MM5 - Lady May

Re: MM5 - Lady May

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I do, but I doubt they have! +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, she can't watch her big sister??? Poor thing!

Nope, no peasant can... +::cry
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:58 pm

littlebro wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, she can't watch her big sister??? Poor thing!

Never heard of a periscope?

They don't have that. Norman would have to make one for them. But I'm sure he'll be busy trying to fix good ol' Gravitron. +::music +::sos
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 am

Indinera wrote:Nope, no peasant can... +::cry

:(
But she'll still be a playable character, won't she? At least for some part of the game?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby chrome » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am

Regarding Marine vs Lord Dragon, I'm probably the only one who don't agree with this match. Come on, Dragon probably have had years of training as a martial artist and more experience. Marine have only started as a martial artist recently and 6 days is a short time. There would have to be a miracle for Marine to win against Lord Dragon which I don't like. Sure Marine and Lord Dragon are the leaders but the reason they're having the showdown is to decide the rulers. To win the showdowns, skilled martial artists is needed but there are other qualities to be politicians/rulers not just strength/skills in martial arts. Which is why I think Dragon vs The Bear is better and Marine is a better leader than fighter, she's a natural leader, just, smart, stubborn, doesn't give up easily, have a lot of willpower, able to pull the other characters together to fight for their people, more sociable and easier to approach which I think The Bear lacks. Isn't that the reasons why the other characters followed her in her quest? Just my opinion.
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 am

To win the showdowns, skilled martial artists is needed but there are other qualities to be politicians/rulers not just strength/skills in martial arts.

That's the whole point of the showdown though. Myst is an ancient society giving a high value to tradition and Martial Arts is their main tradition. They think if you are a good Martial Artist, that makes you a good ruler. You need to see the bigger picture and not think by the standards of your (maybe western?) society. +::wizard

Which is why I think Dragon vs The Bear is better and Marine is a better leader than fighter, she's a natural leader, just, smart, stubborn, doesn't give up easily, have a lot of willpower, able to pull the other characters together to fight for their people, more sociable and easier to approach which I think The Bear lacks.

You are spot on with your descriptions of both. +::Thumbup +::music

Isn't that the reasons why the other characters followed her in her quest? Just my opinion.

Well some were easier to convince than others. It's also a matter of personality for them. Hirado wanted to help quite fast. Abu had his own particular reason. Salomé offered. Wolfgang wanted to help as that was what he had done all of his life with the villagers.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby chrome » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:04 am

Indinera wrote:
To win the showdowns, skilled martial artists is needed but there are other qualities to be politicians/rulers not just strength/skills in martial arts.

That's the whole point of the showdown though. Myst is an ancient society giving a high value to tradition and Martial Arts is their main tradition. They think if you are a good Martial Artist, that makes you a good ruler. You need to see the bigger picture and not think by the standards of your (maybe western?) society. +::wizard

Okay, good point. But I can't help but think that the bolded part could be the downfall of Mystrock someday... Imagine someone like Kusinov ruling, the horror.

Isn't that the reasons why the other characters followed her in her quest? Just my opinion.

Well some were easier to convince than others. It's also a matter of personality for them. Hirado wanted to help quite fast. Abu had his own particular reason. Salomé offered. Wolfgang wanted to help as that was what he had done all of his life with the villagers.

But if they didn't have someone like Marine as a leader, the group - made of characters with different personalities and backgrounds, could fall apart.
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 am

Okay, good point. But I can't help but think that the bolded part could be the downfall of Mystrock someday... Imagine someone like Kusinov ruling, the horror.

It has happened in reality with votes too +::whistle
In fact Kusinov is kinda a typical ruler. Merryll would be odder. But then again Merryll wouldn't even want to rule in the first place, he just wants to be a part of it and enjoy himself.

But if they didn't have someone like Marine as a leader, the group - made of characters with different personalities and backgrounds, could fall apart.

Yes she is the glue to stick it all together xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kylie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:01 am

Oh!
Lady May!
She's lovely!
Saehral is an amazing artist!
If I have a ton of typos, it is because I am on my phone and I have the tiniest keypad ever! Please excuse my mistakes! :)
Kylie
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:30 am

Yes she is. Thanks!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby nancyred » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:34 pm

If Marine does go up against Lord Dragon, it would likely be the final contest in the showdown: leader v. leader. That means the score would have to be tied up to that point, 84 wins for each side. Just imagine how excited the huge crowd of spectators will be then...
nancyred
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:56 pm

nancyred wrote:If Marine does go up against Lord Dragon, it would likely be the final contest in the showdown: leader v. leader. That means the score would have to be tied up to that point, 84 wins for each side. Just imagine how excited the huge crowd of spectators will be then...

True. Except the last match won't be Marine vs Dragon (it occurs earlier).
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby nancyred » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

So how is the matchup order assigned? Does it go from (perceived) weakest to strongest? Is it random, like drawing straws? Is there some other method?
nancyred
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:36 pm

It's random.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby briony » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Yes but regardless of who wins it does change the outlook of Lord Dragon and make Myst a much better place for everybody
briony
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Millennium 5: The Battle of the Millennium - Help and Questions