Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Too high expectations maybe

Too high expectations maybe

Postby Nyneve » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 am

Dunno, maybe it is me, but I just can't seem to enjoy MM5.

I had been waiting for it so was really excited when it came out, but I wasn't able to get myself to play it regularly. I've never been a big fan of Marine and her pep talks, but loved the other characters and thought the story line was great.
Here I feel the secondary characters have lost their edge, Marine is extremely upsetting and the story is not really interesting. When it turned I had to go through the Pit of Infinity again in order to level up some more I almost gave up completely. I was already beating the pit monsters without problem, and being it a long section of the game in which the attacks are basically identical on each run, it wasn't that inviting.

I've been paying extra attention to the comments on the side quests (some I didn't get to do) and to the alternative endings, but so far I really don't think I'll replay this game (I have already replayed Millennium 1-4, several times).

Did everyone else love this chapter as much as the 4 previous ones? Am I getting old and grumpy? +::Dunno
Nyneve
Peasant

Re: Too high expectations maybe

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:05 am

I think this was a great ending to the saga. And there were spotlights for secondary characters, Marine wasn't even there half of the game. And yeah, the Pit of Infinity is annoying, and repetitive but it works to train. But bad thing is, you need to do it three times :(
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:00 am

I personally enjoyed MM5 more than I enjoyed MM4. I loved all the switching between parties.
And the Pit of Infinity sure was difficult, yet I found it a challenge to figure out strategies to defeat those nasty monsters with the parties I chose, especially the .... dunno the name anymore .... those countering black thingies.
In MM4 I got very upset with the sidequests cause for my taste too many were linked together and I missed so much.
In MM5 they were a little thorn in my shoe too cause I found out to late that you'd have to talk to everyone on the beach after each step of the main quest so as not to miss anything. Hence again I missed a lot. But somehow in that game they weren't important for me at all and I didn't care much.
I was not very happy with the showdown, but all in all I did enjoy the game a lot.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:41 am

Cassiopeia wrote:especially the .... dunno the name anymore .... those countering black thingies.

Snake of Doom :razz: :razz: :razz:
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 am

+::Thumbup +::fear +::lol
Cassiopeia
Hero

Return to Millennium 5: The Battle of the Millennium - Help and Questions