Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Confused and some questions

Confused and some questions

Postby Orchid Queen » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:06 pm

I decided to return to the Pit of Infinity to raise the levels. I wanted to use the same groups as I did on the first go. So, I went in with Marine (82), Bokden (81), Wolfgang (80) and James (76). Their skills have changed, which I assume happened after the first trip to the Pit and was planned. However, except for Marine, and healing for the others, none of the skills are availlable. Is this correct?
Is it worth going to the Pit a second time? Some characters are really low but they're not the ones going into the showdown, I don't think. Maybe Mom will be in the showdown and she is only at 38,The remaining characters are all high 70's and 80's.

Incidental questions that have been bugging me.
Can Jeanne's Boosts all be used in the one fight?
How long do the boosts last?
Not all the characters appear in the party screen e.g. no Gravitron, no Norman. Is this right? It's been like this since the start of the game when Dee, Piu-Piu and others weren't shown. Is this right?
Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanks in anticipation.
Orchid Queen
Bard

Re: Confused and some questions

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes, they have achieved their new skills thanks to the "hell" of the Pit of Infinity. But not only the skills. Just go ahead and fight your way through the Pit again to level them up and you'll be nicely surprised!
And it's definitely worth it. I levelled them all up there to at least 80 in no time and if you like you can go on to higher levels. It won't take you very long.

Orchid Queen wrote:Can Jeanne's Boosts all be used in the one fight?

Which "one fight"? The showdown? If so, the answer is
Spoiler: show
Nope

Orchid Queen wrote:ow long do the boosts last?

Depends on the boost, some a little longer than others. I never really counted, but I'd say 6 or 7 hits, maybe less sometimes.

Orchid Queen wrote:Not all the characters appear in the party screen e.g. no Gravitron, no Norman. Is this right? It's been like this since the start of the game when Dee, Piu-Piu and others weren't shown. Is this right?

Norman and Gravitron are both still walking around on the beach, so yes, they're not in your party anymore. But you won't need them anymore now.

As for charas that are not needed for the showdown - that's all those who can equip a weapon on their right hand instead of fighting with bare hands.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:17 pm

First of all, those skills like High-Jump or Trick are only available in the showdown so they are unusable yes. And Mom will not be performing in the showdown only Marine, Benoit, Karine, Hirado, Abu, Jezabel, Jack, James, Salome, Wolfgang, Bokden, Bear and Old Suzuki. Don't even bother leveling the others, and you don't have to level the showdown fighters too much either.

None of Jeanne's Boosts or anything of Jeanne is usable in the showdown...
Norman was never a playable character and Gravitron isn't available after the Pit of Infinity. But all the other characters should be available. P.S. Once you go to the Tartarian Pass, Blondie leaves the party and you never see her again. (IIRC)

EDIT: Awww Cassie you beat me to it... +::cry +::cry
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:25 pm

LOL, well twice the information is even better, right?

loof123 wrote:and you don't have to level the showdown fighters too much either.

I guess you're right about that. Lv 80 was all well, the weaker ones I had a little higher (like Salome for instance). But I don't think it's the levels that guarantee success in that showdown.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:26 pm

It's strategy with luck tbh :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Exactly! +::Thumbup
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Orchid Queen » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks.
I'm going through the Pit again just for the hell of it.
I realised Mom wasn't a party member as soon as I submitted the query. Silly me!

I was talking about Jeanne's boosts during any fight not the showdown. I realise that's different.

Poor Blondie. I thought she might have been Lord Draco's long lost sister. Again, silly me!

Thanks again everyone.
Orchid Queen
Bard

Postby loof123 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 pm

But Blondie is related by blood to somebody else... +::whistle +::whistle +::whistle
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Aggeliki » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:12 am

i went in the pit for a bit of levelling up again, but i did it in the first 2 screens where a black dragon is..this dragon gives a looot of exp in every fight so my parties levelled fast!
i raised the level to 90 for everyone coz in my 1st playthrough they were in their 80's and the showdown was very hard..i think the level matters as long as other parameteres like strategy, luck etc..with everyone in their 90's the showdown was a piece of cake!! (though Wolfgang was hopeless anyway!)
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:30 am

Yeah, Wolfgang is such a letdown! :razz: He looks so strong, yet he's so weak! And he only has I think 3 spells available for 13 rounds! +::surrender
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 am

Wolfgang may be hopeless, but I think he got 3 or 4 wins for me. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:49 pm

+::lol He got 2 for me from Jack and Peter +::YAY But he is just tooooo slow +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby loof123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:21 pm

and tooooo weak...

My James kicked Merryll's face! He rocks! +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 pm

+::lol Grandpa did, too! +::lol +::biggrin The Bear was no losses, Karen and Bokden came next and Old Suzuki and Marine, must be in the family genes, followed after that. Surprising was Jezabel +::whistle Benoit came around with Hirado and...James +::O_o +::biggrin Wolfgang was my weak link with 2 +::biggrin Just had to make every effort to have everyone win AT LEAST ONE FIGHT! +::tired Oh how +::fear and exhausting it was! +::biggrin It got better after the 7th round. Then I got the hang of the strategy....sort of +::Dunno Since I needed to replay from round 7 at least 5 times to get the true ending...I also got surprised trying out different stuff +::biggrin Most of the time it made the outcome too good +::biggrin Well...we'll see what the outcome will be this second time with an import +::Dance Want to see how the charas develop with their different promotions to start and see what else may have changed ;)
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby loof123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Jez was quite surprising indeed, I won most of my fights with her :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Next

Return to Millennium 5: The Battle of the Millennium - Help and Questions