Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

SYLIA: Feedback

SYLIA: Feedback

Postby Indinera » Fri May 13, 2011 5:15 pm

A place to put your feedback about the game. :)

Please post questions and/or bug reports in the dedicated topics, this should be just for the feedback about the game.

If you want to download the game, here goes:

Download Sylia
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: SYLIA: Feedback

Postby Alikamou » Fri May 13, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm definitely not done yet...but so far...
Loved the graphics, music +::Thumbup , and the ability to play with mouse or keyboard +::biggrin
The story line is wonderful and if you want to stay on the straight and narrow, you can follow along easily. The side quests are a HOOT +::clap I'm enjoying trying to complete them with all the twists and turns you need to do just to locate an item or to retrieve an item ;) Now for those that love mazes/dungeons???? This one is definitely for you +::fear There are some HUGE ones to conquer +::whistle I find the characters all very unique with their personalities and their skills. The items you locate or earn through searching or fighting are so beneficial to the characters that you can't just dismiss them ;) So I'm going looking for more +::biggrin But...and here is the bestest yet...the technical help and 'vague' hints from the co-conspirators of this game make continuing through sometimes tough situations (yeah...even in the casual or easy mode +:oops: ) a little more easier to handle ;) Thanks Indy and Enso +::kiss
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Indinera » Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 pm

You're welcome!

Thanks for this detailed feedback, much appreciated! :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sat May 14, 2011 2:11 am

I finished Sylia today and I'm inmensely satisfied with this game, it has a lot of fun factors: fun, comedy, good graphics, good musics, addictive, exploration, quests, secrets, twists, big game. Everything is great. Indy and Enso did an awesome job, even if the ending was sad, I liked it, it was kind of a relief to finish, after all I passed through many difficulties to finish. +::biggrin

Story: The story is the second most strong point of the game in my opinion, I mean... humans couldn't take care of Lady Godiva, thanks to that the task was left to the animals... little and defenseless creatures who no one would imagine that could acomplish lots of things. After playing more in the game, they prooved to be very useful, slowing down a a lot Godiva's plans for absording the planet's life, letting her even more angry and in the end they end up doing what humans couldn't do, stop her. Take it as a proof that everyone can do everything as long they don't give up. ^^ It was the lesson the game gave me. :)

Graphics: Graphics are very beautiful, I loved the details... but... I noticed that the maps were too much ''square shaped'' I would like that in Ensorcelled's next game that Enso would do bigger maps with a better mapping. Let aside the maps, the rest were beautiful... the artworks were very beautiful, I liked most Nestor's and Demi's artworks their faces were so cute. +::biggrin The items icons were very unique, I've never saw those icons in any other RPGMaker game, and the battle animations were beautifully done, I mean... when speak of RPGMaker games with side battle system, you can always expect characters stuck in the left side and monster stuck in the right side with standard RPGMaker animations, but no... the characters did move when attack or cast some kind of spells, and some monsters move too... like some bosses and flying creatures XD. Like that battles weren't boring at all.

Gameplay: The strongest point of the game, I mean... it was everything good. Exploration, secrets, side-quests, flower-charms, animas, relics, artfacts and puzzles at some dungeons, hard yet very rewarding... because you can always expect a exciting cutscene in the end of each dungeon hahaha. That's what kept me playing without stop since the game was released, I was excited to see more cutscenes since I've saw Godiva's conversation at Saffron and even if she was a villian (well, not so bad after she explains why she did what she did) I liked her, because she always keeps bragging of her awesomeness lol and Fritz, Fajito di Polo and Marquis de Mort were always praising her. XD

Music: I loved, every music... specially the battle themes of the cubes and the last battle themes. All of them gave a great excitment and fear (the last battles were damn hard, you could die anytime) The Sequoia music is amazing, sometimes I stopped the game just to listen to that music and the Cubes music were also very addicting, I did the same as I did with the Sequoia music, listening all the time. haha

To finish, this game is amazing, Indy and Enso did a great job. Great partnership. +::clap
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sat May 14, 2011 9:13 am

Thank you for your feedback, D-Squall. +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:46 pm

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY

Attention - there are a lot of spoilers inside!!!!!!!!

This game got a place very high up in my personal ranking of RPG games. For me it's high above MM. It's very unique and so full of new things and creative ideas.
It started quite like many other games do. You run around, try to find out how it works, how hard the fights are, where you find items ..... And then - BOOM - the humans fail their task and instead of them little animals continue their quest! And you can give them your own names (though this made it harder for me to know what people were talking about in the help sections because I simply forgot some of the original names +::biggrin ) and customize kitty and doggy. Nice!

In the beginning the game is really easy and you always know what you have to do. Actually almost all the side quests are doable without getting knots in your brain from trying to find the solution, and the items can be found too without help (if you're willing to go back and search again and try again instead of being lazy like me sometimes +:oops: ).
What I don't like in games is when the solution of something requires things you could hardly come up with yourself, or just luck. Here are also two or three things you can miss (like identifying the Pear of Growth), but not too many and that's okay for me.

One of the best things for me was that non party members also gained XP in fights. I remember Indy saying somewhere, some time, that this is not very realistic and that's true, yet it makes the gameplay much more flowing. You don't have to spend hours and hours on levelling up. A little bit here, a little bit there and apart from that just exploring the dungeons thoroughly is enough to gain good levels for all. Also you don't have to worry too much about resting, which is very relaxing. You always have by far enough food (in fact I hardly ever had to use it anyway) and there are other ways to gain back HP and SP, especially later on in the game.

Another great thing is the way relics and artifacts are used. I liked the way I had to identify lots of them before being able to use them and it was also cool to have an effect without having to equip them.
The only thing that really annoyed me though was getting the Crafted Kryptonite. I must have killed hundreds of those Bulbas before I eventually got it and that was the only thing that interrupted the gameplay massively. I wanted that thingy, but I became really angry while fighting for it. It reminded me of that *beep* Tantalus Krisser in LP1 - no good memories, honestly!

The gathering of animas and charms is a nice thing (though I'm not sure I completely understood what each of them was doing exactly). Also a cute addition is the recruiting of foes. I never used any of them until Cube B, but it was fun to find out if I can recruit them or not.

The boss fights are also very okay. I like challenging fights, but I hate fights where you just have to be lucky to win and can't do much more than hope. The Tarku God was tough, but once I had a good party and strategy it actually wasn't difficult anymore, just looooooooong. So you do have to try and find out who to use and which way, but then it's doable and you don't depend on luck.

Well, and then the cubes were just cool. Very confusing with all the lifts and teleporters! I like that.
The final was good, though imo Godiva and Mr. No-Legs went down pretty fast.

The very end .... hmmmmmmmmmmmm .... I'm not quite sure about that. I had three choices whom to leave there and tbh, I absolutely didn't mind. Obviously the choices in conversations during the game decide which characters I'm offered to leave there in the end. If my choices made a difference in how many characters I have to leave there and if, with the right choices, I even got the chance to get them all out, then I would pay much more attention to that. But as it is, one has to stay anyway. It has absolutely no effect anymore who you choose. You try out the different endings and that's it. Actually you don't really have to make a choice.
Also I missed a little to see the humans again in the end. Would have been nice to see their reactions.

But this is just peanuts compared to the rest of the game which has been really awesome. Definitely the best game I've played since I finished LF3 and now one of my favorites. I will replay it for sure to get the few things I've missed this time.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:14 pm

^^Thanks for your feedback Cassie! And...
Spoiler: show
actually the choices along the game do influence the number of characters you sacrifice AND... there is a good ending where you get to see the humans! ;)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 pm

+::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o

Okay, now you've made me really curious!

Spoiler: show
But then it's not too bad that I had to sacrifice only one, no?
And that "good ending" also depends on the choices??????
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby D-Squall » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 pm

The good ending is when you sacrifice no one.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Yeah, I figured that, LOL!
Just wondered if I can achieve that by the choices I make or if that gate can be defeated. Tbh, I didn't try very consequently yet! +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Alikamou » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 pm

+::lol When you do try it...you'll be pleasantly surprised +::biggrin then we going to wait to see if somethin' else comes up in the future ;)
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Well, I still didn't try it but I just wanted to and accidentally hit the one choice I obviously didn't try yet! STUPID ME!!!!!!!! +::Annoyed +::biggrin
Now I got to see the humans again ...... but I'm not sure if this is a "good ending"! +::O_o
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby cherie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:41 am

Hi everyone..I am newbie here...get stuck in Sylia..
Any body know about how to get balloon to rescue king's fiancee? thank you... :)
cherie
Peasant

Postby flavie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:16 pm

I just "finished" Sylia Act 1 (not from here),
I jumped on the temporary sale given there. What a surprise to discover it's not the full game. +::O_o +::O_o
I'm disgusted to not know what's coming next the Alien Cave. To be positive I think of the tedious parts I've missed (looking at the cubes maps) cos I like some dungeons to some extent. At the Alien Cave I couldn't perceive the Master Key.

Since available on Big Fish Sylia Act 2, I've finished it now! some feedback on the other page.
Last edited by flavie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Big Fish is supposed to release it and have been holding back the release for easily more than one year. Not sure where you got part 1 from but part 2 must be released on BFG first and then to other places. Why they are holding it back, I dunno. I've asked them repeatedly to release part 2 for the fans.

As a general rule, Aldorlea has the best versions of ALL the games I've made.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Sylia - Help and Questions