Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Showdown equipment question (spoilers)

Showdown equipment question (spoilers)

Postby Ryos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:36 am

Hi, just a bit of a question that I had after completing the game. In the fourth Millennium game and rarely in this one, there's a focus (particularly Benoit's) on equipping only what would be "allowable" in the tournament with the martial artists. Yet as mentioned was a conscientious design decision, the only allowable equipment in the tournament other than what's provided is James' hat. I could understand never being able to use weapons (oh, to use weapons +::cry), but why have the earlier focus on what would or wouldn't be allowed and then nothing but the hat ends up being wearable? That more or less makes the fourth/fifth games almost pointless from a gameplay perspective, weapon building aside.
Ryos
Wanderer

Re: Showdown equipment question (spoilers)

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 pm

My guess is that Indi intended to allow using this listed equipment in the showdown, but then he decided against it - because trying to tune the fights for all the possible combinations simply wasn't possible. So it was either "change the way The Showdown works completely" or "abandon the idea of permitted equipment"...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Yes it was important to keep possibilities in check. Otherwise the showdown would make no sense whatsoever.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Yeah, I just noticed, that is quite the logic error... Maybe Indy could change the text in MM4, explaining it a way that doesn't make any contradictions...
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Return to Millennium 5: The Battle of the Millennium - Help and Questions