Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celia's Quest

Re: New RPG: Celia's Quest

Postby Celia » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi Bluerose.

Spoiler: show
It's the only truly hidden item inside the sand mine, yes.
Comments? Concerns? Questions? Feedback? Send me a message on here
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Bluerose » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Well, I just finished the game and would like to say, it was tough, some of the battles. I sure I didn't get everything, will explore more second time thru.

I hope if you do make a sequel, PLEASE no time puzzles and make the battles not too tough. :)

Thank you very much for all your help on this and I am glad that I stuck through it and kept trying.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Ricbyrne » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:28 am

Did you finish the Slime Fortress? +::Dunno
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:58 am

Ricbyrne wrote:Did you finish the Slime Fortress? +::Dunno

Yes, defeated the boss of the fortress but didn't clear out all the areas. Will try and do that next time through. Some areas I just ran around the enemies and went straight to the boss.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Celia » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:22 am

Hello Bluerose.

Good job finishing the game! For my next game I'm thinking I'll keep the difficulty around the same level, but include an easy mode for those of you who'd rather enjoy the story. As for the time puzzles, there's only one as far as I can remember, but maybe connecting it to steps rather than actual time would work better? That way you could stop and figure out what to do next without the time running out.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Ricbyrne » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Been in the cave with the 2 yellow rectangles. I figure out the one on the left side of the cave. It must be correct because Once you light the right lights you can't change them. Spent hrs trying to solve the right side following your clue. There must be a way to make an R that is beyond me. Where am I going wrong? I would like to finish all the odds and ends before taking on the Bandit Cave.

I read there is one more light Puzzle and Richard's Grave. Are they near where I am now? Have not come across them yet.
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby blitzen » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Ricbyrne. It took me a while to figure out the R as well. Think of old-style computer block fonts where the bottom legs are both vertical and the top is a little smaller.
blitzen
Bard

Postby Bluerose » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:03 pm

There are a few things in the game that I was not able to complete. The trial of Wisdom and Guile both told me I was not worthy, the guy teaching techmathurgy said I'm not worthy and the pirate teaching swashbucklery said that I am devoted to something else.

So if you get your strength up that means you can't do these, and if you get your magic up, you won't be able to do the trial of strength? Am I understanding this, you can do one but not the other?

You are not able to get everything in the game is that correct?
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Celia » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Hey Bluerose!

The Trials are based on your stats. You can technically finish two Trials in one playthrough assuming you get two stats (Str/Dex/Int) to 10. You need 10 in the right stat to enter them. You can only pick either Swashbucklery, Spellbladery or Techmathurgy.

You can't do everything in one playthrough, but you can do most of it! The New Game Plus feature is there for completionists who want to do the things they missed or skipped the first time around, or just want even more of a challenge.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Ricbyrne » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm finding the Riddles way too vague. I'm trying to solve the cave riddle that leads to the Hidden Valley! Follow a white or red flower to a reward. I tried this riddle both ways and nothing happens. There is also another riddle/puzzle in a Weird Area, where you see 2 treasure chests. The sign says "you need to think outside the box" If you open one box there is nothing there. When you click the second box it opens with nothing there, but now the other box closes. The game needs better clues. Even Guy is of no help.

blitzen wrote:Hi Ricbyrne. It took me a while to figure out the R as well. Think of old-style computer block fonts where the bottom legs are both vertical and the top is a little smaller.

I googled images of the block letter R. I will go back and see if any of them work! I'm playing Normal Mode and finding it very difficult to get an upper hand on the bad guys, that is why it's important to solve them dam puzzles. The game, IMO, lacks sufficient hints
+::Dunno
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Ricbyrne » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:42 pm

I thought this forum was for help if you get stuck in a game. How how many times do I have to say "UNCLE" before someone gives me the answer to the Yellow Rectangles Puzzle? Sorry Blitzen, but your hint was of no help. I can't believe how much time I have wasted on this.
:(
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Bluerose » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:46 am

Ricbyrne

Here is the help you have been asking for. I put it in a spoiler in case others don't want to know

The cave with the two chests that open and close, just read the sign do not open the chest, just leave and you will be rewarded

The cave to light up the R it should look like this:

Starting from the top left , light up the first two O's, next line O space O next line first two O's, next O space O
last line which is the bottom O space O.

The red and white flowers, read the sign go back to where you came in to the cave( don't leave the cave,) now heading back to the sign just step on all the white flowers Hope this helps.
Bluerose
Mercenary

Postby Celia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:09 am

Hello Ricbyrne!

I would've answered you faster, but it's the weekend and even game developers sleep sometimes. :)

For the R puzzle:
oox
oxo
oox
oxo
oxo

You want to light the o ones, keeping the x ones unlit.

As for the flowers. Go back to where you "start" in the area, which is where you climbed down into it. Then simply step on all the white flowers, one by one, in the order they appear, avoiding stepping on any of them twice. Stepping on a red flower resets the puzzle.

As for the game lacking hints, to each their own I guess, but giving players the solution to every puzzle of the game right off the bat kind of defeats the purpose of a puzzle in the first place, don't you agree? The game is balanced around a player missing some hidden items and not solving some puzzles, as my personal game making approach is to make 100%'ing a game a challenge rather than a matter of time. So don't worry too much about not solving one of the puzzles. If you do want faster more detailed answers from me you can always send me an e-mail, but please do not complain about the activity of forum users, they're not obliged to answer you, yet they still try to help.
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

Postby Ricbyrne » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks for the help Bluerose :) It was really appreciated.

Celia, I agree giving solutions right off the bat defeats the purpose of the puzzle, but how do you define "right off the bat"? I spent hours on the L R puzzle and could not find the solution. On the others, I would try every combination I could think of. When frustration sets in, I would go onto something else, but finding the solutions were always in the back of my mind. If I happen to think of a new approach, I would run back and try it. I reached a point where I wanted to proceed with the game, but the unresolved puzzles affected my overall feeling towards the game.

I was under the impression that if you find yourself stuck on any part of game listed on Aldorlea you could ask for the solution. If someone has one to offer they can post it as a "Spoiler". Is this not so? Not sure what you mean about complaining about the activities of other forum members. If I Offended anyone, you have my sincere apology. +:oops:

We all have our own style of playing. When I buy into a game my goal is find all the goodies,do all the side quests and get yourself and your team (if you have one) as skilled and strong as possible. I'm not one that likes to leave unresolved parts of a game. Had I bypassed the hard puzzles, I would have missed out on 2 Stats. The extra Stats added to the 8 Dexterity that I already had gives me access to the Trial of Gile +::Dance
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Celia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Oh, by right off the bat I simply meant giving clearer clues ingame, as I feel like that would defeat the purpose of having puzzles. As for asking for help here, yes, you're right, it's a great way to get help or even the solutions. But you seemed impatient in your earlier posts, especially considering other players were trying to help you while I was sleeping, and I just wanted to mention they aren't obliged to help. Of course you can expect me to hang around on the forums and help when able, but I do have other things to attend to during the days, and I can't watch the forums nonstop, which leads to some of my answers being delayed.

No need to apologize. My post probably came out harsher than intended. That's what I get for responding here before having my morning cup of coffee. :)
or an e-mail to
Celiasquest@gmail.com
Celia
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers