Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Screen Flicker Problem

Screen Flicker Problem

Postby Necrosis » Fri May 31, 2013 3:33 pm

When I go to full screen when playing Opaline, the game screen flickers rapidly and I have to revert to windowed mode. Unfortunately, that window is way too small to play the game. The same situation occurs with Ashes of Immortality. Moonchild, however, plays just fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to resolve it?

And before anyone wastes their time suggesting it, all my drivers are up to date. I'm running Windows XP, SP3 with a Radeon HD 4670 video card, 2GB RAM, and a 1080P Full HD Viewsonic monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1080.
Necrosis
Peasant

Re: Screen Flicker Problem

Postby Tomas » Fri May 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Actually, it should be a similar problem to this http://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=8311 and advices from this link http://www.overcloud9.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=152 should work here, too. Or have you already tried disabling the DirectDraw acceleration?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Necrosis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:43 pm

I just saw your response, Tomas. I will give it a try and let you know what happens. What effect will this have on other games and software?
Necrosis
Peasant

Postby Necrosis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, it seems to have worked. Thanks for your help. I'm still a little concerned about what effect this will have on other things on my system. I guess if I see any odd visual behavior, I should put things back the way they were.
Necrosis
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:31 am

Tbh, I haven't tried this sollution myself (I don't have any flickering problems), so I have no idea if it has any adverse effects on other software.
But if everything works fine, then it should be ok.
Tomas
Ranger

Return to Opaline: 2 Fates 1 Love - Help and Questions