Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Is there a Journal or Quest List?

Is there a Journal or Quest List?

Postby RPGrunt » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:08 pm

I enjoyed the demo very much. Was hoping though for a Journal or something. Did I overlook it somewhere? Thank you.
RPGrunt
Peasant

Re: Is there a Journal or Quest List?

Postby D-Squall » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:44 pm

I was thinking about this too, it doesn't have a journal or a talk skill to tell what to do because of the demo or all the game is gonna be lik this?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby sunfluer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:42 am

I was wondering the same thing. I see that there should be 51 secret rooms, but I haven't found any so far which is quite surprising since I am a a bit into the game ad I have been searching every nook and cranny. I am in the town ruled by witches (Hessaxburg? I don't remember the exact spelling.), so I thought I would have found a few by now.
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:10 am

BTW, the game's description shows Rowen, but in the game the name of the witch is Rowan.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 am

RPGrunt wrote:I enjoyed the demo very much. Was hoping though for a Journal or something. Did I overlook it somewhere? Thank you.

There is no such thing, but Onyx is designed in a way that you do not really need it.
If you do get lost, feel free to ask for help directly on the forum. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 am

sunfluer wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I see that there should be 51 secret rooms, but I haven't found any so far which is quite surprising since I am a a bit into the game ad I have been searching every nook and cranny. I am in the town ruled by witches (Hessaxburg? I don't remember the exact spelling.), so I thought I would have found a few by now.

There are definitely 51 secret rooms and the first batch you can find is in Greythatch Forest (as the logic would command). +::Thumbup 8)
The guide shows them all, if you're interested. +::wizard
And it does IMPACT quite a lot on the gameplay whether you find them or not.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 am

D-Squall wrote:BTW, the game's description shows Rowen, but in the game the name of the witch is Rowan.

My mistake. Blame it on me for not being the writer of the story ahaha.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby sunfluer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:27 pm

I would like to clarify just in case...are the secret rooms like typical ones found in aldorlea games and could be anywhere-so get to clicking...or are they the areas marked with exclamation points throughout the game in that forest?
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby bgamer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:19 pm

sunfluer wrote:I would like to clarify just in case...are the secret rooms like typical ones found in aldorlea games and could be anywhere-so get to clicking...or are they the areas marked with exclamation points throughout the game in that forest?

I managed to find 7 secret rooms when I was playing up to the demo end. The secret rooms will be like if you see a path to a wall, a fireplace, etc. So, just look carefully. :)
bgamer
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:44 pm

sunfluer wrote:I would like to clarify just in case...are the secret rooms like typical ones found in aldorlea games and could be anywhere-so get to clicking...or are they the areas marked with exclamation points throughout the game in that forest?

Not marked.
They are in the same style as, say, 3 Stars or Asguaard.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:44 pm

bgamer wrote:

I managed to find 7 secret rooms when I was playing up to the demo end. The secret rooms will be like if you see a path to a wall, a fireplace, etc. So, just look carefully. :)

Yes, that is a very good way of trying to spot them out.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah most of the secret rooms in Indy's games were marked with a slight clue. For example in MM5, there was an arrow on the ground of the ancient temple that pointed to a wall, and when you checked it, it was a secret room.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:26 pm

loof123 wrote:Yeah most of the secret rooms in Indy's games were marked with a slight clue. For example in MM5, there was an arrow on the ground of the ancient temple that pointed to a wall, and when you checked it, it was a secret room.

Yes, some are like this. It's also harder to find them ALL though.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby sunfluer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks for letting me know, I didn't think the areas marked by the exclamation points were the secret rooms, but I wanted to clarify. I guess it is back to searching...harder this time since I have been looking all over...or at least I thought I had. :) +::grrr +::grrr +::Dance
sunfluer
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:02 pm

sunfluer wrote:Thanks for letting me know, I didn't think the areas marked by the exclamation points were the secret rooms, but I wanted to clarify. I guess it is back to searching...harder this time since I have been looking all over...or at least I thought I had. :) +::grrr +::grrr +::Dance

Exclamation points are placed to indicate an entrance that is not so obvious. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Onyx - Help and Questions