Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Play It Again, Sam

Re: Play It Again, Sam

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:02 am

i agree with darkhole!jezabel is abnoxious and self centered but she would be a bit too obvious as a traitor..maybe we have to fear the unexpected here..say, a person who appears loyal and supportive but whose motives remain hidden from the beginning of the saga!!
i expect people from both sides to change sides,not literally, but helping the enemy side or sabotaging their own party..
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 pm

MiladyDW777 wrote:I was willing to forgive her the MM3 debacle, and I was even willing to go so far as to let her off the hook, with prejudice, when she jumped on the "pay me" bandwagon in MM4. But there are two moments in MM4 where she doesn't even SAY anything, just reacts BADLY, that lead me to believe she's not to be relied upon.

All that said? I still think she's a really cool character, GORGEOUSLY drawn, and the whole sequence in which she said goodbye to her gripphin gets me choked up every. single. time. I replay. If indeed she does wind up redeeming herself in MM5, I'll be the first in line to apologize AND the first on my feet to applaud.

Isn't the Bear just as bad as her though?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Aggeliki wrote:i agree with darkhole!jezabel is abnoxious and self centered but she would be a bit too obvious as a traitor..maybe we have to fear the unexpected here..say, a person who appears loyal and supportive but whose motives remain hidden from the beginning of the saga!!
i expect people from both sides to change sides,not literally, but helping the enemy side or sabotaging their own party..

who would do that in mystrock?? +::O_o +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MiladyDW777 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Indinera wrote:Isn't the Bear just as bad as her though?

Not in my mind. The Bear didn't want to do it, fought like hell NOT to do it, but the reason he didn't was because he'd tried once before and failed. He's got no reason to suddenly embrace the dark side.
"Boring and bloated speech incoming in three, two, one..."

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:00 pm

I wasn't actually talking about his traitor potential, but rather his overall personality. Jez is often bashed for being unpleasant (let's put it that way) but isn't the Bear really no better?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Aggeliki » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:55 am

i agree with Indy! the Bear is worse than Jezabel +::fear !on the other hand he is not the deserter type, while Jez potentially is!

as for the Mystrock team:Lord Dragon himself will end any attemption to ruin Marine's efforts, cause he doesn't tolerate injustice!if ,for example, Borgon tries to sabotage Marine's training, Lord Dragon will get furious and even punish him!so, in a way, this is indirect help towards Marine!and maybe there are other members of the Mystrock group that think like this..if they are loyal to Dragon and his principles they may want to report any suspicious move from Borgon's side..
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby MiladyDW777 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 am

Indinera wrote:I wasn't actually talking about his traitor potential, but rather his overall personality. Jez is often bashed for being unpleasant (let's put it that way) but isn't the Bear really no better?

Oh, The Bear is a rageball, and could definitely use an anger management counselor. And, if we're going to dig into the whole personality issue, there've been plenty of times in all four games when I've wanted to reach through the monitor and slap the hooey out of Sir Gloom-and-Doom Benoit. I'll even cop to a couple of moments of "Put a SOCK in it!!!" when JackandJames are doing their usual routine at yet another inappropriate moment.

The difference between those guys vs Jezabel, though, is their commitment to Marine or their word. I don't for a second think the Bear feels much for Marine yet, other than sheer exasperation, but the man gave his word, and he strikes me as the type who does NOT go back on it. Benoit has stuck with Marine from the beginning, and genuinely cares about her (PLATONICALLY, PEOPLE!!!). JackandJames... fine, I forgive them a lot because they're really really pretty +::heart +::heart +::heart , but they're also loyal.

As for Jez, I've already stated I'd have forgiven her for bailing on Marine in MM3 AND about wanting to be paid in MM4, and her personality never bothered me any more than Benoit's predictions of imminent failure. It's those two reaction moments in MM4 that sent me over the edge and brought on all the doubt and distrust. THAT'S when her personality became much much worse. I can put up with a lot if I know (or THINK I know) I can trust a character.

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby MiladyDW777 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:35 am

I'm playing the updated versions of the games, and I've been SO pleasantly surprised with all the changes! Some are subtle, some are WOW!!!, but they're all more than enough justification to play it all over again.
+::clap +::Dance +::clap +::Dance +::clap

Anyone else replaying?

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

I'm glad you love the additions so much. I did work quite a lot to revamp the games, especially number 4. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MiladyDW777 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Indinera wrote:I'm glad you love the additions so much. I did work quite a lot to revamp the games, especially number 4. :)

OOOOO!!! I'm almost done with 2, it's a three-day weekend, so guess what I'M going to do???
+::YAY +::YAY +::YAY

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat May 25, 2013 9:38 pm

3 - the best IMO :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MiladyDW777 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:27 pm

I do have a very special fondness for 3. Soooooo much pretty in 3... +::heart +::heart +::heart

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat May 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes, I did well with the Witch Covens. :)
And the dragon part is pretty epic IMO.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MiladyDW777 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:05 pm

... um, yes. That was EXACTLY what I meant. I was absolutely referring to THOSE THINGS.

And not JackandJames and Hirado... +:oops: +:oops: +:oops:

"AHAHA YOU SUCK!!!"
MiladyDW777
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun May 26, 2013 12:20 pm

+::whistle +::lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera