Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Millennium 5 - Player's Memories

Re: Millennium 5 - Player's Memories

Postby ad518 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:55 am

Done with the game? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this questionary, it will help me figure out how to make the next MMs [/b]even better game! ([b]Really? Literally?)

Favorite In-Game Moment (explain why):
End of MM2 when the griffin took Marine and Jez up to the top of the mountain. It was so beautiful and serene. I always love scenes from Crystal Crown.
Piu-piu save the day
James realized he made a mistake of stealing only one dynamite as well, after all that groom and doom. Hilarious!!

What did you think about the story?
Fun and light-hearted. It is entertaining. A little too linear for hardcore players. Perfect for casual players (at least it is not as exhausting as LF). Any suggestions? Personally, I think it is focused too much on Marine. There was not enough “attention” on others. It feels sort of off-balanced. As if others aren’t really important, even Benoit. They feel a little like Marine’s pawns, instead of active participants. Well, I guess it is probably because it is designed to be a personal quest. Marine’s quest, to be specific. It would make sense in that case.

[b]What did you think about the graphics?[/b]
Great... I don’t know what else to say...

What did you think about Marine?
Wilful, strong, and determined, as Loof said. She is certainly more courageous than most. (I suspect Benoit was designed to be timid to serve as a contrast to make her seem even more courageous. Am I right, Indy? Poor Benoit! And I suspect you made Jez to be selfish as a contrast to bring out Marine’s selflessness. ... Gee! Now I am starting to feel sorry for Jez, too...). She feels like a dreamer, like most teenagers, I suppose. I don’t think it is really surprising for a teenage girl to have such a big dream, though. Our dreams tend to get smaller and smaller as we age and become more and more practical, like the Bear (He was once young and foolish and ambitious as well). Plus, she really had no choice! Besides, it doesn’t seem like she was fully aware of the difficulty of the whole quest in the first place. She just plunged in head first because there was no other way out (her father would die, and her sister would be without a future). I’d say more like circumstances forced her to do what she had to do. She was at the right age, at the right time, to do the right thing.

What did you think about Lord Dragon?
After all was said and done, I have to say that he was still the most eligible candidate for the leader. He has the charisma and the experiences to run a government. If he can change his political views, I would vote for him without hesitation.
He was a knuckle-head because he was brought up that way. And there was never anyone to challenge him and changed his views. My guess is that he inherited his staff from his father. What he really needed to do was to fire Borgon pronto. Imo. I wonder why he didn’t, though.
Of course, this is based on very limited information we had on Dragon. Overall, I think there was too little invested in building up Dragon’s character until the end, which was still not enough. Then again, he is really not a main character anyway.

What did you think about the music?
Love it. It is simply beautiful. With the scenery in the background, nothing less will do.

What did you think about the artworks?
Absolutely the best.

What did you think about the showdown?
Like all the dialogues and different endings. But, man, it is so long. Well, I guess it is unavoidable when there are so many of them. I truly enjoyed it.

Your opinion about the game's true ending? (
SPOILER: SHOW
)What about Mai? I want dragon to marry Mai!!

What's the game's best/strongest sides?
Music graphic and art.

What was your biggest surprise in this game?
The end-game fights. There are so many ways to do it. Incredible.

Have you played Millennium 1-2-3-4 and if so, how does this one compare?
The best. Love the game play. Like how teams were spit up for different tasks. I was kind of getting bored having to use Marine all the time. Putting different members together induces different chemistry amongst them and forces one to use different fighting strategies, which is something that should be done more often.

Who were the nicest and most horrible guys/girls from Mystrock?
Mai is kind and loyal, and gorgeous, too. If I were LD, I would marry her. I don’t think she is any less strong than Marine. Marine and her team stood up strong and fight for justice because they had to. It is not exactly easy to grow up in such corrupted environment and still turn out to be the way she is (same goes with LD. It feels like they shared the same background and values), a white lily growing out of the muddy pond. It is even more rare and precious. She fought for what she believed in (don’t we all?). And she believed in Dragon. That spells loyalty to me. We can’t fault her for that.
The worse is Borgon, I think. Merryll and Nate barked a lot. They are very predictable, though. Borgon has a scheming black heart. He must have been very successful in hiding his spiteful and vindictive side from Dragon to get to that position.

Who is the funniest character and why?
That would be Grandpa. He is funny without trying to be. In fact, he is very sincere, yet sometimes clueless, which makes him adorable. (He reminds me a little bit of Quinn in The Witch and The Warrior. Not the same kind of character, but with the same reasons for being funny)

What do you think are missing in the story?
1. THE BIOS.
2. Benoit needs a teenage girlfriend. (I love Karine. But she is a bit like his mom or big sister. Somehow, she feels like at least 10 years older. Benoit could use someone sweet, like Blondie, his own age)
3. Karine should pick between Hirado and Abu
4. Jack and Salome should be together (It doesn’t seem like either Abu or Bear would be interested in Salome)
5. Mom should be cured
6. What about dad?
7. Blondie + Wolfgang?

Man! That was A LOT of questions. I am exhausted! Any more?
ad518
Wanderer

Postby flavie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Favorite In-Game Moment (explain why): Martial Arts lessons, nice to read of morale
Jeanne's sacrifice happening as we are nervous cos we have to hold on to succeed, we're like "oh noooo we don't want her to die +::cry "

That the Bear collapsed in coma, it was really funny, but I also worried of how we could make it then!
I expected training between warriors not fighting monsters so much. I would be curious to have Blondie participate.

What did you think about the graphics?
Very nice; I prefer those with a character in full on the screen than those with Marine and Blondie bathing. I don't say the last ones are :( I didn't imagine her looking like that (Blondie's endowments +::O_o +::biggrin )

Determined, too nice, great speaker when she encourages her warriors +::Thumbup

some tolerance but I didn't like what he said when we arrived for the showdown. Is he aware that many of his warriors are bad nasty +::Annoyed

great, good to hear some metal too

What did you think about the artworks? good

Too long, exasperating + to analyse moves to win +:::|

Your opinion about the game's true ending?
Jeanne's sacrifice was touching but it's cheating for me to use a fairy.

The Pit of Infinity was like impossible at the start but the satisfaction of the progress is great.
It has good morale. The tower, public, the scroll down here is +::heart and the music too.

mosquito bite, that the lazy were bathing in the sun.

less monotonous

Lady Mai is the nicest, the most horrible are Nate (was he burnt by Marine's dad??), the chinese dressed with nest parts.., the red-hair guy not Peter the other is filthy.

Jack and James, Old Suzuki during the showdown said good funny things.
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby Skywarden » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:45 pm

- Talking with your friends before the final combat against the Dragon, damm!! that piano is awesome, epic moment and epic music.

- When Jezabel called her "pet", always i've loved griffin story and crystal crown design and music.

- See gang coments while tanning at the beach.

- J and J dialogs, they are thinking in girls everytime.

- Searching remedy for Bear.

- All showdown were awesome.

I like the story its very nice how all chars are changed since Millennium 1.

She is very strong with a lot of hope when all is fall down even the Bear believes in her. And she changed the life of all myst.

Very powerful with honor and how we saw in another chapters a good person and ruler.

The new themes are awesome, the rest is a great. I miss more new songs.
Each warrior has a song (my favourite is Mai you are the best Indi).
I love the song while talking with your friends before the final fight against Dragon, its epic!!

Very good!!

The best part I've played in a rpg.

Very emotional and sad, Marine did good and she had a happy endind with Dragon but I miss Jeannie.

* Story/plot.
* Dialogs.
* Fights and Train.
* Music and Graphics.

Mosquito, the ancient land, Blondie, 3 Endings.

All saga is awesome but this chapter is the best and very long, I like it.

Dragon, Mai, Gissele and Gabriel were the nicest and horrible but funnies Merryll and Borgon (they had the best comments, Merryll shouthing all time hahahaha), Nate was a beast without heart.

Jamal +::biggrin he is annoying, lazy and thinking do nothing except stay with girls.

Jack, Suzuki, Merryll and Borgon are funny too.

I miss:

- Know more about what happened to the rest of Mystrock warriors, friends, Mom, Dad, Merline, Blondie, Jeannie.

- What is the Ancient temples and how they came there?

- More about the myst after the showndown?

Maybe another Millennium, Blodie spinoff?

And thanks for the game and all the saga, I've played a lot of rpg and Millennium games are my favourites.
Skywarden
Peasant

Postby Noah217 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:48 pm

My favorite one was when everyone learned that Blondie was the bear's daughter i mean seriously, that guy, who thought he would have a daughter and actually 'cared' for her. Best moment ever +::clap.

A really excellent story, a little girl whose only 15 ventures out to find 12 other warriors that can change the life of millions... and she succeeds even though she is being spied on and being hated by rich people.

Although i had some doubt in my mind about marine gathering all the twelve warriors and succeeding in her quest i never thought she would actually make it, this should tell people that age doesn't matter as long as you have a great heart and a great soul you will always succeed even in your wildest dreams.

I also liked the images of the monsters, they were really good and were detailed and looked realistic.

These graphics were simply amazing. LOVED IT.

She is one girl that does not give up on her dreams, she is always live and she deserves to be the main character of the game, she is full of life and always tries, no matter what, even if she knows she might fail she always tries and never gives up on anything like she did with the bear when he refused her call to fight against mystrock.

A very good man with a very good heart. He was never troubled with the fact that Marine might steal his government and change it, if he was aware with what lord Borgon was trying to do since the beginning he would have fired him without a second thought.

The music was without a doubt truly awesome, i mean the right music was chosen at the right time for the right scenes, nice touch.

I really really really adored the artworks since they had so much detail that blew my eyes out of my head. The design about Blondie was the best one, and your maps were quite significant too.

i was like HEY Marine is cheating using Jeanne's help but then i'm like eh, as long as i win in the end. Really liked the showdown, didn't know it would be so intense and i also thought that the bear would defeat lord dragon, and i was right. I hated it when benoit froze the second time and let peter win which let him open his score. i was stunned when the sage said that marine had to face dragon to win in the end.

When Nate got defeated by Hirado Nate was like BY KALLU! i did not expect what he did, i was like yea, right you're so strong that you couldn't expect a peasants move ... wow.

The most bad part about the showdown was wolfgang, he only had one move that he could use only three times i mean how do you expect to defeat 13 mystrock lords with only that move, and that move was given to wolfgang who had no trick ability and was very weak.

it made me very sad that Jeanne had to leave, even without telling Marine that the spell she had to cast would take her life force, the part about Marine thinking her whole life about what happened to Jeanne or what she was really irked me and made me nearly lose it, at least she'll (Marine) be happy with dragon.

the music was awesome and finally finding out what that Ju-Ju creature really was made me feel comfortable and happy.

My biggest surprise was salome finally agreeing on something with jack and james and the fact that the bear actually has a daughter.

yes i have, and this one was the best in all the series since all the lords and ladies of mystrock had better faces than in millennium 3 and 4 and also because this one had the showdown. I could finally know who's face that was when i lost and it said, you need to keep trying harder...

The nicest were lord dragon, lady mai, the wise sage and cassie.
The most horrible guys were borgon, kusinov, merryl, nate, the guards and obrak.

The funniest is bokden who has a sense of humor and tries to share it but fails most of the time. and the fact that when he asks the lords and ladies about their faces and really doesn't care about the answers, also because he tried disqualify the bear in one of his challenges because he hit him.

i adored the millennium series and hope that in these years maybe and hopefully months you come up with some games that really relate to this series, you know what i mean. +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
Noah217
Wanderer

Postby Asinains » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Favorite In-Game Moment:
[That's only for 5th Millennium]. When Marine, Bokden and Jezabel fell from the cliff, when they were looking for herbs, Jez used her whistle and the Gryph answered for her call. As I played entire serie, something catched my heart - Jez's gryphon showed her that it's gonna leave her forever, but even though ... It answered the call and saved it's 'mom' and her friends. That's really nice :)

[From 1-4] I am thinking about Orc's Citadel and meeting with Bear in his house.
Entering Orc's Citadel begins with amazing music, that makes you feel how dangerous this place is. Everywhere are orcs, that are trying to kill your party. They are basicaly everywhere and you can't even flee from single battle.

Meeting famous Bear was great as well. His attitude, showing his strenght and dominance, accepting challenges just to show that there is no one to win with him. Merine decided to burn his house ( that was completely unexpected and in shortcut, my face was like : +::O_o ). Also entire story and past of Bear is great and nice to rethink about it.

To all of that, it was pretty nice to hunt for Rogue in the first Millennium, having feeling that he watches and senses all your steps.

Story is really great, it was haunting me at night and forcing me to think what to do next or adding my own theories to things. But overall, the story seems to be pretty much straight forward, a girl is looking for warrior to get into competision with lords and fight for the better tommorow. It's not booring and even grinding in Pit of Infinity was pretty much fine.

It was pretty much fine, the buildings, nature and world map was really well made. Can't tell much about it, but it's really great !

I changed opinion about her in Millenium 4, when she set fire on Bear's house, that made me think how determinated is she to reach her target. Marine is really nice character, she is one of best characters in RPG games i've played ( and I've played a lot ). She is not too strong, she is making mistakes and she is depending on her feelings ( leaving logic behind ). She also is doubting herself, even if she is not showing it to others.

Hard to tell much, as there is not much known about him. But during the game, I noticed he is not a bad person. He is treated like he is villain, but he is unaware about many things ( the crucial information is heard during the encounter with May - she didn't even know about orc attacks at Lorelei ). I think he is really nice character, that is not doing things against the law. He is trying to be fair with Marine, he is not doing anything to disturb her. Also he got really mad, when he discovered, that Borgon closed the city when he was outside. He might be good king, but he needs a good person on his side, that would help him ( and he got that person ... Marine ).

The music is masterpiece ! I can't tell i don't like single music in entire series. The most amazing music is played during entire showdown at the end, all the themes are amazing ! Hope to hear more of them in Aldorlea games, it's best music over all RPGMaker games :)

What I can tell... I love them +::heart ! The artworks are really amazing, I can clearly tell that Millennium has the best artworks from all the RPGMaker games and far beyond that. Hope I can see more of them ! Gisele has the best artwork in my opinion.

I really like the showdown, even though i was dissapointed about abilities of the lords. The music, artworks, dialogues and atmosphere was perfect. It's just weird, that martial artists teached by Sage weren't that powerful as I thought. Also naturaly, player is trying to do his best at showdown and it's last part of his/her journey and when he win... He lose. Also it takes some time to grind characters to level 99 and the only thing the player gets is lose screen. But even though, I really liked it, as it's really unusual. In most RPG games, at the end there is a boss that takes a lot of time to defeat. After that, the game is comming to an end. This time, I got to around 169 fights. So overall, it's really great idea, even though player is forced to specially lose fights to get good ending.

Decision of Sage, that team must have at least 10 win advantage is nice ( the nice is fact, that Sage is actually fair towards Marine ). Marine was afraid to confront Dragon, even though Jeanne was with her. What I can't understand is that the fairy casted a spell, that was weak, more weak than boosts, heals or cures and it costed her life. I don't know what spell it was, but that was weird... Maybe it was spell that changed Dragon's mind ? We will never know ! But the artwork, when Marine were falling on the ground with bloody wounds from Dragon's strong attacks was really sad... Also the Dragon caught her in last second ( +::cry ). Really nice ending, even though I have no idea what spell Jeanne casted and why it costed her life.
Even though it was said, that Marine didn't know what happened to fairy, if she left, because her mission was completed or she vanished... Remember, that everything what is happening in Millennium from 1 to 5, is being told by someone in the castle ( the very beginning of Millenium 1 ), which means Marine had to discover what happened to Jeanne.

Definately characters. All the characters looks really amazing and has nice, unique personality. So from my opinion, characters, music and story ( not story overall, but how the player is going through obstacles to reach their target ) are strongest sides of this game.

Short and quick : setting fire on Bear's house !

Also would tell, that first meeting with Wolfgang was surprising too. Hey, do you want to join ? Sure. Oh... Really ? Yeah. No quests, nothing ? Yeah. Oh... Great then.

I played entire serie, MM5 was ending of the entire story, so it's hard to compare them. I think it's really nice, many things were changed, but the game is amazing as entire serie.

Nicest guys were Abu, Hirado and ... Dragon. I explaination about Dragon is above, Abu is really kind person, that never break promises and is trying to do best to reach his goals. Hirado... Well. It's Hirado, right ? Monk, that left temple to save the world from Djiin ! On the other hand, he was meditating so long, that his poetic soul has been awoken.

Nicest girls were Mai and Marine. Both of them had good heart and wanted the best for people. Mai, next to Dragon, was good Lord, that didn't know about happening inside of the town and how other lords were ignoring other villages.

Do i need to say much ? Hirado. Poor poet, that cannot be understood be others ! Each time he talks, it finishes like : 'What are you talking about ?'. He is funniest character and really wise at once. I will be playing all Millennium serie again just to get all his quotes again !

'He who has no skill is bound to lose.'
'He who has a good heart will never lose.'
'He who avoids reality is bound to live in dreams.'
'He who lives in dreams enjoys life to the fullest.'
:)

Additional comment : Entire serie is one of best i've played. The ending is opened, so player is forced to think about everyones doings after the showdown, but i think we should get a hint of how their lives went. Both, the Marine crew and Lords should get their a small attention at the end of the game. I would like to thank all the people that created that wonderful game and I hope to see even more amazing games from You !
Asinains
Peasant

Postby Gamer322 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Favorite In-Game Moment Marine finding her mom after she was told she was dead . Because mom was disfigured she thought it would be better if she told Abu to just watch Marine . The hugs between mother and daughters after they found her had me actually alittle teary eyed

What did you think about the story? Great story by a great story teller.
What did you think about the graphics? Graphics were super and easy to see .
What did you think about Marine? Stubborn and strong willed ready to fight for what she believes in
What did you think about Lord Dragon? At first I didnt trust him but through the game I thought maybe he would turn against Mystrock,
What did you think about the music? music was relaxing as you played the game , loved the low sound
What did you think about the artworks? Amazing
What did you think about the showdown? The final showdown was hard at first but as soon as I repeated the game it got easier
Your opinion about the game's true ending? Fantastic for the ending but did Jeanne die or just disapper or in Marines mind
Replace the R word with respect
Gamer322
Peasant

Postby mayanmim » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:23 am

Indinera, thank you, it was so fun playing the 5 Millennium games! It took me around 3 months to finish all, just because I play only when I have time.

In the one-on-ones in Mystrock Arena. I didn't know it was easy to win. It was harder to lose to see the "79 and lower" ending. Thank you.

It's great. You were able to make a lot with the maps. If there is one thing I wished in Millennium 5, I wanted Dragon to go through each one of the maps that Marine & her friends went through. Maybe with Marine. So that he can see what he can do to help everyone in Myst, like those in Tabutu and Shumen, not just living in his opulent bubble. He'll be more merciful. Wow, can you even imagine, Marine's 12 and Dragon's 12 switching between reigning in Mystrock and traveling with Dragon and Marine? Nice. Then they can station heroes per town, so that when a need arises, one can go to Mystrock to ask for help. I don't see Bokden staying in one town for long.

Then maybe someone will try to take over Mystrock. What will Dragon and Marine do? Sorry, I'm imagining too much here...

Oh, I forgot this. When Mom was found. A few tears were shed. I wish there is a way to revive Mom to her old self for poor Stan her husband...

Great. Of all the games I played, this one has the best graphics and artwork, so far.

Determined. Wise for her age. Full of hope. Kind to all. She is not perfect, and not arrogant. I like her.

Good character. Honorable. Always in control. A little proud, but fine. Best among his peers. Sad that only Lady May emulated parts of his character. He was like an unyielding robot at first, but during the "true ending", I liked him more.

I actually played all of my games on mute.

Great.

Great. It was my favorite part of the series.

You know, while starting to play MM1, I had a feeling that Marine and Dragon will be together in the end. However, I saw Lady May in Millennium 4. I liked her character. I also actually liked Dragon, and I thought they were together. Like, "Oh, I see."

But I didn't like Jack, James, not even Bokden, for Marine. So I started Millennium 5 not know what the ending was. The true ending was a nice surprise. :) Thank you.

I was thinking that The Bear and Salome might be together after Millennium 5; same with Blondie and Abu. That would be nice. Benoit and Karine, even if I do root for them, Benoit is too young, around 15 years older, at that time. Too young a sapling for Karine. I am looking forward to seeing him like a "mature tree", you know, for Karine.

More secular than religious. Also, I like the showdown. I was like a fanatic when I first watched the MM5 trailer, I got teary eyed. Sheesh.

Bear is Blondie's father, I think. Where is Blondie's mom, I wonder...

I played all 5 games. 5 is the best, so far. Will there be a MM6, I wonder...

Nice:
Marine - very nice; forgiving even. (like with Merryll)
Dragon - I like him, I said above.
Lady May - a nice person; was she Dragon's gf before Marine? I remember they got out for breakfast in MM4
Benoit - he was the best relative, he was there from the beginning, especially when Marine thought her mom was dead back in MM1. Best secret keeper. Very cute having a crush with Karine.
Karine - best girlfriend; she got Marine's back
Salome - a most grateful friend, even if she faltered a bit at the end.
Blondie
Phillip Gaan and the others in Mystlandies HQ

Bokden - I don't hate him. He's not horrible. But I actually wish he was a more serious and more focused. He's always bored, it seems. But it's because of who he is that he found Bear, so he's fine. He's actually the second strongest member of Marine's team, second to The Bear.

Horrible:
Nate - he's just too negative; I wonder why he looks like that. He probably got a lot of pain in the past. Sad...
Merryll - yikes, I remember how he slapped Marine back in MM2; facepalm indeed.
Borgon - a control freak

Grandpa Suzuki - he mostly lives in his memories of younger himself... I remember he wanted to make a speech before going to the pit, but Bear didn't care; awkward. But wow, he's actually very agile as a drunken master in the showdown.

Thank you again Indinera. :)
independence day is not for me; when i'm bound to you i feel so free... - bc
mayanmim
Wanderer

Postby Stargazer » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:44 am

Favorite In-Game Moment (explain why)

The Showdown was very overwhelming when it first started. I was EXTREMELY nervous. I could feel their nervousness lol. +::O_o . How Benoit freezed the first two rounds but then spoke up was also very good!
Marine getting terrified, Jeanne helping her throughout the showdown, Everything was amazing. +::biggrin But my worst moment of the game? Jeanne having to die. +::cry +::grrr +::tired

Brilliant. This was probably the best game in the whole series. What I liked especially was the split parties. Every now and then we shifted to another party without the previous party completing their quest. Pretty good! +::heart

Certainly much better than the previous games. I LOVED THE SNOWSTORM!!!!!! +::Dance

I liked her first and second artworks only. The third with the short hair was not good. +::fear She was a very kind person and stubborn obviously. But I loved how she gave her everything even when she was extremely terrified. +::lol

He was a good guy. Idk why he turned a blind eye to the rest of Myst. Doesn't make sense. +::Dunno

I loved it. +::heart

Merryll certainly looked better in his showdown artwork. +::O_o I loved how the showdown artwork was different for every Mystrockian. I wish it was the same for the Mystlanders....... +::Dunno

THE BEST THING EVERRRR!!!!!! I have never seen such a huge final boss fight! Loved it! +::Dance +::heart

I didn't like it. Jeanne shouldn't have had to die........ +::cry +::cry +::cry +::cry

Split parties, snow storm and showdown +::biggrin

Jeanne having to die........ +::cry +::cry +::cry +::cry

Probably the best in the saga. +::heart

Nicest : Blind girl, Mai, Peter and Nalla( both only a little)
Horrible-est : Merryll, Spike guy, Nate, Jack, Obrak, Bormon, and many others I forgot.

Every character had its own humor. So can't choose. :)
Stargazer
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Millennium 5 - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)