that there is indeed an entrance back in (and where it is).

There's no way back.
I agree that this was the toughest dungeon of all, but I didn't have a problem with items. In fact, most of the ones I found I didn't even use. Maybe you want to rethink your strategy.
I'm always saving before a fight and if the result is not to my satisfaction I replay it. That's annyoing sometimes but does keep you healthier. And I'm not using that much magic.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Sidequests Hallmark underground

Postby SuzanneQ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:29 pm

It's true that most of the found items in the underground aren't necessary (especially after the rejuv pool), but that does NOT apply to mana. With only 4 save spots, it's not likely you'll have one for H Underground left by the time, hours-days later, you realize you missed something in there and find out you're just SOOL for two quests. There's not even a guide warning, I think, that you'll screw yourself by leaving. I still say it's a serious design flaw that could be fixed very easily with either more mana or a reentry point.

As it is, I'm discouraged enough that I'm going to quit the game where it is (right after finally finding the cleaning cloth in Necropolis) and with 11 quests done, knowing now there's no chance for me to finish all the quests without grinding through the whole darn thing again.

Anyhow, WOW's new patch is up.
SuzanneQ
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:50 pm

Ah, don't be so discouraged! I personally ALWAYS save before leaving an area, and in the underground it's very obvious that you've reached the end.
I did save here too, then tried to find a way back, found out that I can't and thus returned to my save file cause now I knew that I had to solve the quests before leaving. Not a big deal.
Yet I understand that it's frustrating to know that you can't solve all quests. I'm a perfectionist too and not being able to solve all quests already on my first playthrough irks me a lot.
But still, don't give up now! The finale is really worth keeping on playing!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Sidequests...underground...discouraged

Postby SuzanneQ » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:47 am

With only 4 saves, and before knowing there are several things to get in HU, how do you know to hang onto that particular one for hours, after you've already headed to other places, other fights? If you had 10 saves, the before-leaving one is practical, but otherwise....
At any rate, I posted a warning that I hope will help other players from being frustrated enough to ditch rather than re-do the whole thing.
To me the game is cute, but certainly not interesting enough to slog back through hours and hours of clicking, clicking, clicking, which is really all you're doing when you've already solved the mysteries and fight techniques the first time through. That's just pointless, boring time-killing. (Come to think of it, I believe I've run into this hassle-at-the end with Indi games before: fairly cool all the way through, but too frustrating at the end, where some sort of missed point messes things up or the mazes get just hair-ripping-out maddening. I wonder how many I left unfinished for exactly this kind of prob.)

So while I've enjoyed this game, I need to remember that I'm not at all happy with forced re-play.
SuzanneQ
Peasant

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am

SuzanneQ wrote:With only 4 saves, and before knowing there are several things to get in HU, how do you know to hang onto that particular one for hours, after you've already headed to other places, other fights?

I didn't keep on playing without trying to get back. Of course, sometimes you don't know whether or not you'll be able to get back to a place after leaving it, but in this case it was quite obvious for me. You step through that exit, but don't end up at the other side of the door, but elsewhere. And since there's no entrance to be found it was clear to me that this is a place I can't go back to. So before saving outside I reloaded the last file and went back to finish what needed to be done.

SuzanneQ wrote:(Come to think of it, I believe I've run into this hassle-at-the end with Indi games before: fairly cool all the way through, but too frustrating at the end, where some sort of missed point messes things up or the mazes get just hair-ripping-out maddening. I wonder how many I left unfinished for exactly this kind of prob.)

True, but that's Indy's style. That's why he's the Trickster. When you play one of his games you can be pretty sure that there will be tricky quests. I also don't like "acdcident-quests" that much (meaning you can only solve them when you stumble over the solution by accident), but in Moonchild this kind of quests is really limited. In fact there's only the truffle quest, all the others can be solved if you pay enough attention.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Monipsych » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:24 am

Quest 4 Renegades hideout it says after guards are sent you get an accessory from Llandon? Can't seem to get back into the hideout. Am I missing something?
My fault wrong location found it.
Monipsych
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Does all side-quests can be completed all the time or there is time sensitive quests?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby briony » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:32 am

You have to complete all quests before reading the grey book at the end leading to the last battles -so it best to get the magic tissues and then complete any quests except Underground Hallmark - that must be done when you are in there
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 am

There's not really a "time sensitive" quest, but you can miss those in the prison cause you can't get back there later. All the others can be done before the final battle I believe.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby D-Squall » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 pm

I have finished the game my second time but I still couldn't complete the ''Treasure of the Nords'' quest, it says 10miles north and 4 east from that lake. But I can't even go 10 steps up because there is a forest in the way.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 pm

It's 10 steps up and 4 steps right in total. Just walk as far up as you can go, then right, then up again, until you reach your goal.
(And you must start counting from the lake's position!)
Cassiopeia
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Moonchild - Goodies and Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)