Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Fantasyche

Fantasyche

Postby Indinera » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 pm

FANTASYCHE

$5.99 only!!

Image Image

This is the latest game by Studio 69, the developer behind Data Hacker.

SUMMARY:

Journey to the land of o'Fabrica; a fantastical land enriched with ancient majiques and powerful kingdoms.
Only... it's all in Mike's head, or so he thinks.
Set both in the real world, and in the majiqual land of o'Fabrica, you play as Mike; a young man who uses this fantasy realm to deal with manifestations of his own mental afflictions.
Team up with manifestations of Hope, Faith and Determination in an effort to defeat Mike's Self-Doubt, Grief and other negative emotions.

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Fantasyche

Postby D-Squall » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:25 pm

Wow, august seems to be a busy month.

But I can't see the pictures.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Now uploaded, and yes, very busy lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Nekos » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:27 am

OK, there are things that are bugging me from the images.

Firstly that eye in the portrait is so... off for anatomy...
Secondly the Grass around the water hasn't changed its colour like the rest of the grass.

I feel that this game was... rushed...
Nekos
Bard

Postby Studio69 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 am

Hi guys, just letting you know there's a patch up the deals with a missing file error. Keep on top of patches at www.studio69games.com for the smoothest experience.

Hope you're enjoying it so far.

Ross
Official Website - www.newrealitygames.co.uk
Studio69
Peasant

Postby drakov » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 am

Hm, it uses the Coyote's image (the black/blue/red "dog") from the webcomic Gunnerkrigg Court, http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=272
Did Tom Siddell (the creator of the comic) give his permission to use his character? +:::|

Edit: The aforementioned image (http://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/g ... shot49.png) was removed from the post without any explanation. Interesting...
Last edited by drakov on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winter Is Coming.
drakov
Bard

Postby Nekos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Why do RPG Maker games need a kickstarter? It seems very pointless. And from the post above it seems that assets were stolen from others.
Nekos
Bard

Postby Studio69 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 am

The Gunnerkrigg thing was a complete, honest mistake. The art asset in question was provided by a third party, and we at S69 were unaware of the comic in question. Apologies and amendments were made as soon as we were made aware of this.

As for "why do RPG Maker games need a Kickstarter" - S69 consists of, well, me. There are others that contribute that aren't exactly tied to the company. Game art assets (both aesthetic and aural) are not cheap. In fact, even an RPG Maker game (the engine is totally irrelevant to the cost, really) with entirely custom assets can cost upwards of several thousand in asset creation alone.

The money raised by this campaign paid for the following:

The production of Boxed copies (there is still a market for this),
Character Portraits,
Original Soundtrack,
A couple of other bits and pieces, here and there.

Game creation is the collaboration of many different fields of expertise. Myself? I'm a writer first and foremost, and video games are my medium for telling stories.

I think this answers your questions pretty well :)
Studio69
Peasant

Postby Nekos » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 am

I am also a game developer using RPG Maker.

The only money I spent for the game was about $60 / £40 for the RPG Maker VX license, everything else was free as it was made by me, though a lot of it was the RTP assets.
Now I am making my second game, so far I have spent £0 and it still seems that through the development I will be spending £0. If anything I would only need money for marketing and advertising, but I also have the lovely folks on here and on Amaranthia. I will honestly say that if I am to do a Kickstarter it would be for something not made in RPG Maker... or any game engine that I haven't made. But this is just my personal opinion.
Nekos
Bard

Postby drakov » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank you for your answer Studio69! I appreciate your effort for clarifying this situtation with the art.

One of my must trusted videogame studio had a similar issue with a third party, in that case audio effects from a totally unknown game called Warcraft 2 by Blizzard. +:oops:
Winter Is Coming.
drakov
Bard

Postby loof123 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:34 am

Warcraft 2 = Unknown +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Studio69 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:18 am

Mistakes happen. It just sucks when you have to apologise when it doesn't feel like you've not personally done anything wrong... haha. I guess it's all part of the experience of running a company.

@Nekos- It's nice that you have the artistic flair and confidence to create your own assets, but we're not all so gifted. I'm just a writer, and I choose games as my medium. That's why I have to hire others to create the artwork! And to do so costs money... but fortunately enough people like my games to help to fund their development :)
Studio69
Peasant

Re: Fantasyche Hello studio 69 and aldorlea need your help!!

Postby bluej12 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:45 am

[b]Fantasyche: Hello studio 69 and aldorlea need your help!!
Regarding the game Fantasyche i need your help with it because i'm stuck in Niethium and Gaia plains and I don't know what to do!! +::sos +::sos +::sos +::sos +::sos +::sos +::sos
I've also got Questions regarding the game I'm wondering if... and when you'll ever make A ( Walkthrough game Guide...?!! )
are you going to create one (A walkthrough game guide) and release it to the public especially members that are on like amaranthia and your site in particular aldorlea?! +::sos
this would really help players that are playing with the game Fantasche and have got pretty far in it and then... Boom
they get lost and Trapped in game and they actually don't know what to do Next Or how to get Past the part in game that they Stuck At!? Btw really enjoy game so far So please +::sos +::sos (help me) and please let me know by replying back to my message/post and by letting me know if your going make it possible of An Official Walkthrough game guide step-by step information as well as instructions to how beat game!!... and Or please reply back So I know if that ever going to happen?!!
thanks god bless Y'all and everyone to Who It May Concern!!... thanks.
bluej12
Peasant

Re: Fantasyche

Postby Studio69 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Hey Bluej12,

First of all, there is a free 'guide' available from our website - www.studio69games.com

As for where you're stuck, if you're at Nithenheim you need to talk to and defeat 'Doubt,' then you're free to head South to the next town.

Regards,

Ross
S69
Studio69
Peasant

Return to Games from other Developers