Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Trusted ally, Conniving supporter, Traitor, or Deserter?

Re: Trusted ally, Conniving supporter, Traitor, or Deserter?

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:34 am

Kirin wrote:
i suppose that a love affair between Dragon and Marine would fulfill most of the forum girls' dream ending !!but i am not sure if you include it in the senario!

I'm not even sure how to feel about this one. But if a romance between Marine and Lord Dragon is possible, the development would be VERY interesting. It'll be either a love-love, love-hate, hate-hate, or just something strange.

...By the way, just HOW OLD IS HE? Isn't Marine in her early teens?

She is 15.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 am

briony wrote:And what about Gave( I think that is his name)- nobody seems to know much about his interests- Lord Borgon was concerned about him early on but now concentrates more on Marine and her party+:: +::O_o

Gavin. He is an old man and a much less serious opponent since he won't bother invoking the Martial Law.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kirin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Oh, I was actually wonder how old Lord Dragon was, not Marine.

But anyway, back to the topic, I think of it like this:

Trusted Ally: Benoit. Come on, he's been there for Marine through thick and thin. He's definitely there to support her no matter what.

As for the spy/traitor bit, I'm thinking Jezabel. Yeah, when I think about it, she stayed behind in MM3, but decided to go back out of guilt? I'm thinking there's something else going on with her actions. It could also be possible that she's being coerced into spying if something was on the line for her. (Perhaps her beloved griffin?)

For Lord Dragon's side, I think either Dragon himself, the Sage or Lady May. Either of the two would be more supportive because Lady May knows that many of her colleagues are big-headed jerks. Same with the Sage. Dragon finds out about Borgon's plans in the end of MM4 and I think Dragon now has an eye on him.

As for deserter, maybe Bokden? He's not bad, but he's a free spirit. I wouldn't be surprised if he ditches the competition after his turn because he wants to wander around.
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Oh, I was actually wonder how old Lord Dragon was, not Marine.

He's about 25-30.

Trusted Ally: Benoit. Come on, he's been there for Marine through thick and thin. He's definitely there to support her no matter what.

As for the spy/traitor bit, I'm thinking Jezabel. Yeah, when I think about it, she stayed behind in MM3, but decided to go back out of guilt? I'm thinking there's something else going on with her actions. It could also be possible that she's being coerced into spying if something was on the line for her. (Perhaps her beloved griffin?)

For Lord Dragon's side, I think either Dragon himself, the Sage or Lady May. Either of the two would be more supportive because Lady May knows that many of her colleagues are big-headed jerks. Same with the Sage. Dragon finds out about Borgon's plans in the end of MM4 and I think Dragon now has an eye on him.

As for deserter, maybe Bokden? He's not bad, but he's a free spirit. I wouldn't be surprised if he ditches the competition after his turn because he wants to wander around.

Good theories! That said - if one party fails to deliver 13 warriors, the other automatically wins... +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby briony » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

To be honest I do not think that Marine's party can will+:: +::cry BUT I think that now Lord Dragon is aware of what Lord Borgon has been up to- he will keep a watch on him and his party- Lord Dragon is a fair and honest participant and plays by the rules- any unfairness would not go down well with him- just maybe one of his party may be forced to withdraw so then Marine would win by default+:: +::biggrin
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby darchole » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 am

Kirin wrote:For Lord Dragon's side, I think either Dragon himself, the Sage or Lady May. Either of the two would be more supportive because Lady May knows that many of her colleagues are big-headed jerks. Same with the Sage. Dragon finds out about Borgon's plans in the end of MM4 and I think Dragon now has an eye on him.

Well, it seems like the Sage has already helped Marine and her party. It seems like the hints so far is that the Sage is there for pre-fight issues, and won't be involved directly in deciding issues once the challenges start. +::Dunno If so there's not much help left for the Sage to provide.

For the people I think might "help" Marine's party are:

1. Lord Borgon. Pride goes before a fall and all that.
2. Meryll. Doesn't seem to know how to stop running his mouth.
3. Hitomi. More of an ego thing for him, to show how good he is at the martial arts.

(Help meaning an advantage, but not necessarily intentional.)
darchole
Bard

Postby Aggeliki » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am

hmmm..winning is possible if we think that the party has a six days' time to train hard +::grrr ..crucial changes may occur during these days..
to be honest, it crossed my mind too, that the final outcome will not only be a matter of which party wins the tournament ..i think that this challenge will alter the characters and their relationship and in the end that's a much more serious aspect than the number of victories in the tournament..we saw a case where Marine lost 3 times to the Bear but she finally won!she pesuaded him by her actions!..maybe we see this pattern again in the final episode!! 8) +::whistle
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby chrome » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 am

Most if not all of Lord Dragon's party are trained martial artist. It does seem impossible for Marine's party to win even if they have six days to train.

My bet on who's the traitor/spy is Hirado. Jezabel is an obvious choice. But Hirado joins Marine early in on MM1 but he wasn't present several times in the games. He says he's training for the showdown but no one can confirm that is what he's been doing. Marine made a comment on how Hirado is a bit of a loner and keeps to himself in MM3. The monks at the Monastery said that Hirado always travels far from the Monastery making him different from the other monks. Even that one monk who's help by Marine from thieves does not go far from the Monastery as Hirado.

Kirin wrote:Trusted Ally: Benoit. Come on, he's been there for Marine through thick and thin. He's definitely there to support her no matter what.

I agree to this.
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 pm

My bet on who's the traitor/spy is Hirado. Jezabel is an obvious choice. But Hirado joins Marine early in on MM1 but he wasn't present several times in the games. He says he's training for the showdown but no one can confirm that is what he's been doing. Marine made a comment on how Hirado is a bit of a loner and keeps to himself in MM3. The monks at the Monastery said that Hirado always travels far from the Monastery making him different from the other monks. Even that one monk who's help by Marine from thieves does not go far from the Monastery as Hirado.

Do you consider him a potential spy (or an agent of Mystrock)?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Kirin wrote:As for deserter, maybe Bokden? He's not bad, but he's a free spirit. I wouldn't be surprised if he ditches the competition after his turn because he wants to wander around.

Somehow, I cannot imagine Bokden not living up to his promise. As I understand his character, he is more responsible than he might seem at first sight. My guess is, that he's the "I don't want to promise anything because I would need to honor it." type.

Btw, since we are talking about traitors, I will just add that motivation and common goals can be a deciding factor here. Let's take The Bear as an example. Marine wants the Showdown, because she wants a better life for the country. But The Bear doesn't really share this goal. For him, it's probably more about a revenge. So it can be a very "unstable" alliance in the end. What if Marine needed him to refrain from fighting or something like that...

I'm also very curious, what role will Marine's mom play in the end.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby darchole » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 pm

chrome wrote:Most if not all of Lord Dragon's party are trained martial artist. It does seem impossible for Marine's party to win even if they have six days to train.

Yes but what's his motivation? I can see more training from Mystrock being a possibility, except by his other actions he seems to think he is better than some/all of them. Other than training he likes to travel, but he's done just fine without any money, and the people from Mystrock don't do travel either.

I don't like Jezabel for the traitor, because I don't think she could negotiate with Lord Borgon for that amount of gold (yes I'm staying she's less than stellar intelligence which you would need to deal with Borgon). And what's she spending it on? It's not like she can buy another gripphin.
darchole
Bard

Postby darchole » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:17 pm

+::sos Indinera, are we going to find out about the rest of the Lords or Ladies of Mystrock before M5 releases?
darchole
Bard

Postby chrome » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

darchole wrote:
chrome wrote:Most if not all of Lord Dragon's party are trained martial artist. It does seem impossible for Marine's party to win even if they have six days to train.

Yes but what's his motivation? I can see more training from Mystrock being a possibility, except by his other actions he seems to think he is better than some/all of them. Other than training he likes to travel, but he's done just fine without any money, and the people from Mystrock don't do travel either.

I actually haven't given much thought about his motivation. +:oops: The fact that he's not present half of the game got me suspicious +:oops: Maybe he do need money. Was his reason of going to the Sapphire Cave mentioned? I can't remember some stuff from MM1. Perhaps he was searching for gold but got stuck in a sticky situation instead(the demon). Then, comes Marine, so if Marine wins the showdown and he'll be able to get some gold for his problem(that haven't been mentioned yet?). But another opportunity comes: Lord Borgon offering gold for information on Marine's party activities. Or I'm 100% wrong and Hirado doesn't have any problems and have a pretty carefree life before and now he's doing his best for the showdown by training a lot.

I may have this suspicion of Hirado but he's actually one of my favorites in Millennium :) I'll be happy if I'm wrong and Hirado stays loyal and sincere to Marine until the end :)
chrome
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:34 pm

darchole wrote:+::sos Indinera, are we going to find out about the rest of the Lords or Ladies of Mystrock before M5 releases?

define "find out" +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darchole » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Indinera wrote:
darchole wrote:+::sos Indinera, are we going to find out about the rest of the Lords or Ladies of Mystrock before M5 releases?

define "find out" +::O_o

A picture, a name, a gender, a starting letter of a name ;) something?
darchole
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Millennium 5: The Battle of the Millennium - Help and Questions