Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Play It Again, Sam

Play It Again, Sam

Postby MiladyDW777 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Has anyone else been replaying in anticipation of MM5? I'm about 1/4 of the way through MM4, again, and am feeling more grateful for some of the posts on the forums than I was the first couple of times now that I know a BIT more about what to expect. ... and because I actually bothered to read the guide carefully this time... +:oops:

But I made some decisions early on in MM1, and especially in MM2, that have proven to be absolutely INVALUABLE in my MM4 gameplay, and I think they'll pay off in MM5.

(That is, assuming Indy isn't reading what we're posting and thinking "Oh, wait a minute, they can't keep THAT in the import file." Because Indy is a cruel, cruel man who taunts me with the possibility of Bokden being a really bad dude... +::fear )

So, if you ARE playing again, what's in YOUR wallet??? (To quote an amusing American TV commercial.) Examples from mine:

* I haven't used a single enhancement item from the very beginning unless it was necessary (i.e., snore peas, philosophical pages, swamp pimento). I've got far more now than I'd expected. I'm hoping to use them to immediately enhance CERTAIN CHARACTERS' failings (SPEED UP, JAMES!!!!! +::grrr )
* I spent copious amounts of time in Crystal Crown during MM2, gathering enough diamonds that I had enough to max out Elder Mandragore and Super Phials, AND I held on to enough that I'm going to be able to provide all available training to ALL the characters in the Ancient Temple (JAMES, DAMMIT, WHY CAN'T I SPEED YOU UP???? +::grrr +::grrr )
* I've got a minimum goal in mind for all the characters' levels in terms of Hand to Hand AND general level, and am about 1/3 of the way there.
* I've sold some things, but special items or items that seemed like they MIGHT be special (wood plank, I'm looking at YOU), they are still in my uber long inventory.
* Before finishing each game, I went to the various stores and bought EVERYTHING unique: i.e., box of bugs (PRICELESS), bread, any variation of mandragore or dinner.

I've showed you mine; you show me yours!!! What do YOU think is key to success in the four games thus far? What do you have that's going to help you continue that success in MM5?
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Re: Play It Again, Sam

Postby D-Squall » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm not playing again but you said lots of things that I do too: spend all the money before each game's end, buy exquisite items, 99 of items lke super potions and elder mandragore.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby littlebro » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Like you I've used no enhancement item, got them all stored up for the finale. I do that in every game, because how do I know what I'm going to need until the end?

I also spent all my money on items like the ones you mentioned.

So, this is either a case of "great minds think alike" or "fools seldom differ". Take your pick (but know that if you go for the second something dreadful will happen to you).
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darchole » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 pm

I will play M5 as soon as it comes out, but I'm waiting until after M5 is released to replay everything; I'm probably only going to have time to do 1 replay (mostly because I'd like to finally be able to play Book of Legend and Moonchild, also Edolie when it comes out), and I'd like to know what will be useful so I can streamline everything. Also when I do replay a game series, I like to do them all at once (I'm looking at you, 3 Stars, Laxius Power and Force, and the new Laxius S*** that will be coming out.)

For example - Will that stick be useful every again? Is it worth leveling up everyone, if there are some fights that are never winnable? Is it worth buying 99 of every item, or at least one of every weapon? Are diamonds going to be useful item to stock up and resell in M5?
darchole
Bard

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:43 am

Very interesting topic. Most of what Milady did will remain sort of useful in MM5. I have already the game planned and I don't intend to alter it anyway. :)
Training everyone IS a good idea, here is a scoop for you. ;)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm currently replaying MM4, too.
I already have an almost perfect save, but I intend to train everyone's Bare Hands to lvl 6...
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby sunfluer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:16 pm

I replayed them this fall to get the "perfect" save file too. I have bought 99 of everything that I can and used very little in order to save them for the Battle of the Millennium. I have also kept all of my weapons just in case and if I don't need them, then I can sell them if I need gold. I also spent time to level everyone up to the level 6 on hand to hand and it did take a lot of time and forethought due to seemingly less reoccurring enemies to fight in MM4 and people staying behind at different times. I am ready thought and I am so excited to see the grand finale! I know if will be a great game of quality!
+::YAY +::music +::Dance +::clap +::Thumbup +::biggrin
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:44 pm

so many perfect files lol LD should feel afraid +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darchole » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 am

Indinera wrote: Training everyone IS a good idea, here is a scoop for you. ;)

Even Piu-Piu?
darchole
Bard

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:26 am

piuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

(seems *he* thinks so ^^)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Aggeliki » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:47 pm

i have an almost perfect save too, with the same strategy as Milady's!!!

edit:btw Indy?no other ingame screenies till release date? +::cry +::surrender

and is it ok to use Nalla's pic for my avatar?if you don't agree i will remove it!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 pm

edit:btw Indy?no other ingame screenies till release date?

I will probably reveal some new ones at some point, but busy with the yearly Tops right now.

and is it ok to use Nalla's pic for my avatar?if you don't agree i will remove it!

I totally agree :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MiladyDW777 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Indinera wrote:Very interesting topic. Most of what Milady did will remain sort of useful in MM5. I have already the game planned and I don't intend to alter it anyway. :)

Good to know! I think... +::fear +::fear +::fear

Indinera wrote:Training everyone IS a good idea, here is a scoop for you. ;)

Even the potentially traitorous Bokden and the uber-irritating Jezebel? +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:00 pm

I can't confirm for someone in particular, I'm afraid. +::Dunno
That statement was just, err, general. +::lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera