Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

so now it's relevant: LF vs MM

so now it's relevant: LF vs MM

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:04 pm

LF and MM are the ONLY games in my Aldorlea catalog to have sequels and actually several episodes.

Now MM has found its conclusion, players of both series can finally compare them. Which one is the winner, and why? Tell us everything! :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: so now it's relevant: LF vs MM

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:05 am

It's really hard to choose but the Laxius Force series is the best. Because of its many drastic and realistic events and loved characters, of course that MM had all that too... it's just I don't know, MM is pretty close with LF imo but I just can't choose MM over LF. It's so much love that I have for those characters and the deport. Or maybe because I got to know Indy and Aldorlea through Laxius Force and then I tried Laxius Power and then all the rest. lol
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:10 am

For me it's the same. I'm not yet through with MM5, and so far it's really a great and stunning game, but just like DS said, the fate of the LF characters got me hooked even more. Also in the LF series I loved all parts equally, which isn't the case with MM.
There's one thing I have to confess though. I never played LF without a walkthrough (only LF3). When I first played LF1 I had just started playing RPGs and I wasn't very familiar with them yet.
MM, however, I always played without a guide. And it often irked me when I missed stuff, especially all those linked quests in ... was it MM3 or MM4? +:oops:
Had I played LF all by myself I might have been upset with the game much more often because there's certainly a whole lot more that can be missed. And then my opinion might be different.
But as it is - LF is still on top of my list, but MM is close behind.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby lilac » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:20 pm

LF for sure!I pretty much agree with what D-Squall said.
Also,MM has lost points for me after MM5,which i didn't enjoy as much as the previous ones. :(
lilac
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Hmmm...Apples or Oranges???? Well I for one can say that I choose LF for the wallop it packed from 3S to most of the LP series and on to the LF series for an old school rpg with such a huge amount of twists and turns throughout the whole series. I'd also choose MM for the modern school rpg :razz:

I love them both for their stories and the emotional gamut you put us through! +::biggrin The deciding difference is that you gave us more in-depth insight into the main characters with LF because you gave us more games and time with them. We've also watched the growth you've done from old rpg and bringing it smoothly into modern rpg with the programs you need to deal with. AWESOME +::kiss You have given us 5 great episodes of MM, but with 13 characters in 5 games...there wasn't truly enough time to meet and see the change and growth in each one. You would have to do something about expanding on James/Wolfgang/Bokden/Abu. That would have meant at least 2 more games before the showdown :razz:
Spoiler: show
Sure would love to know how they shaped Myst up *hint hint* :razz: +::biggrin

So it's LF!
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby loof123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:38 pm

I must say that whichever game I play last, it is that game so for now it's MM but I know that as soon as I play a Laxius game, it'll be LF/LP. Because your games create an effect that is so... effective. I get attached to those characters. We've known Random, Sarah, Luci, from the beginning, but for MM, most of the characters got introduced late. And the ones that got introduced early like Karine, Hirado left the party soon so we didn't quite enjoy. MM was missing character interaction, because of the few characters. Only in MM5 I truly enjoyed the conversations. But LF was, you know, colorful. So many chars, so many points of view, Wendala... They are BOTH amazing games but I feel more attached to MM for some reason. Maybe because I still can't finish LP3 yet. :razz:
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Why can't you finish LP3?
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:45 pm

I was playing it last summer after LP 1 and 2 and couldn't finish it in time. And since I'm a boarding student, I can't play it when school's out. I already downloaded it again but didn't start to play it yet. Have to go with a save file since I don't want to start from the beginning. (No Wendala in the first few days. Can you imagine??? +::O_o +::O_o )
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:47 pm

loof123 wrote:(No Wendala in the first few days. Can you imagine??? +::O_o +::O_o )

Nope! +::biggrin
But it's been soooooo long since I played LP, I don't really remember much.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Alikamou » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:49 pm

That's still the one LP I can't play at all +::cry No matter...LF1-3 came out and continued on from there :)
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby loof123 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

+::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o Why can't you play it? That's the one LP you shouldn't be missing!!!
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Alikamou » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:52 pm

doesn't dl for me and won't open. Now...back to topic :razz:
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby clear » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:30 am

LF win.
clear
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:09 am

clear wrote:LF win.

Care to elaborate?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ad518 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Having some free time right now, so I thought I would try to tackle this question. There is really no easy or definite answers.

Music:
I like music in mm5 better, which is not to say that it is not good in LF at all. Music in LF is very FITTING. It is just very beautiful in mm5, which is also very fitting.

Art work:
MM5. Gorgeous!

Plots and story lines:
I think LF wins this round. It feels like the plots are ... well... deeper and more extensive in LF. It feels somewhat more linear with mm5. First of all, I suspect side quests might have some influence on that. They seem to be of completely different nature. The whole scheme FEELS like with more twist and turns, as well as surprises, in LF. The intensity and the "magnitude" of their missions are also very different. To be frank, the difference is not very tangible. It is just how they feel like. For instance: Random rallied heroes all over to fight against evil vs friends trying to support Marine's dream. I am probably exaggerating a little trying to give an example here. But there seems to be the general lack of consensus and unity in Marine's team. Half of the members were not really there because they wanted to save the people in Myst. They were there to "support Marine" or they owed Marine favors. Plus the plot is very narrowly focused on Marine. It FEELS like it was all about getting what Marine wants (probably the feeling is exaggerated somewhat here). This feeling is the strongest when I got to the part when Marine tried to recruit Bokden, where she trusted the feeling of the warmth of Bokden's hand than all her friends' opinions. I am not saying that she shouldn't trust her own instincts (Right or wrong is irrelevant here). But it made others look like idiots and feel like dispensable or easily replaceable. On the other hand, together, Random's team is a strong and united force. Individually, each one has pretty strong presence as well. Random is a powerful character. But he never overshadowed others so much that others couldn't stand out on their own. Random does NOT work miracles. He relies a lot on his teammates, and everyone of his teammate has something unique to offer. On top of this, they were there to defeat evil, not just to support Random (except for Sarah perhaps), even if some of them were recruited through friendship initially.
OK, sorry for going on an on. Like I said, the differences are not all that tangible. There is no easy way to describe it. Don't take it so literally. The point is, the whole atmosphere makes LF more... well... gripping.

Characters:
Both have their merits. Characters are funnier and more lovable in MM5. They are more "human", which I like. On the other hand, they feel like kind of "light weight" compared to those in LF. Probably just because most of them are not as "professional" in fighting. Characters are more "intense" in LF and, as I said earlier, they are have stronger presence. (off topic, I am probably one of the very few people who strongly dislike Sarah. JUST. CAN"T. STAND. HER.)

No sure what other aspects I have missed. Overall, I think I like LF better.
ad518
Wanderer

Next

Return to Millennium 5 - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)