Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Who's the best leader?

Who's the best leader?

Postby ad518 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:30 pm

I think I missed this at some point. Who did Marie list as the new government leader? Herself?
I can't imagine having a headstrong (she wants what she wants and really doesn't listen to anyone else) and impulsive 15 year old as our president. I can already imagine how she would lead to whole country to wars already. I got nothing against her. She has a big heart, but is sorely lacking leadership skills. As persuasive as she can be, she had no ideas (or at least did not make any effort to) how to ease the palpable tension within the team. In fact, all she did was to order people around. For goodness sake, everyone of these warriors is better than she is (minus the fairy, of course). Most of them are simply generous enough to help her. And she bosses them around like servants, or ... or some playable game characters! She seems to me a very lousy leader. I mean, she can hardly hold 13 people together, can she really hold the whole country together? I have serious doubts. One of the endings does make sense, as much as we wouldn't like it, doesn't it?
I would think Karine (or Abu, not that he would want it) would really be best. Benoit might be even better when he grows up (and with a few years more of experiences).
ad518
Wanderer

Re: Who's the best leader?

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:37 am

Well, this is a story.
BUT weird things happen in RL too. Like Dorset, Minnesota having a 4 year old mayor .....
That's more a joke of course, but still, age is not everything. Just think of Malala Yousafzai. She's 16, and have you ever heard that girl speak in public? She's gonna be grand one day. She's grand already!

Thinking of the game - for Marine the most important thing was the showdown - the only chance to change the fate of her people. She would certainly not have been thinking about what comes afterwards. And no one ever said she would have to rule the whole country just by herself.
Is the real ending very likely? Rather not. But that's not the point. There's no use in comparing this with the real world. We love happy endings, don't we? And after all, it's a story!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 am

I think her final speech is pretty clear about her ambitions. She is including everyone.
The way things developed in the end, it is likely both Dragon and the Wise Sage will participate in the new direction taken by the town.
I don't think Marine is all that bad. She's been under gradually increasing stress during a full month, lacking sleep most of the times, having to constantly overcome barriers... I'd like to see anyone in the same situation before looking down on the way she reacts with her teammates.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ad518 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Yup. forgot Dragon may still could be involved, or even a good choice, as a changed man that is. I really think he is not so bad, just blinded. Everyone wants something. Each has his own agenda. It is not easy to be a ruler.
ad518
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:06 pm

I think no one ever really expected Lord Dragon to be an evil man. He just never behaved like he was. In fact he's really cool. Handsome, respectful and honest.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:29 pm

ad518: I don't think that Marine is the leader in the way that she would be able to command everyone and organize everything. She certainly needs help with the government.
But imo this isn't about about commanding. I would say that a "true leader" is more about being the example for the others, "showing the way" to them. And that's exactly what Marine is. She did the impossible, against all the odds and that makes her so special - because no one else could do the same.
Last edited by Tomas on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Yes Marine is an inspiration, an icon.
With the right people around her, she certainly has the ability to rule.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Millennium 5: The Battle of the Millennium - Help and Questions