Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Question about mouse control

Re: Question about mouse control

Postby Madmar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Ok, I admit I am no computer genius but the mouse was working then I shut down for a while, came back and no mouse again. If I try to switch to mouse control the "yes" will not highlight. I am going to delete and download again.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:21 pm

This is a bit confusing.
First enter the game and select mouse control ON, then save and exit.
Next, go in the game's main folder, double-click on MM5.ini and at the very bottom of the text find mouse= and put mouse=1.
Tell me if this helps.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ricbyrne » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:04 pm

I tried setting mouse=1, but was not allowed to save the chance. Confirmed save said MM5.ini already exists. Do you want to replace it? When I selected YES, I received Access is denied! I hate this loss of mouse function bug. I dealt with it before, in another game and it took a lot of time to figure out the problem. +::grrr
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:09 pm

You should be able to save, this is not a problem with the game but with the computer not allowing you to save and in fact I'm starting to think this might be the whole problem.
Can you try to copy the game's folder directly on your desktop and make the changes from there?
Computers are so stupid when they try to be controlling and not allowing you to save or do whatever you want. +::stop
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ricbyrne » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:39 pm

I went back into the MM5.ini file and the mouse setting was now set to 1 but still no mouse! I also tried deleting and reinstalling the game, with no results.

Here is a copy of the file, as it exists. The only change was somehow the Mouse=0 was changed to Mouse=1.

[Game]
Library=RGSS102E.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=Millennium 5 (Aldorlea Games)
RTP1=
RTP2=
RTP3=
Text_Shadow=1
Shadow_Transparancy=200
big_mouse = 0
Play_Music=1
Play_Sound_Effects=1
Battles 150% Faster=0
Guiding Arrows=0
Fullscreen=1
Disable Mouse=
Mouse=1

I also notice Guiding Arrows are set to zero. I had asked that Guiding Arrows be set to my game. Should that not be set to 1?
Hope this helps.
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Have you copied the game's folder on the desktop like I asked you? It seems your computer prevents from writing (and saving) on the INI file, so of course this causes the game not to behave properly.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ricbyrne » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Just to be clear! Do I need to just have the MM5.ini file on my desk top or the whole games files? In my frustration, I deleted the game and re-installed it to my desktop. Game works with mouse now. Thanks for your help. Perhaps this topic will help others that encounter that problem in the future. +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:13 pm

The whole game should be on the desktop (hopefully the computer doesn't prevent u to make changes on stuff that is on the desktop... for instance you should be able to edit and save the MM5.ini file WHENEVER u want...)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby SilviaCO » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:07 am

Indinera wrote:The whole game should be on the desktop (hopefully the computer doesn't prevent u to make changes on stuff that is on the desktop... for instance you should be able to edit and save the MM5.ini file WHENEVER u want...)

Hi, Indinera. I am having the same problem: no mouse control. Having read this thread first, I uninstalled MM5 (without deleting everything, though) and moved the file in the 'downloads' folder to the desktop, as you indicated. I installed everything there and successfully altered the MM5.ini file, as you taught (mouse=1 on the last line), then saving it by substituting the previous file.

I launched the game - from the desktop - and imported my MM4 file. By the way, I have always used the mouse in previous MMs, including the 4. I was filled with enthusiasm to see the mouse pointer during the opening screens (if I remember correctly, this did not happen when I tried to play from the 'standard' installation). However, the moment I enter the game "per se" and it requests me to inform if I want to skip the introduction or not, the use of the mouse is not possible and its pointer, not visible any longer.

Going through the motions (the game offers no question whether I want to activate mouse control or not), I save as requested and then enter the Options screen. When you get to the mouse line, it allows you to use the side arrows to change from 'yes' to 'no', but the 'no' is already highlighted, and no matter how many times you 'enter' yes, the highlight does not change and your option is not respected.

Is there anything else you suggest that I try? In case you need to know, I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits with Service Pack 1. Help! +::cry
SilviaCO
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:22 am

put it on the desktop, not downloads, then modify the ini then launch the game and make sure to choose mouse control on, save. check if the ini still says mouse=1. if so, you should be good.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby SilviaCO » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Indinera wrote:put it on the desktop, not downloads, then modify the ini then launch the game and make sure to choose mouse control on, save. check if the ini still says mouse=1. if so, you should be good.

Indinera, I apologize for apparently not expressing myself clearly enough in my previous msg. I meant to say that - instead of downloading again - I got the file I had already downloaded from the 'downloads' file, copied it to the desktop and, only then, I installed it there. I explain this as it may be useful to someone else. I only had to make sure to click on the right icon, i.e. the one that would start the version just installed on the desktop.

Thanks to your observation, I now went to (re)check and inexplicably, the .ini file was unaltered! I swear I had checked it before! My bad! Now I renamed the 'old' file and created a new one and IT WORKED!! I guess this happened because the .ini file is opened by Wordpad (I think that's the name in English), and it prompts you to save a .txt file. I probably did not observe that before.

Thank you very much for your patience and swift cooperation, as usual! +::clap +::clap +::YAY All the best, Sílvia
SilviaCO
Peasant

Previous

Return to Millennium 5: The Battle of the Millennium - Help and Questions