Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S UNDEFEATED IS OUT!!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S UNDEFEATED IS OUT!!!!!!

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 am

Ah, I see.
Another question. What's the step number between fights? Is there a way to adjust that? I chose invisible encounters, but I feel like I'm doing nothing but fight.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:12 am

Cassiopeia wrote:Ah, I see.
Another question. What's the step number between fights? Is there a way to adjust that? I chose invisible encounters, but I feel like I'm doing nothing but fight.

This will depend a bit on which map you are on. For the very small maps it's around 20 - 30, as otherwise you might get through the map without an encounter. From there it goes up to 50 - 60. It's not like MM where it was possible to change the steps between fights in-game.

But on something like this, feedback would be helpful. A script was put in to stop the possibility of getting an encounter after just 3 or 4 steps, which is something that can happen with RPGMaker games, as you probably know. If it's not working as effectively as it should it would be good to know that.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:34 am

Well, 20-30 actually sounds good, but I don't think it's that much. I must try and count.
It's certainly not 3-4 though.
Anyway, knowing that on bigger maps the encounter rate won't be so high already helps me make a decision because I considered replaying with visible encounters.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:53 am

A lot of maps are also fairly small so if you go from one exit to another directly you get very few fights (if any).
I think for future gaming ventures, we will favor bigger and more uniformized (?) map sizes. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:41 pm

No no, small maps are nice for a change.
I think if you rush through a map you do get into few fights. But players of Aldorlea games are used to exploring every nook and cranny ;) , and then it can get disturbing when you have to fight all the time. For me at least, I know that for many people fighting is one of the most essential things in an RPG.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Something about purchasing the game: When the demo ends and a browser tab opens for BMT, it says the shopping cart is empty and there's no way of adding the game to the cart.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 pm

YAAAAAYYY!!!!it is out! *downloading* thank you Indy! +::heart +::kiss
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby AuntIggy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:26 pm

I have found that if I stand still all the little monsters come to me eventually or gang up on me. I'm playing visible.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:32 pm

That's right. They are all set to approach you. After all, you are invading their territory! :) You need to deal with them strategically, one at a time so that they don't have the opportunity to cluster together.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm an hour into the game and it looks pretty good so far. Good dialogues, mapping and fights. I also like the new features such as saves info or inventory. +::Thumbup

P.s. Playing on Legendary and it's hard.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Kes » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Tomas wrote:I'm an hour into the game and it looks pretty good so far. Good dialogues, mapping and fights. I also like the new features such as saves info or inventory. +::Thumbup

Thank you. Glad you like what you've seen.

P.s. Playing on Legendary and it's hard.

Oh you're brave +::Thumbup I did most of my playtesting on Normal and only occasionally on Hard. I left it to Indy to play on Legandary. What makes it a more interesting challenge is that it's not just HP and attack that are increased, but all the stats, like agility and Magic Attack and Defence that are increased as well. You've really got to plan your strategy well. I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.
Kes
Explorer

Postby briony » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 am

Downloaded and playing - a great game love the humour and the new enemies and of course searching every nook and crannie for hidden stashes and secret rooms+"" +::YAY
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:29 am

Glad you love it so much!!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Aggeliki » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:25 am

i finished the demo! i did enjoyed a lot but i found a small glitch: when i was out in shurland i felt like going to all these towns on the map, but everytime i tried to enter one of them i got this message that the map rv.data file was missing so the game crashed..i guess this is just for the demo, but you might want to add a text message like: this place is anavailable or something, in order not to cause a game crash..thanks !
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:35 am

Aggeliki wrote:i finished the demo! i did enjoyed a lot but i found a small glitch: when i was out in shurland i felt like going to all these towns on the map, but everytime i tried to enter one of them i got this message that the map rv.data file was missing so the game crashed..i guess this is just for the demo, but you might want to add a text message like: this place is anavailable or something, in order not to cause a game crash..thanks !

Wait wait wait, you're not supposed to be able to visit any town at all (but the main one of course).
How did you do that??
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Undefeated - Help and Questions